This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Describe your path

Mostly Celtic, and native american influences, but now seem to be more space oriented

Comment

I believe in one overall spiritual being that has two distinct elements - a God part and a Goddess part. I think it's present everywhere and communicates with everything. I wouldn't say I was pantheistic but I'm not far from it. I follow the Wheel of the Year. I also believe in the Wyrd. I'm a bit undecided on the afterlife, but I think what's most likely is a period of rest before reincarnation. I describe myself as an Eclectic because I don't think my beliefs fit within any particular path.

Comment

I read this thread frequently, yet am only just starting to have a clear enough idea of my path, to describe it to others. I am, simply put, your typical eclectic witch (which as you'll know, is anything but typical!). I worship local Celtic deities, although my main god probably wasn't honoured quite as for North as I am. I take inspiration from Celtic reconstruction but do not consider myself a recon because I won't reject those parts of my wiccan training that are affective for me.

That's the best I can do so far. I'm still exploring this new path.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I think I've never replied in here because I'm an Atheist. But that's only non belief in deity. Doesn't mean I don't actually have other beliefs. Though my answers will be short and pretty boooring...

What Gods or Pantheon do you believe in?
          None. I am not angry nor in rebellion of any deity. I respect other's belief in their own deity. But do not mistake that for honoring nor believing in said deity. I just don't f in other peoples' homes.

What rituals do you practice and for what purpose?
          I don't. But I can understand the need for it. The need to feel connected to a belief in a deity no one actually ever sees. I would assume alot of pomp and circumstance would be involved. It's like I don't want to bust your own Disneyland trip just to tell you there is nothing there. If I were a believer, I would NEED ritual to connect me to the unseen. It would calm my fears. It would soothe me. There is nothing wrong with that.

Do you believe in the Afterlife or Otherworld?

Other world? No. After life? I don't know. But I'm in the same boat as every single human being who has and will ever live. None of us actually KNOW. We can believe. We can have faith. We can hope. But none of us knows. So I just don't even worry about it. My knowing nor not knowing..we all still end up the same. Dead.

*to add, this all makes me look like some nihilistic person. I'm actually comforted by the fact that all of us end up the same. Shows how much this doesn't matter if I pray or not. Believe or not.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yeh,there is no guarantee about what happens after death,you get what you get. I seldom give much thought to that,and at 65 I am a bit closer to the last act than our younger members. As an after thought,seeing all the medical breakthroughs lately (healing a heart with stem cells) I might be around a bit longer than I expect.
            Last edited by anunitu; 20 Feb 2012, 18:02.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

my path.
              what gods do i belive in? yes, all of them. including the hermetic ALL. my actual belief is that all spirits all beings and all gods are part of the All's experiencing of being manifest, and that all lives past present and future are occurring at the same time, from complete seperation to complete unity, because there is no time. so every thing is god. the Gods are simply larger clumps of this, as seen from my linear mind.
              having said that, I am dedicated to one or more of these clumps- (Odin, please don't kill me for calling you a clump of spirit-stuff)

I am a Healer. I was raised with native american values and traditions, (though not language- my mother's family is a mix of Cherrokee and Seminole, and adopted by the Assateague Tribe of eastern virginia- they have no language left really) and when I was a young man I found Wicca. I had a great teacher, and she really helped me become a decent person. Over the years since then I have spent time in the CUUPs society, time with the Assateague tribe, and time in traditional Wiccan covens. Odin has always called to me, watching me, and had sent me so many signs that I had to accecpt him as my Patron - even though I didnt feel worthy. honestly, i felt that it was just my subconcious trying to be "cool" for a long long time.
              so last year He told me to tattoo the Valknot on my body, by hand, myself. I freaked. I was scared that I shouldn't, that it was me being fasionable, but i did. and I am still alive. So i guess Odin approves of me.
              what rituals do i do? I walk in the woods, talking to the spirits of the land. I set my intent for healing before each massage or energy healing session i do. I call to the Gods for guidance. I communicate with a certain spirit of the land who helps me in my healing sessions. I spend alot of time clearing crystals or carving sticks- the carving is my meditation.
              Do i belive in an afterlife? kinda maybe sorta? not really sure. I belive our spirits are eternal, but our personalities may not be.

sorry i wrote so much. not an easy topic, cause i dont feel like i fit any mold anymore.

