Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Добрый день! - Or: Good Day to you!

Добрый день! - Or: Good Day to you!

I hope it was OK when I kept the title partly in kyrillic letters.

I hope that this thread can be found more easily by friends of the Russian people and the Russian culture that way.

And that shall be the topic here:

the Russian people and the Russian culture

Re: Добрый день! - Or: Good Day to you!

Privyet - or so!

Comment

Ooo I took a couple years of Russian in college and could speak it half decent back then. Though gleb can tell you that's gone way downhill. I really need to practice. All the Russian speaking folks popping up on here is great encouragement
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Russian is a complicated language. Partly because each word has several endings according to the situation it's used in. I was born in South-Eastern Ukraine in a city called Donetsk. Anyway, if you have any questions about it - feel free to PM me.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, though, I didn't ever think about Russian popping up here as a subject.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
          To be honest, though, I didn't ever think about Russian popping up here as a subject.
          Well - never say never!

And this is why I am interested in Russia and Russian culture:

I have visited Russia a few times - und guests from Russia have visited me.

I have not been as tourist to Moscow or St. Petersburg - but have been to Perm near the Ural and to Krasnodar near the Black Sea because of private invitations.

I don't know much Russian besides "Thank you!" or "Good bye" etc - but I can read kyrillic letters - and that is a great help already when you are in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Larix View Post
            Well - never say never!

And this is why I am interested in Russia and Russian culture:

I have visited Russia a few times - und guests from Russia have visited me.

I have not been as tourist to Moscow or St. Petersburg - but have been to Perm near the Ural and to Krasnodar near the Black Sea because of private invitations.

I don't know much Russian besides "Thank you!" or "Good bye" etc - but I can read kyrillic letters - and that is a great help already when you are in Russia.
            Some of the letters in Russian are similar to the English ones. But they may sound differently. For instance, the russian 'B', sounds like the English 'V'.

Here are few links you can learn view: http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/russian.php

I hope that helped.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Some of the letters in Russian are similar to the English ones. But they may sound differently. For instance, the russian 'B', sounds like the English 'V'.
              I know.

I know very well.

As I said - I can read and write kyrillic letters.

Comment

Originally posted by Larix View Post
                I know.

I know very well.

As I said - I can read and write kyrillic letters.
                Very well.

Comment

очень хорошо!

Comment

Отлично (excellent). Larix - when you post something in russian, please provide the translation for those who don't know the language.

Comment

Отлично (excellent). Larix - when you post something in russian, please provide the translation for those who don't know the language.

I'm actually going to require this. There are several languages spoken by different staff members but we do not all speak all languages known by various members of this board. In the interest of enabling staff members to do their jobs efficiently, I'm going to require all non-English commentary to have an accompanying translation.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

He said very good. Just fyi.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          I'm actually going to require this. There are several languages spoken by different staff members but we do not all speak all languages known by various members of this board. In the interest of enabling staff members to do their jobs efficiently, I'm going to require all non-English commentary to have an accompanying translation.
                          Oh my God ......

Again I get told off.

So this will be the second thread that I have started here where I better stop writing in any more.

- - - Updated - - -

Can somebody please erase all the kyrillic letters I used here?

And I promise never to write any kyrillic letters here ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

I promise NEVER to write ANYTHING in Russian any more.

Comment

Bloody hells, Larix. Get over yourself.

The requirement is not retro-active, is not specific to you and does not come with an infraction.

It's in place for all participants so that when staff members read through here, they have a general idea of what you're saying. If I intended it as anything more then you'd have multiple edited posts by now. Use Cyrillic all you like, just post translations in your posts so that non Russian speaking staff can understand what you're saying. This is not an unreasonable requirement.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

MO didn't tell you off, he told you to post a translation.

You can post in whatever language you want, provided you provide a translation.

Its in ze forum rulz:

II. Conduct
                              The following are guidelines we expect our members to follow while participating in discussions on our forum.
                              Language
                              • Spoken/Typed: Pagan Forum is primarily an English speaking forum and therefore requires English translation for any content posted in another language. We do not discourage multi-lingual discussion, but bear in mind that the site is hosted and maintained by US owners and for moderation purposes require translation to any non-English text. If you do not wish to provide translation to text in a foreign language, please get clearance from a staff member prior to posting it, or use Private Messages to individual members.

ze forum rulz
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X