X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack the Ripper Unmasked?

Check this out!

A shawl found by the body of Catherine Eddowes, one of the Ripper’s victims, has been analysed and found to contain DNA from her as well as the killer.

Re: Jack the Ripper Unmasked?

Well its about time, we should dig him up and put him on trial.
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I'd be somewhat skeptical, because this wasn't published in a peer reviewed journal. It's promising, but I wouldn't go say "yep, we know who it is."

It's not that I want to be a snob, but the dude chose the Daily Mail as his outlet. Peer reviewed journals at least have to face critique regarding their methods and data. The Daily Mail just wants clicks.

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

I'm not sure how I feel about this, to be honest. Okay, so yeah, it's pretty awesome that through modern science, they've been able to discern his identity, but ... There's this part of me that's sort of disappointed. Gone is the mystery behind it all, the ghost story of it, if you will.

Comment

I am so excited when I read this news. Seriously! I can't wait for all the new docs on this dude. You know it's coming.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Maybe it's my recent obsession with watching movies, but perhaps if this does turn out to be actually true and not just another dead end, maybe we'll get a historically accurate film out of it all. I can sort of even see how I'd love for it to end, with Scotland Yard walking away in bewilderment while the real killer is shown watching and laughing. Cut to one of those post-credit-yet-pre-ending things that Marvel's been so famous for lately, and they show the killer being dragged off and thrown into the asylum.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                I'm not sure how I feel about this, to be honest. Okay, so yeah, it's pretty awesome that through modern science, they've been able to discern his identity, but ... There's this part of me that's sort of disappointed. Gone is the mystery behind it all, the ghost story of it, if you will.
                Yeah. If its true the ghost story is over i would be interested in seeing a documentry about him. I have the movie from hell havent watched it. I cant watch rape being portrayed it disturbs me. Off topic sorry.

Jack the ripper has always been a mystery its odd seeing a face to go with the legend. I wonder what his lifevstory will be about

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
                  I have the movie from hell havent watched it.
                  I've seen the movie a number of times. I've found it to be quite good, obviously. (There are no rape scenes in it, at all)

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                    I've seen the movie a number of times. I've found it to be quite good, obviously. (There are no rape scenes in it, at all)
                    I will have to watch it again i remember turning it off before i saw that. I watched very little of the begining

Comment

So many problems with this theory, where to begin. Firstly, the attribution of the shawl. Okay, it may be the victim's, and the blood may also be the victim's. But how did it come into a private collection in the first place (before this bloke bought it.) Secondly, the presence of semen. The victim was a prostitute - the semen may belong to someone she had sex with, but it doesn't prove he was the one who murdered her.

And that's just for starters...
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                        So many problems with this theory, where to begin. Firstly, the attribution of the shawl. Okay, it may be the victim's, and the blood may also be the victim's. But how did it come into a private collection in the first place (before this bloke bought it.) Secondly, the presence of semen. The victim was a prostitute - the semen may belong to someone she had sex with, but it doesn't prove he was the one who murdered her.

And that's just for starters...
                        Yep. Ultimately, the evidence wouldn't hold up in a modern court. Time and shoddy Victorian methods of collecting and keeping evidence stand in the way.

It's a compelling argument, but we can't say it's conclusive.

Comment

Even if it did prove who the killer actually was the legend of Jack and all the rippers who followed, or preceded, would not vanish or change in the psyche. Each ripper getting one more than their predecessor before they to vanish off the world stage The possibility that Jack's reign may have actually started in America as the style and victims were identical supposedly. Even the relationship to Jill the Ripper and how the legend crossed in that regard.

Of course where it was published and no peer review of results or controls is not going to aid the stories acceptance.

Seldom does urban legend and myth bend before the reality of fact. Jack is an urban legend and myth and touches something deep within and I do not think truth would ever change that.
                          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                          X