Comment

I have no path, religion, cult, etc. but I'm no atheist ether. My views are my own but I'm willing to share.

I believe the Divine to be representations of the universe, each deity an avatar of some aspect of it. Mars is war incarnate, Atlas the sky, Terra, well, Terra (and maybe planets in general), etc. The Divine isn't personal as the Abrahamics insist but I do think it possible to seek such a relationship though I'd advise against it. The Divine deserves the respect it is due which means worship, refraining from blasphemy and respect for the Universe the Divine represents (this means not building a house in a flood plain as much as it does not razing forests).
                Potius mori quam foedari!

Comment

I am an ecclectic pagan with greek/roman leaning but celtic and egyptian have some thigns to say as well.

I practise traditional wheel of the year rituals but i practise ALOT of hoodoo and traditional wicthcraft. I believe alot in what i can do for myself less what the god/goddes can do for me so i perform the spell or ritual and ask them to asist me a little bit to help it work. I would love if i met someone on here with hoodoo leanings!!!

I believe in the afterlife AND otherworld but im not sure what -_- i know i believe there is something after death but im not quite sure what

Comment

Oh hi there. I'm new here and I'll use this as an introduction instead of making a thread in the introductions forum.

I am a Pagan musician. I am an agnostic polytheist. I do not firmly believe or not believe in the existence of "god", however, there are many that I consider to be gods. Jimi Hendrix. Kurt Cobain. Bill Hicks. Hunter S. Thompson. These are some of my gods. My problem with theism is that there's no way to prove actual existence of god. Christianity for example, we're supposed to believe in jesus and that he died for our sins and all that hoopla. I can't do that. I can, however, recognize individuals that have had tremendous impact and influence on my life, I know they actually existed, what they actually did, and I consider them to be my gods.

I first started practicing witchcraft (just to use a general term) around ten years ago or so. I started studying it with my x gf, and I got a couple books by Douglas Monroe, The 21 lessons of Merlyn and The lost books of Merlyn. These books really hit home with me, and I had a life changing experience as a result of studying and practicing witchcraft.

In 2003 I was living in Colorado with my x gf, working for my uncle who owns a wine distribution company. I delivered wine all over the state. I had moved there in August from Oklahoma where I was living with my father and now currently reside again. I was studying Monroe's first book at that time, though I actually read his second book before that. A little back story ... back in those days I was really into Avril Lavigne. I saw her as sort of a hero, as I saw her as the only mainstream artist who played rock music. She was like the anti-Britney. I once watched an awards show and they had probably about 10 performers. All of them except for one played R&B and rap, stuff that I hate. Avril Lavigne was the only artist that performed rock music, and she rocked the joint. I came to feel that she was my soul mate, and just before we moved to Colorado, I cast a spell in my backyard to meet her in Colorado.

On Halloween in 2003, I had to deliver to the mountains. Vail, Carbondale, Snowmass, Aspen, all those mountain towns. My x gf went with me as she often did, because she never had a job, and we would get high while driving from delivery to delivery. After I was finished with my deliveries, I stopped at one of my uncle's in Carbondale. He told me people got together on Pearl Street in Boulder for Halloween and had a big party, so my x gf and I planned to go. On the way back to the warehouse in Louisville, we stopped at a Conoco in WheatRidge to get some windshield wiper fluid. It was around 10:15 pm. My x gf and I walked towards the gas station, and I felt strange walking up to it. We walked through the door and there she was working behind the counter. This girl that looked exactly like Avril Lavigne. I asked her how it was going and she said "jelly beans and peaches and cream, how about you?" I laughed and said about the same. I got the wiper fluid and asked if they had any paper funnels, she pointed me towards them. I asked if they were free. "Nope, they cost one million dollars ". She was so nice and funny and beautiful. I was only in her presence for five or ten minutes but she changed my life completely. We walked out of the store and immediately my x gf said "I bet you thought she was hot huh? She looked exactly like Avril Lavigne." And I liked and told her no. ... she was very insecure and jealous and knew I had a think for Avril Lavigne. So anyway, we go to Pearl Street and chill, then go home. It wasn't until a few days later that it start to hit me. I started thinking about it and it was like ...... wait, hang on a second. What? wtf? What just happened? What? Who was that girl? wtf pancakes??? I realized who she was. I realized she was my soul mate. I went back to that store every time I had to go on that delivery route, but I never saw her again. After my deliveries on that route, I would always stop at that store looking for her, but there was a different girl there. Eventually my x gf caught wind and asked why we kept going back to that same store, and asked if it was so I could see the girl working there. I said "no ...... she uh .... she ...... she wasn't uh, ... she wasn't the girl that was working there on Halloween was she?" "No .... oh so THAT'S who you're looking for? >". I lied and told her no, but she knew.

