This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much naked is too naked?

Got the idea from an article on-line. It's about moms who are fine walking around naked in front of their kids. Their 13 year old boys. Now I personally don't have a problem with being naked with your little kids. No biggy. But 13 seems a bit odd to me. Especially if it's the opposite sex. I dunno. I wouldn't want to be seeing my daddy's shlong when I was 13. Just no.

This isn't about being naked or not. Though if that's your beef, please feel free to opine! What age do you start cutting off that sort of thing?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: How much naked is too naked?

I think it depends on context.

Are you in the tub and someone has to pee and you have one bathroom? Are you running to get underpants? Or are you lounging about?

I don't know that gender should matter, but it might, depending on the kid and the adult. My hubby has NEVER been comfy nudy around our kid. But I've taken baths with her and probably would for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      This isn't about being naked or not. Though if that's your beef, please feel free to opine! What age do you start cutting off that sort of thing?
      When & if your kids start having a sexual response to your nudity, or when it becomes uncomfortable for you or your kids.

Or when Child Protective Services shows up because your kids mentioned it to their teacher or a friend's parent.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

When a kid is about 3 feet tall, their face is right about on level with your naughty bits.

Might be worth considering if that's what you want them looking at all the time.

Doesn't matter that much to me - we stopped walking around naked when somebody (kids or K'Roe & I) started finding it uncomfortable, for one reason or another.

Not much point being naked when it's uncomfortable, since being comfortable was the reason for being naked in the first place.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I was always uncomfortable about it as a child i didnt like my aunts and mother changing around me. I would take the childs level of comfort into consideration as well. I dont have children i think i would probably stop it at an early age.

Comment

I don't know honestly. I wouldn't feel comfortable being naked in front of my kids, but my wife probably would because she and her family have never had any issues being naked in front of one another. That may change on down the line, but I agree that it just depends on the family in question.

Comment

We stay within social norms, though I don't see a problem with nudity. If everyone was naked it wouldn't mean very much. Truly, I think sex is mostly in the mind and that clothing is sexier than nudity in he same way that a decorated cake looks more delicious.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I'm gonna cheat because I slept poorly and want a nap...and this is something I've blogged about already. Its a couple years old, but I haven't changed my opinion much.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

In former East Germany, there is no such thing as "too naked." There are naked people on every beach and in many public parks. If you want to be naked, be naked.

I'm fine with it here, but I'm trying to explain to my boyfriend that he CANNOT do this in Canada. I tell him he can get arrested if he changes into his bathing suit at the beach (he's not a nudist...he just has no qualms about changing his shorts in public) without covering up somehow. He thinks its ridiculous. I do too, but that doesn't change the fact that it will cause problems and he shouldn't do it. Until the laws change, respect the laws.

To relate more to the topic, the borders here as to what is acceptable or not regarding nudity are a lot looser. Being naked in front of your kids just isn't a big deal, and having your kids run around naked playing in a public fountain is also not a big deal.
                  Last edited by DanieMarie; 30 Aug 2014, 13:54.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

To relate more to the topic, the borders here as to what is acceptable or not regarding nudity are a lot looser. Being naked in front of your kids just isn't a big deal, and having your kids run around naked playing in a public fountain is also not a big deal.
                    Till the perv on the bench is snapping pics.

I think it's sorta up to the child and their level of comfort. Some kids are private about their bodies early on. Some not. But then again YOU are the parent. And YOU get to set the limits. I don't think some 13 year old boy should be just ok with watching his mom cook naked in the house. Passing by, out of the shower. Stuff happens in a home. But I dunno. I don't want to be 30 sitting with my naked mom of 66 at the kitchen table.

Oddly...I do remember giving my mother showers when she was in her elderly years. Same with my nana now that I think about it. They still wanted their privacy and respect. But I had to make sure they didn't slip and kill themselves in there either. I also had to actually help bathe my mom in her later years. I was quite comfortable doing so.

I'm not helping.:=S:

Comment

Yeah taking pics of naked children is totally illegal. I guess it could still happen, but no one is really worrying about it. They just let their kids play. Usually, only really young kids run around naked. Older kids usually want to cover up.

Most people also don't hang around their home naked (though I'm sure some do). But it's not really a big deal to walk out of the shower nude or change.

People here have a very different concept of the human body. it's a lot less sexualized. The body is seen as natural and nudity isn't weird or something to cover up. Clothes do serve a social and practical function and people wear them in public 99% of the time, but nudity isn't seen as something to be ashamed of and it is not illegal. If there is a segment on saunas on prime time TV, you'll see naked people...on prime time tv. There are topless women on magazine covers when they run articles on breast cancer. Saggy old men sunbathe nude at non-nudist lakes and beaches. Little kids splash in the water naked. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                        Yeah taking pics of naked children is totally illegal. I guess it could still happen, but no one is really worrying about it. They just let their kids play. Usually, only really young kids run around naked. Older kids usually want to cover up.

Most people also don't hang around their home naked (though I'm sure some do). But it's not really a big deal to walk out of the shower nude or change.

People here have a very different concept of the human body. it's a lot less sexualized. The body is seen as natural and nudity isn't weird or something to cover up. Clothes do serve a social and practical function and people wear them in public 99% of the time, but nudity isn't seen as something to be ashamed of and it is not illegal. If there is a segment on saunas on prime time TV, you'll see naked people...on prime time tv. There are topless women on magazine covers when they run articles on breast cancer. Saggy old men sunbathe nude at non-nudist lakes and beaches. Little kids splash in the water naked. It is what it is.
                        And this is why I loooove europe! I wish I was going in summer!!!
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

haha I don't know if all of Europe is like that! I think it's more of a Northern Europe thing.

Comment

I want to live where the Ikea people are

Comment

I really want to post a link to the naked man on the subway that circulated the web a few years ago, but it's NSFW and I'm not sure if I can in this forum. Still, that pic says everything you need to know about nudity in Berlin.

Edit: I found one with the right parts blurred off in this post: http://berlin-enjoy.com/typical-berl...u-bahn-photos/ (they missed that time someone brought a pony on the Ubahn!)

Comment

Working...
                              X