This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norse Mythology Quiz~!

1.)What did Loki do to make Skadi laugh?

2.)How did Odin lose one of his eyes?

4.)How did Thor lose his hammer and what did he do to get it back?

5.)How was Baldur killed?

7.)Who is Surtr?

8.)Who are the Norns, and what are their names?

Re: Norse Mythology Quiz~!

Originally posted by Gandalf View Post
    1.)What did Loki do to make Skadi laugh?

2.)How did Odin lose one of his eyes?

3.)Name all of Loki’s children.

4.)How did Thor lose his hammer and what did he do to get it back?

5.)How was Baldur killed?

6.)Name all of Odin’s children.

7.)Who is Surtr?

8.)Who are the Norns, and what are their names?

Quickly off the top of my head... and with two glasses of mead under my belt...

1. Tied his balls to a goat and had it run around the room, dragging him around until he fell into her lap.

2). He sacrificed it to Mimir (or Mimirsbrunnar, however you choose to look at it) in exchange for knowledge.

3) Sleipnir, Fenrir, Jormungandr, Hella, Vali, Narfi/Nari. His liason with Glut is debatable (and frankly I'm not convinced) but he potentially has children (or foster children) with a dvergr man, which is a long story.

4) Now this one I'm a bit hazier about... Mjollnir is stolen from him (presumably by Thrymr but I can't recall if we are told how). He gets it back by dressing as Freyja and pretending to be there to marry Thrymr (as trade for Mjollnir's return). The minute Mjollnir is back in his hands he lays about him in true Thor style.

5) By having a twig/spear/arrow of mistletoe thrown at him by his brother Hodhr (who's blind hand was guided by Loki). The background of that story is long and complex. But Frigg should have known better.

6) Are we talking just biological Aesir children here? To Jordhr... Thor. To Frigg... Baldr and Hodhr and possibly Hermod. To Rind... Vali. To the Nine Undines (probably, but we can't be sure)... Heimdall. There's another one... Vidharr? Though I can't recall who his mother was. And that's only the children counted as Aesir... not the mortal children or the debatable ones who can't be cross referenced in multiple sources. Of course, it depends entirely on which sources you consider 'legitimate' and how explicit you wish your sources to be.

7) A jotnar leader who lives in Muspellheim and is one of the oldest beings in the Nine Worlds. One of the leaders of the jotnar forces at Ragnarok and the one who will kill Freyr.

8) The Nornir (capitalised) are three frost giantesses (jotnar) who are in charge of Wryd and orlog. They dwell at Urdharbrunnr in Asgard and tend the roots of Yggdrasil by smearing rejuvenating clay from the Well onto the roots. I could write whole chapters on the Nornir, but I wont. Their names are Urdhr, Verdhandi and Skuld. There are also lesser norns mentioned in the Lore, but no one talks about those.

Comment

Working...
    X