I went back to that store every chance I could, but I never saw her there again. My x gf and I moved back to Oklahoma in March of 04, ended up breaking up in 05 after like four years. It was a terrible relationship and I wasn't in love with her.

... I never saw the girl again, but I did talk to her again.

In 2007 I was alone and shut in, still thinking about the girl every single day, had finally gotten the internet. I thought, man, if I could just go back in my mind to that night and look at her name tag, I don't even know her name. A few days later a name popped into my head out of nowhere. Michelle. Was it Michelle? Michelle? Was that her name? That feels right. It feels like Michelle. So I then thought, well, if a man never does anything in his life, what's he done? Let's do this. I then proceeded to search through thousands of Michelles in Denver Colorado on myspace. I spent THREE days doing this. Finally I came across a profile that said something about jellybeans in the likes section, and in the about me she said she was leaving myspace, and left her AIM screen name and said to contact her there if you needed to talk to her. So I added her to my buddy list. A week or so later, I saw her online, and asked if she knew the girl that was working at Conoco in WheatRidge Colorado on Halloween night 2003. She blew me off. A week or two later, I tried again. She again blew me off, and told me to get real. I told her I was being real, I told her about myself, I'm a musician, am looking for my soul mate who changed my life, and she blew me off. Finally one day I saw her online again and tried talking to her again, and this time she actually talked to me pleasantly. I asked how the weather was in Colorado. "I don't live in Colorado any more, some stalker you are ". I smiled back. At one point she said "but I don't LIKE you", and I knew it was her. It was my soul mate. I actually found her on the internet in the sea of people, and she talked to me. After that, I saw her online one more time, and I tried talking to her again but she never responded. That was the last contact I've had with her, but I still think about her every day.

I've written many songs about her, and I'm driven by my experience to get out there with my music and get exposure and be known, and maybe some day I'll come across her again. I hope so.

... but, magically speaking ... around 2006 or 2007, I looked up Douglas Monroe and his books on the internet, and I came to find out that the book of Pherryllt wasn't an ancient Druidic manuscript or whatever, but was a forgery. This disillusioned me, and I fell asleep for years ... until just recently actually. But, I've come to realize that even though the authenticity is very questionable, I agree with Monroe in his statement that authenticity is irrelevant. What is important is that it works.

So, that is me in a nutshell. LirvA is the name of my band, it is Avril backwards, and it is symbolic of my experiences, and it is my everything.

I am LirvA, and it's nice to meet you all

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I'm all over the map here. I believe, very firmly, in the One Source or The Great Spirit that created the universe and is the universe. I also believe in the God and Goddess and that every single deity is one aspect of either the God or the Goddess. It doesn't matter what Pantheon they come from, they're all the same essentially in my view. Which is why I have no problems calling on an Egyptian Goddess and a Celtic God for Ostara or a Native American God and a Celtic Goddess for Mabon. I believe that every goddess in all cultures is just an aspect of the Goddess and every god is an aspect of the God. That's just my feel though.

I do Sabbat rituals as well as witchcraft. Sabbats I do for two reasons: I love to mark the passing of the seasons and the change in the world and secondly, because I have to attend at least 3 Sabbat rituals in my coven in order to get my degrees. I do witchcraft for lots of different reasons. It makes me feel connected to the world, like I have some control over some things and I find it fulfilling and fun.

