This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking help in defining my path

I was raised very eclectically but predominately in a Christian home, however I have really started focusing on my spirituality over the last year or so and I have found myself a bit stuck. I'm working to define what my practice is an isn't but I'm not sure if there is really any clearly defined/standardized system of belief that I follow. I've been told that it really isn't 'necessary' but I feel having a framework does help with focus.

I find inspiration in a large variety of texts and I have noticed an affinity more towards nature based faiths. I do very much like many of the aspects of Daoism and am currently pursuing a Master's degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. However, I feel daoism, and many eastern philosophies a bit too 'accepting of your lot in life' and find even this very contradictory towards the observations of human nature as we tend to desire more as well as a sense of control.

I believe in a sense of divinity as well as energy in all things; a bit pantheistic in that regards. I'm a bit on the fence about it but I feel that there are separate entities/spirits/aspects that one can commune with just not in a clearly defined pantheon or any real concept of Deity besides a cosmic whole of sorts.

I enjoy a lot of the symbolism in Celtic/Druidic & Wiccan traditions; I've recently started celebrating the Sabbats and I also find a lot of its framing for magical practice hits home. I forget the name of the particular sect of Wicca that focuses of Gnosis, communing with the higher self and self transformation/self actualization.. but I know aspects of Druidry tends to focuses on some of that.

A bit of a mouth full and I'm probably missing something..but I think this is a good starting point..the process of just organizing my thoughts to post this I think has helped considerably as well. But any thoughts, advice, avenues of research, etc would greatly be welcome.

Re: Seeking help in defining my path

The druids offer classes of their teachings if thats the sort of frame work you are looking for. I would research all and any that appeals to you. Chakra work hits on points you mentioned. I follow my own mixed up path but it feels correct for me. I like learning all the wisdoms life has to offer. Witchcraft has alot of frame work. I believe in energies but my goddesses our very real for me. I hope this is helpful I am rather sleepy so I could of misunderstood.

The question to ask yourself what do you gain by having frame work why is it necessary?

Comment

Perhaps a combination of Celtic paganism, Shamanism and Wicca will give you what you are searching for. You seem to be interested in some of them.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
        The druids offer classes of their teachings if thats the sort of frame work you are looking for. I would research all and any that appeals to you. Chakra work hits on points you mentioned. I follow my own mixed up path but it feels correct for me. I like learning all the wisdoms life has to offer. Witchcraft has alot of frame work. I believe in energies but my goddesses our very real for me. I hope this is helpful I am rather sleepy so I could of misunderstood.

The question to ask yourself what do you gain by having frame work why is it necessary?
        Thanks for the reply.

And don't worry about it, you were helpful! I've done some research on Chakra work, mostly meditative, color, and sound therapies (binaural beats) in relation to it. but would love any pointers for those who do practice Chakra work or even recommend books for further research. I have heard of the OBODs I assume this is what you are talking about with the druidic classes? Does anyone have any experience with them?

For me, having a framework to work with, even if it winds up being predominately of my own construction, is there to help strengthen my ties to it..While intuition is a huge part of my spiritual practice the use of logic and structure is very important to me. For me framework is the foundation of practice, from there you can often extrapolate and build from it in a more intuitive manner.

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        Perhaps a combination of Celtic paganism, Shamanism and Wicca will give you what you are searching for. You seem to be interested in some of them.
        Thanks for your reply as well Gleb!

You're right it does seem to be a bit of a mash up from all that you've listed. So those traditions will be a good spring board to start from/continue with. Looks like it will just be a process of figuring out what works and doesn't for me, thanks again you two.
        Last edited by okoserce; 12 Sep 2014, 10:33.

Comment

Druids courses someone here is taking courses this link discusses OBOD
          Has anyone here done the first level of the Order of Bards, Ovates & Druids training course? druidry.org I would like to get your opinion of it before I invest time, energy and money. I know I can the get their intro sampler course, but thought I'd solicit some advice before even doing that. I feel drawn to the Druid path,

I cant for the life me find it. I read something somewhere talkingmed about truely opening your 6th and 7th chakras is a long road and once accomplished you are able to connect with your higher self. For celtic, wicca, druidry (not well versed with shamanism) have framework you can built upon.

Meditate practice and repeat. Your innerself will guide you. For me mediation is deeper then calming your mind and reducing stress. I really wish i could recall the article.

Comment

Working...
          X