This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Brothers & Sisters

Hello, I am known as Frater Nostro in the magical order I created, called the Ordo Aeon Astron (O∴A∴A∴)

I am practicing black magician. I'm not really sure if I'd fit in neatly in to any labels like Luciferian, Satanist, or what have you.

I think of Black Magick as a magical approach wherein the magician works his Will upon the Earth. I am not "evil", or interested in destructive magick. I am interested in using magick for two reasons: to bring about, or manifest, all my material desires. Also to gain knowledge through communion with spirits! I am pursuing my idea of Godhood, with is basically my descriptor for autonomous sovereignty - the freedom to live a life I desire, more or less!

Basically my philosophy for black magick is summed with the following:

Originally posted by O∴A∴A∴'s definition of Black Magick

A black magician recognizes that he is the Most High, he is God. He works with spirits to work His Will upon the Earth. He is not satisfied with his life as-is; he works to bring his life to meet the circumstances he has always dreamed of. He places no restrictions upon himself. He works with any spirits necessary to work his will upon the Earth. If obstacles, people, or spirits stand in his way, threaten him or those he cares about, or if any aforementioned forces harm him or those he cares about, the black magician has no reservations in felling his divine wrath upon his aggressors. His motto is “Nothing is greater than what I can become.”
    My history with magick:
    When I was 13, I discovered I had a natural talent for empathy. I'm sure you all know what this is! I can feel the emotions of others within myself, as if they are my own emotions. This got me thinking that life is much deeper, basically that there is much more to life than meets the eye!

A few years and experiences later, I dedicated my life to magick and the pursuit of knowledge. I began to seek out spirits. I started by seeking out and communing with spirits of the forest, most particularly the spirits of trees.

When I was 18, I discovered Satanism. I took very well to the ideology of bringing about one's own will through ritual means. Molding one's life to suit his desires. After a short while, a spirit began talking to me.

It turned out to be Lucifer. Lucifer began instructing me of the flaws of the ideology that I was calling my own, and he began aligning the very world to bring about my ascent to power and knowledge. Lucifer has since been my foremost "deity." I requested his light and guidance to help me become a light in the darkness of life.

I've always been somewhat sensitive of my spirituality, thinking that people would see me as being a crackpot, and so far my experience on this forum has basically been what I am accustomed to =/. People who saw my site, the
    O∴A∴A∴ Black Temple, said that I seem like a crackpot and a drug user? Honestly all I want is to fit in with other practicing magicians and feel like I'm part of a group =/

Anyways, that's me, just looking for friends

- - - Updated - - -

Small update:

One of my ultimate goals is to contribute to the overall magic community at large. I haven't decided how I might be able to go about this. Thinking of maybe writing a book or two?

Re: Hello Brothers & Sisters

So I just spent some time on your site...and on google, and found several of your entries and bits of wisdom are directly copy and pasted from other websites. For example...Link removed by mod staff, explanation to come in later post on June 19th is actually from http://www.becomealivinggod.com/news...-you-want.html That doesn't seem to have anything to do with you. Can you explain this please?

What do you mean by "becoming a god"? How can you teach people to became one if you haven't achieved it yet? What's your moral stance on taking money to teach information it appears you just gathered off the internet yourself?
    Last edited by MaskedOne; 06 Sep 2014, 20:01.

Comment

For what it is worth, Illustrious, I recognize the courage and maturity required to start over after getting off on the wrong foot. You should know that you will encounter many different practices and beliefs at this forum, so it is not unusual to do a bit of explaining about your beliefs and practices if that is what you wish to discuss. There is a S.A.F.E. board at the forum if you want to catch your breath and get your bearings.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

In truth, I haven't charged a single person for anything. I copied that particular entry because I couldn't have explained it better myself! Sometimes when something I wish to explain or share has already been done by somebody who I don't feel I could explain any better, I copy and paste it. I sometimes forget to give credit, in this case however I said at the bottom of the article it was found on Become a Living God. It isn't meant to have anything to do with me, it's a method I found a lot of success with and wanted to share!