I believe in a form of reincarnation. I believe that there is another level of existence, one where our "essence" dwells. Some call this the spiritual realm, in the Druid tradition it's one of the 9 levels of existence. I believe that on this plane of existence we are in a our true form. Without body, without humanity. We're one with the universe completely--we are the world, the veins that create it, the life that is the universe. I believe that we then choose to come back in various forms of living things in this world to learn, to live and experience life as that thing. We can come back as an animal, a tree, a rock, a person, anything living. We don't carry the memories of our past lives when we're in this world but when we die, it all comes together. Does that make sense?
                      I do believe that "essences" can get trapped in this world, stuck and unable to move on. I think that some people have lived the same life over and over and over and are doomed to repeat it until they learn from it. When a soul or essence as learned a certain amount, it then becomes a spirit guide. These guides will work with other spirits or whatever to teach them, guide them through life. when someone is continuously not learning the lesson, these spirit guides might "curse" or make them repeat until they get it. For example, if someone's keeps killing themselves in their lives, they live the same type of life as before until they learn to work through their pain and learn from that experience. Those are my thoughts, but I know most people wouldn't agree with me.

Comment

My path is well defined and has evolved over more years than I'd like to confess! It is also unlike anyone I have encountered in someone else (so far anyway!)

I am a wizard, witch and sorcerer. Not "religious" in the ordinary sense. I believe in the ONE-ness of all things/ the Source. That ONE has diversified itself into everything and everyone we supposedly perceive. The gods are REAL because the one source of all things is real (in fact, the ONLY reality there is.) That being said, dragons, faeries, Hobbits, Gandalf, Zedicus, Merlin, Satan, Jesus, angels, demons, etc. etc. are ALSO real on some level. These things "exist" by virtue of the interconnectedness of the one overarching reality.

My practice is entirely magickal and it is a daily activity. I interact with spirits of all sorts including gods and goddesses whom I see as elder brothers and sisters. I honor and respect them but do not worship them. I do not worship anything or anyone. There is only ONE, only ONE IS. This prevents me from imagining I am greater than any other individual. We are all manifestations of the ONE thing that is. Whereas I do not WORSHIP anything, I do SERVE. I am a servant of the "secret fire." The Secret Fire is the creative, causal, self-organizing principle at work throughout this universe. It moves things everywhere. It makes things happen. I flow with this grand creative force. Being part of the ALL ONE my actions are creative and powerful in their right. This is wielding the fire on a certain level.

I practice at night most times. I embrace the darkness. Not darkness as in evil or malice, but rather the dark, primordial, gestation that happens BEFORE something comes to light, as the expression goes. It is the time when the world quiets, relaxes and the time when humans rest and recuperates from a hard day. The darkness helps me to focus my mind on the task at hand.
                        sigpicFor something different, visit my blog: http://theunknownwizard.blogspot.com

