This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question to Theistic Satanists

Hey to my brother and sister Satanists (with respect from a Jesus follower). I am learning more about your religion and way of life so please bare with my questions.

How do you view Satan as a deity or God? Is it the personality used in the bible or a different personality?

Lastly how do you view Followers of Jesus? Evangelical church going christians and the more open minded christians? Specifically do you despise them as most of them seem to oppose you or what is your take on this?

I hope I'm not sending the wrong vibes or anything I simply want to gain better knowledge.

Love to you my friends

Re: Question to Theistic Satanists

Hello.

Originally posted by motherearth View Post
    How do you view Satan as a deity or God?
    For me, "Satan" is a title applicable to more than one entity. The Satan, to whom I hold allegiance, is but one such entity. Many Theistic Satanists believe that Satan actually IS "God" or the creative force behind the Universe - but that is not my belief. I believe that the ultimate creative force behind the Universe is transcendent, non-sentient and in no way, shape or form knowable by Man.

Is it the personality used in the bible or a different personality?
    "The Bible" is a vague term indeed. Do you mean the Old Testament or the New Testament or both? Or the literature including the Biblical Apocrypha such as the various volumes of the pseudepigrapha? My perception of Satan is drawn from many sources, but these do not include the New Testament.

Lastly how do you view Followers of Jesus? Evangelical church going christians and the more open minded christians? Specifically do you despise them as most of them seem to oppose you or what is your take on this?
    Most of the Christians that I have known in my lifetime are loving, generous people who practice what they preach. I have known holy-rollers and Bible-thumping assholes, too. I don't have any generic hatred towards Christians or Christianity like many Satanists do the same as I have no hatred towards anyone belonging to any other religion either - unless someone, Christian or not, gives me a reason to despise them - then live and let live.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Torey, it's insane how people just make these stupid uneducated statements about satanists specifically theistic satanists being bad people or whatever, it angers me when someone just makes statements about satanists without doing some research on what their believe actually represents, as far as I understand it's a very personal path to life or am I wrong?

I get what you're saying about the bible issue since to me the old and new testament seems vastly different sometimes it has a different feeling to it for me but what's your perspective on satan in the old and new testaments without the apocrypha ?

Thanks for making these things more clear.

Comment

Well to begin I believe Satan to be a pagan god I also believe in many other gods and view him equal to the rest. I view Christians much the same as everyone else. Now I've had nasty run ins with some proclaimed Christians over one being gay and the other for openly practicing witchcraft. But I believe not all Christians are bad just the ones I mentioned but there are tons of excepting loving Christians out there
        Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Thanks for the reply Satanic Witch. So all in all it doesn't have much to do with the God the bible speaks of (the way you personally believe) ?

And as someone who believes in the old and new testaments I seem to get much more frustated by some christians as some of them always want to tell peope what to believe but I guess we see that with other people as well.

Thanks you for the response.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Torey, it's insane how people just make these stupid uneducated statements about satanists specifically theistic satanists being bad people or whatever, it angers me when someone just makes statements about satanists without doing some research on what their believe actually represents, as far as I understand it's a very personal path to life or am I wrong?

I get what you're saying about the bible issue since to me the old and new testament seems vastly different sometimes it has a different feeling to it for me but what's your perspective on satan in the old and new testaments without the apocrypha ?

Thanks for making these things more clear.
            Theistic Satanism is many things to many different people - for myself, it's a path to Personal Power.

I have no belief in the validity of any portrayals of Satan within the New Testament - my views of "the Devil", as Satan is sometimes described by New Testament believers, are that "the Devil" is an Egregore which has been essentially brought into existence by human belief in it.

As for what my overall perception of Satan is - it is drawn from the Old Testament and Apocrypha. I believe "Satan" to be a title, not a singular entity - and the entity which I hold allegiance to is equatable to שמיחזה, Semjaza of the Fallen.

Comment

I'm not technically a Theistic Satanist, but I'm close enough that I usually throw my opinions into these questions anyway...

How do you view Satan as a deity or God? Is it the personality used in the bible or a different personality?
              My view is that 'Satan' is a title which can be applied to a number of deities and entities. Which is the 'true' or 'original' Satan is up for debate. The original title applied to whichever angel happened to hold the ha-satan role at YHVH's behest, but has evolved somewhat to encompass the role or archetype of 'Adversary'. I think that the Satan of the Old Testament is quite a different entity to that of the New Testament. In the OT, there is no reference to ha-satan being The Devil or the concept of evil incarnate... quite the opposite in fact. So where did the NT get the concept that Satan was The Devil was Lucifer was whatever-other-name-the-translaters-chose-to-equate-together? I think the The Devil as modern day Christians know him is an egregore which has reached a close-to-deity status via the immense about of energy and fear that is fed into him. But he's not Satan.

The same way I view everyone else... on a case by case basis. I am Australian, so I have had almost no exposure to the sorts of fundamentalist evangelicals that are infamous in the USA... I'm sure we have them, but there aren't enough to create the same sorts of stereotype here in Australia. I have some very close friends who are Christian, I grew up Catholic and I had several Mormon friends throughout highschool. They were all lovely people. I probably know more pagans that I'd like to slap than Christians who I'd like to slap.

Comment

Working...
              X