In terms of magick, it's lifelong learning. I've been practicing for 10 years now though, and I am in a position to be able to teach others. How do you define when Godhood starts or ends? Since I am able to take control of my life through ritual magick, does this mean I have achieved Godhood? I think of Godhood as something to continually strive for. To continually seek to better myself.

Most of what I know has come from my work with spirits. From time to time they guide me to information on the internet, in books, etc. I study different books daily! I LOVE to read new grimoires, new theories, etc.

My philosophy towards accepting payment is that if a person desires to pay, they are only asked to pay what they feel the information is worth to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
        For what it is worth, Illustrious, I recognize the courage and maturity required to start over after getting off on the wrong foot. You should know that you will encounter many different practices and beliefs at this forum, so it is not unusual to do a bit of explaining about your beliefs and practices if that is what you wish to discuss. There is S.A.F.E. board at the forum if you want to catch your breath and get your bearings.
        I honestly wouldn't know where to begin in explanation of my "belief system" - I suppose I could be called a theist, most basically, as I work closely with disembodied entities?

Comment

Originally posted by Illustrious View Post
          I honestly wouldn't know where to begin in explanation of my "belief system" - I suppose I could be called a theist, most basically, as I work closely with disembodied entities?
          I suppose an explanation of any "belief system" would be quite an undertaking. The question was 'What do you mean by "becoming a god?"' And if I understand your answer correctly, what this means to you is that you continually strive for godhood, though I am still fuzzy on what you mean by "godhood." Is this simply being the best you that you can be, or are you planning to wink out of physical existence, or something else? I don't think anyone here cares one way or the other, just want to know what you are talking about.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I understand!

Being all you can be is exactly what I think of as striving for Godhood. I don't what I would consider to be unrealistic expectations of magick, such as winking out of existence and living in say the Astral Plane.

When I do achieve what I think Godhood is, I will have completely altered life to my liking. I will be successful in everything I do. I will have established my personal empire, and it will be growing.

Comment

In truth, I haven't charged a single person for anything. I copied that particular entry because I couldn't have explained it better myself! Sometimes when something I wish to explain or share has already been done by somebody who I don't feel I could explain any better, I copy and paste it.
              There is a name for this. It's called plagiarism. It's not only immoral, but its also illegal. If you want to share what someone else has written, its not appropriate to share it without giving credit.

Then I ask again, money or not, how are you a teacher if you can't even explain what you believe in concise terms? I'm quite bewildered by this.

As an example, at once point I was a member of an interfaith coven. We had an initiation training program where we taught the basics of Wiccan influenced grey magic, magical ethics and energy work. We spent innumerable hours crafting lesson plans, exercises and learning opportunities. We made lists of our reference materials and created reading lists. As an eclectic, interfaith pagan group, we did not enforce a belief system but carefully explained our own and helped our students find the right path for them. The detail was incredible. It was also done in a traditional fashion, ala Gerald Gardener and written by hand in grimoires we made custom for each student.

And all this was offline, private only and 100% free. We would never even have considered asking for money. The only time money was involved was at group gatherings where we would rent a campsite or something similar and you'd pay your $10 but only if you were sleeping there.

So I look at the site you've put together, where you admit to plagiarism and have little else by way of resources, and see that you are soliciting money to train people, but you can't even tell me what you believe?

You'll have to forgive me, but that makes all my warning bells go off.

Comment

All I have to say is your rediculous and more then likely a fraud . And why haven't u left
                Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Regardless of opinions about his methodology or character, Illustrious is now a member of this board with all the rights, responsibilities and protections there of. Do not resort to open flaming. If you start an open flame war then I will end it.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

The coven i interested in at one point of time offered their learning material free. Many of the pagans witches call them what you will offer their knowledge free. I dont pass judgements on your knowledge seeing the pricetag i would not of stayed to find out more. You want share your knowledge then enlighten and educate freely ( you can say you dont charge but the website misleads and thats the book a potential student will judge you from).