Comment

My path is something that always is learning and growing. Every day you learn something new. My goal of my path is to connect me with the gods, the divine, and the cycles of nature. I always loved nature, and when I grew up as a christian, I never saw the nature aspect. I was always interested in gods of different eras, and the supernatural, and also magic and witchcraft. When I was younger I said to my self "I wish I could be a witch." I dont consider my self a witch though, simply because I am still learning. Why call your self something, if you are still learning. I am somewhat religious, however I dont put a lable on it. If somone asks I say, I am a pagan.
                          I dont follow any one god or goddess. However I do pray, and work with some of the gods, on rare ocasion. I dont see the need to build a relationship with one certain god or goddess because I see every god out there, is a different aspect of the great spirit, or as I sometimes call it, the Light. This spirit runs through everything, the trees, animals, people, and on all planes physical, and non, and also spirtual. This spirit is all loving, and all knowing, and we are apart of this spirit. I see our subconcious mind apart of the divine energy. So therefore, when I worship the different gods, I use there form, to concentrate better, so I can understand the great spirit more. Thats like saying this, my mom, she is a daughter, a mother, a manager, a friend, a stranger etc. She has many different roles she plays to some people. She has different aspects, happy, creative, joyful, all loving, at times angry or upset. However she is still the same person.If I take those different aspects or roles of her and shape them into a person, then thats just me getting to know her creative side. Thats how I think us humans did at. Our ancestors found out there was a higher being, they gave it a name throughout time, named it different names and aspects.
                          Now for the afterlife setting, I could go on hours with this. I believe the after life has many names, depending what religion. Yet it is the same place. I dont believe in hell, or any punishing place, to me thats alittle unsettling. whatever you do in your life, is your making, not the gods, or spirits around us. Whatever you put out there is your doing. The gods wont scold you, they love everyone, however you pay the price for what you do, so I dont believe in afterlife punishment. If I were to name this afterlife, I would call it 3 names that I use. The otherworld, The other side, or The Summerlands (which is wiccan, Im not wiccan, but alot of my belifs come from there) Once death, the soul departs from the body, and makes its way to the summerland. I dont know what it looks like, however I have had dreams about visiting there. I dont know if it is what it actually looks like, but if my dreams are what the summerland looks like, it looks like a hot summers day, its about to rain (not scary dark clouds, but like darkish, I like darkclouds) with a hint of sun, the wind is blowing. Your bare in the feet, and the grass comes up to your chest. Theres mountains and everything else. Once there we rejoice, cooldown, have some time to commune with everyone of the divine etc. Maybe help some of your grand children on the physical world. Then when thats done, you and your family, travel in soul groups, and head back to the physical world. Then all over again.
                          Lastly, the types of rituals I do are different. I sometimes do spellcraft to manifest something in my life. Ill celebrate the cycles of nature by celebrating the wheel of the year. (sabbats) Ill foucs on the female energy on the full moon. On the sabbats, it really depnds on my mood im in. All my rituals do. Im honest with the gods. I dont want to do something really huge and not be in the mood. I do something thats special to me, and that I think is right. I dont do a slopy job, I do a great job everytime. If im busy on a sabbat or esbat, Ill mentally go to my sacred place and do ritual in head. Ive done rituals in the shower once etc. As long as I do something for the gods, and I give it my best, then im happy. I also think this is reality. A cycle is endless going in a circle. Not each year though is the same. So neither should my rituals be. I also do rituals to do mediations, oracle card reading, crystal ball scrying, and also every morning and evening to honor the gods and spirits for everything they do. In a nut shell, my path is about me learning, growing, going with cycles of nature, becoming closer to the great spirit, and also to my guides, and figuring out everything. Happy and safe journeys on your path, blessed be!!! Good luck!!!
                          Last edited by wind; 31 Mar 2012, 14:31.

Comment

Originally posted by TaiganPagan View Post
                            What are basically your beliefs...

Things like....
                            etc...
                            I don't know what I believe in. I know I call myself an athiest, who sees some stuff in common with LaVey. I cant call myself a Satanist as he did, because some things in the Satanic Bible were straight up nonsense to me at the time I first read most of it. Now I'm not sure if magic exist or not. The only thing I can equate to being a god, is the earth itself. Maybe the sun too, since without it life wouldn't exist either. I'd say my path is of the left hand though. I despise all there is to the religions of today, christianity, islam, judaism and all other branches of them and I wish their evils to be removed from this world so it can begin to grow again and not stay stagnant as it is today.

I have no rituals.

Afterlife, I seem to believe in reincarnation. I cant help it, when I feel as though I was born into the wrong age for some unknown reason. And, that it has left me broken and disillusioned. I know I'm lost, and on my own, I seek answers, but it's slow and hard. So, I learn as I can and wait, and hope, that someone will come along to help me speed up the process and find what it is I'm after. To find what I truly believe in and maybe in the end find the reason I am here, that is what my main goal is before I sleep and wait to be reborn.

Comment

I identify primarily as Vanatru or as a Vanic Pagan (I use the term "Pagan" to differentiate myself from reconstructionists who usually use the label 'Heathen') but I'll also answer to Norse Pagan or Northern Tradition Pagan when the mood strikes me. Usually I'm happy with Vanatru.

Freyja is my "deity of choice" but Freyr and Njord occasionally invade my thoughts, as does Loki(!), Idunna, Gerda, Skadi, Sunna, and Mani, and Mother Earth (I don't call Her by any specific name, but some call her Jord and others Nerthus) but right now, I'm pretty much a Freyjaswoman (though I haven't officially oathed to her).

As for rituals, I am still very much in the closet so my circumstances prevent me from doing a whole lot (even leaving offerings is difficult to impossible) so I'm basically waiting until I get my own place where I'll have the space and the privacy.

As for the afterlife, I think it's possible some part of us survives death, but honestly, there's so much going on in this world that I don't have time to worry about where I'm going when I die! I just try to live the best life I can now.

Comment

Last edited by Louisvillian; 27 May 2012, 20:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X