Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas on celebrating the autumn equinox, NOT MABON.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas on celebrating the autumn equinox, NOT MABON.

Yoooo so I'd really like to celebrate the autumn equinox, but not as Mabon as I have no connections to Wicca. Unfortunately most attempts to look for, i guess secular ways to celebrate the coming of fall have been fruitless, and just turn up more Mabon stuff (give thanks to the Goddess/God ect).
    So is there anyone here who celebrates it as just the coming of fall and not Mabon? What kind of things do you like to do? I'd like to hear about it.

Re: Any ideas on celebrating the autumn equinox, NOT MABON.

Although it isn't Fall here, I used to celebrate the coming of the season by creating a seasonal altar - decorating it with Fall-inspired colours and objects such as fallen leaves, etc. That, and simply being out in Nature - experiencing the season.

What are you looking to 'do' actually? "Celebrate" can mean many things. Do you want ritual ideas, party ideas, personal connection ideas, etc.?

Comment

As my wife is not a Pagan, Ill toss up some examples of wed hat weve done to celebrate in the past.

Spend the day outdoors, go for a hike, or just go somewhere that you can sit and really absorb all the change. After that I Like going to local farmers markets buying fresh fall harvest crops and making a delicious meal. Last year was butternut squash soup, sauteed yellow squash, a roasted chicken, and pumpkin bread for dessert.

If you dont feel connected at the end of the day, you atleast feel fat and happy.

Comment

We tend to celebrate Pomonalia (interestingly, there's a modern Roman inspired duotheist Paganism that worships Pomona and Vertumnus) on this date (a bit earlier from the historical date of celebration--Nov. 1, but more suited to our climate). Specifically we celebrate it as the Apple Harvest and the kids like this (very short "story") bit about Pomona. But really, this is one of those holidays that we've not really settled into too much...along with the Spring equinox and Lammas.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miss_mc View Post
          Yoooo so I'd really like to celebrate the autumn equinox, but not as Mabon as I have no connections to Wicca. Unfortunately most attempts to look for, i guess secular ways to celebrate the coming of fall have been fruitless, and just turn up more Mabon stuff (give thanks to the Goddess/God ect).
          So is there anyone here who celebrates it as just the coming of fall and not Mabon? What kind of things do you like to do? I'd like to hear about it.
          I do a ritual for Sunna at dawn and Mani at dusk. Since it's one of the days of the year that the night and day are balanced. You could just do a general sun/moon ritual.

Comment

I'm personally not big on ritual, but I'm huge on social stuff and feasting. I'm private about my beliefs, but most of my close friends know what I believe and I make a small dinner for a few people.

Comment

Working...
            X