Credit the orginal author not only is it the law. From a business stand point its not good practice. Its just like using anothers spell not as meaninfull unless it is written by the caster. If you truely care about more then making a buck then i suggest taking outsiders suggestions to heart. If you feel like your being misrepresented then maybe thats a sign to give more honestly of your own thought heart and idea into showing what you want others to take away. Its your craft your passion the words will form being shared by the person thats passionate about their craft will speak louder then the words of another. If you take this as another attack on your character then think some more because you have drawn the wrong conclusion from my message

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                      There is a name for this. It's called plagiarism. It's not only immoral, but its also illegal. If you want to share what someone else has written, its not appropriate to share it without giving credit.
                      I may return to this subject in a day or two in my official capacity (waiting for opinions from other staff members) but speaking simply as someone who has been on the net for a while, I also have something to say here.

If you really want your site to last and accomplish something Illustrious then get out of the habit of plagiarism, right now. Current copyright laws are vindictive as hell. If you're using someone else's work then either become familiar with the Fair Use guidelines and operate well within them or get permission. If you manage to copy-paste the wrong stuff and a copyright holder chooses to be vindictive then you can find your site shut down in record time. Federal Law will not respond with mercy and kindness to "I sometimes forget to give credit." They'll order your webhost to shut down your site while the content owner decides whether or not it's profitable to sue you and if some DA is in a really foul mood then various fines may be thrown your way as an incentive to remember your legal responsibilities when using other people's work. Don't play around in this arena, don't make excuses not to fix the bad habit. Break the habit immediately and purge your site of anything that your right to use is even remotely in question.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

As a LaVeyan Satanist, I understand the concept of godhead. It's what we also strive to achieve. Some of us do so with ritual. Some of us, like myself have found other ways to do so. But I get it. Everyone is just on their own path. I'm sorry you started off on such a bumpy road. As you see my fellow forum members don't take well to bad first impressions. You might want to use The 11 Satanic rules of the Earth to help you navigate things a bit better. Sometimes it's not a matter of magic. It's a matter of manners.

Hope you stick it out. I like different opinions.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

First, welcome!

And then:

This may seem like I'm arguing both sides, but I'm gonna take a crack at it.

Rowanwood, on the plagiarism, I'll get to that. When it comes to explaining his path and being an instructor, I think I can see where he's coming from. Some people don't believe in labels, they're too confining, and when confronted with the need for them the first time, they can be resistant, and as he is one who seems to believe in becoming a god, that could be a little more difficult to label anyway.

Sometimes, it is much easier to talk about and teach practices than it is to discuss theology and philosophy. As an analogy, I might know how to ride a bike, and I plan to teach my daughter, but the physics behind it? Shrug. Couldn't care less. Magical practice can be the same way. That might not be the best approach, but there you are. You can know the how without knowing the why behind it. And you don't have to know the why to teach the how.

Also, he says he's not sure where to begin, not that he can't do it. And another thing, he seems to believe in always learning. That while we are in this life we can always improve ourselves, which means there is a certain level of uncertainty inherent in his belief system. Whether or not that means he'd make a good teacher is definitely debatable, but either way, I wouldn't say it's a good basis for condemnation yet.

On plagiarism, on the pages of the site that I've found with any real content (they were few and far between) I have seen notes at the bottom giving credit. (It is possible these have been put in in the last few hours, but I can't know that, so I'm going with the fact that they are there.) It may not be proper citation, but it's something, saying the content isn't directly from him.

Illustrious, you say you don't charge unless someone is willing to pay, but you website vary clearly has a price for access to content. $200 and $300 for a class (which is quite high from what I recall of wondering the webs), up to $3000 for some spellwork? That's a pretty steep pay scale. Are you saying that if anyone asked, you would give them the information for free? Because your website doesn't say so.

Beyond that, your site is difficult to navigate and not very well put together. There are links that go to pages with next to nothing on them, broken links, things that look like they should be links but aren't. There is a large lack of any real information. I get the feeling it's just starting off and you really need to fill it in.

I hope you can find a nook or cranny to fit into on our site. I will say this, we are a varied group. In general, we are a very accepting one. What we will not accept is someone coming in here and saying their way is the way, or even just the best way. Most of us have had more than enough of that in our life and we won't tolerate it here. Bloated ego's don't have a place. I get the feeling that a lot of us are picking up a feeling that you may go in that direction and that is definitely working against you. So, tone it down a little. Be yourself, but don't expect agreement or acceptance of everything you believe or say. Here, you aren't the top dog, you're just one of the pack. If you're alright with that, we'll probably be alright with you in the long run.
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

You have a goal, and you have your methods. I respect that.

Welcome to the forum.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I sometimes forget to include the link to where I got the material. The selection you referenced did include where the material was found at the end of the article.

Then I ask again, money or not, how are you a teacher if you can't even explain what you believe in concise terms? I'm quite bewildered by this.

Well, I tend to shy away from the word "belief." I think of that which I have acquired over the last 10 years as an objective awareness through experience. Although one's reality is determined by their perception thereof, there remains objective Universal Laws, such as law and gravity, that cannot be disputed. I have discovered "magical formulas" that can be given to other people and used to replicate a reproducible effect.

The following quote succinctly summarizes my feelings regarding belief:

Originally posted by Evoking Eternity - E.A. Koetting

There is a great divide, a grand division between those things which are held in faith, and those things which are known. With ritual and Magick, you have taken the ephemeral faith or hope for some sort of alteration in reality and have instead done something with it, have acted upon the universe to transform that which was once hoped for into that which is now known.

I have grown up with the idea that belief is toxic. The most extreme examples of this are radical Islamists, for instance, who will kill people and themselves at once with a bomb strapped to their chest, people they don't even know, in the name of a God who is supposedly going to grant them 100 virgins in Heaven, or wherever they are going. They believe this to the very core of their being. People are encouraged by their religion, by congregates of their church to have exceptional & strong faith. I have seen that Christians for example, no matter what is thrown at them, they will find a way to make it fit in to their rigid belief system. Like taking a puzzle piece that doesn't fit, and shaving off all the outer ridges to MAKE IT FIT.

So instead of beliefs, I preferred to think of everything originally as ideas. Ideas can be changed, updated, edited, whenever something more logical & rational comes along! An idea doesn't have to be set in stone. And with these ideas, I tested them, and thus gained what I call a comfortable awareness. A knowing through experience that the world is more than it seems. Experience of spirits, experience of magick, and etc.

I am not speaking against anyone or any belief systems here, I hope I am not misunderstood! I just think that it's possible to gain awareness of objective magical reality, that such an objective reality exists and can be known!

As an example, at once point I was a member of an interfaith coven. We had an initiation training program where we taught the basics of Wiccan influenced grey magic, magical ethics and energy work. We spent innumerable hours crafting lesson plans, exercises and learning opportunities. We made lists of our reference materials and created reading lists. As an eclectic, interfaith pagan group, we did not enforce a belief system but carefully explained our own and helped our students find the right path for them. The detail was incredible. It was also done in a traditional fashion, ala Gerald Gardener and written by hand in grimoires we made custom for each student.

And all this was offline, private only and 100% free. We would never even have considered asking for money. The only time money was involved was at group gatherings where we would rent a campsite or something similar and you'd pay your $10 but only if you were sleeping there.

For most people, education is completely free. However, I advertise my site on place such as Craigslist, and etc. People coming through these channels who are looking to pay for information and teaching that they feel is worth the money, these people are my paying customers.

People I meet on magick forums such as this and request teaching are given free education.

I am also constantly updating the Resource section of the Black Temple which contains lots of free information. Some of which I have found elsewhere and have copied and pasted. I am going to scour through all the information and make sure credit is given where it is due.

So I look at the site you've put together, where you admit to plagiarism and have little else by way of resources, and see that you are soliciting money to train people, but you can't even tell me what you believe?

You'll have to forgive me, but that makes all my warning bells go off.

I hope this properly explains everything!

- - - Updated - - -

I am a lot happier than I was when I first got here. Seems there's some really great people here and I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody, and for everybody to getting to know me!

Comment

Working...
                              X