This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking Down

Posted on another forum I frequent. I'm beginning to think all the knowledge I have acquired over god knows how long now, is actually nothing.

That I am nothing, I am nowhere. I don't know where to start, where I'll end.

I'm homeless, I have been for years. I used to be a heroin addict. Honestly, not in a much better state now, as I'm still completely dependent upon opiates to function. Albeit now that I am in the "Methadone maintenance program" I am still, for all intents and purposes, a drug addict.

I haven't had any friends in years now. And it's like, every "personality" or whatever I've attempted to portray, because I myself am completely anti-social and feel so awkward socially that nobody would ever be interested in being my friend, and being completely obsessed with spirituality and finding out what life is all about doesn't help that. I basically have no interest in meeting people, yet, I as a human being require love and comforting relationships and all that shit, but I don't want to bother to meet people. And when I do, nobody shows any interest in actually getting to know me, so it's not long before I stop bothering to hang with them at all.

I'm very sad right now. Having to accept that in all this time, I've really learned nothing, and this obsession with spirituality, to the point that I have no interest in having a job, or whatever the hell else, because ALL I want is to be able to Astral Project, meet spirits, and learn from somebody, and gain real power. So I can then use that power to build a personal empire. I don't want to follow Pagan ideals and worship the seasons, or some God or Goddess, I want to BE the God and shape my reality. And I know this is possible, because this, as far as I have learned, is what black magick is all about, and THAT is what I want. HOW DO I GET THERE?

This is really starting to bother me now.

Every time I perform a sigil working. For whatever reason, I either cannot relax my eyes enough, or can't figure out how this "gaze" is supposed to work. As my eyes CONSTANTLY move in and out of focus, go cross-eyed, etc. Due to this constantly shifting gaze, I never feel as if I have, or can, fully charge a sigil, as I can't look at it for more than a few seconds before my eyes change focus. Moving around the image, going cross-eyed.

Long story short, I CAN'T hold a steady gaze.

The more and more I learn about spirituality and the occult, the more I am realizing I am a complete and utter nobody, that I really can't do anything yet, and that I know NOTHING.

Like it's no wonder I can't Astral Project, I can't even do simple basics. And after all this time trying to learn myself, and seeing other people able to pick up on this stuff by themselves, I am starting to realize this just isn't working for me.

I need to find a real mentor, somebody who can tell me where I should be starting, what basics I need to learn. As I basically just start reading about whatever, practicing whatever, in the hopes it's going to ultimately help me figure out where I'm supposed to be going with this.

I really have no idea, and the overwhelm of all of it is bringing me down more and more and more.

An honest assessment here:
    - Completely and utterly failed at evocation, can't produce any visual phenomena of any kind.
    - Can't even meditate. I cannot relax my body or mind even enough to hold a steady thought upon my Ajna chakra, or any other chakra for that matter.
    For example: I try Ajna and other chakra work every night in hopes one day I'll finally be able to leave my body, however, what actually happens is before I can even get halfway through a visualization (which is incredibly hard for me because my mind WILL NOT keep still) - My mind will wander, and I'll just be thinking about whatever else, until it actually clicks that my mind has wandered. Then I'll start focusing on whatever again, and the same thing happens. Over and over until I give up in frustration or either fall asleep. I'll wake up, try again, fall asleep again. This happens nightly.
    - in Sigil workings in attempt to remove obstacles, gain wealth, anything, I can't hold my gaze for more than 3 seconds without my eyes shifting focus. My body twitches, can't hold still.
    - Same as above with candle magick, can't hold gaze on flame without eyes shifting focus.

These are the only practical things I've attempted. I tried a 3 day possession pact with Azazel, hoping he could kickstart my learning. I couldn't tell at all if it worked, but I did get the idea that not only what I had ultimately imagined where I'd be was basically pathetic compared to what Azazel thinks I COULD have, COULD BE.

That, and I'm basically nowhere, have learned nothing, and am not even at the level of "Neophyte" That all this time I haven't even moved from the first square, that I have no direction, no idea where I should be going or what I should be doing, and that it is IMPERATIVE that I find somebody who can help me.
    Now what? I fully expect to be berated here, personally attacked as I have seen to be the case already here. I wanted to feel like all the time I spent hasn't been worthless, that I might be valuable in some way. But no, I'm not, I have no value to anybody here.

Can I get some actual guidance? Can SOMEBODY point me to what I should be doing to finally start moving in a direction I WANT to be moving in?

Re: Breaking Down

Errr, can't tell if its a pity play or you really need help. Anyways, my advice for direction? Stop trying to build a personal empire by tapping into unseen powers. Its not very likely to happen, theres a reason nobody else has (proven) done it.
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I had also wondered at the "Pity play" aspect. Think a bit about how you first came across on the forum here. becoming aware of spiritual connection really must begin with loss of ego.
      This is not "My" interpretation,in many belief systems it is a basic tenet . As in "One must lose oneself to find your true self"

From your initial posts here I don't know if this new post is an attempt to shift how people see you,but time is the only real test of your intent.

- - - Updated - - -

As an addition perhaps you might understand this "How could a person control a spirit if they could not control themselves?"
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

For what it is worth, I don't think you are playing. I am not sure how much you will gain from cyber-cyphers on the internet, though. It seems that you need real world support and assistance, perhaps of a nature you do not wish to share, and you don't have to; however, unless I am way off the mark, I encourage you to find real world support and assistance. Set your pride aside, it is a heavy mother to carry around anyway, and don't try to "be" anything in particular except your true self, be honest about your needs -- not your fantasies, but your true needs. Seek that. Seek it in the real world, not the internet. If some one is an ass, don't waste your energy on them. Most people are not asses, so just move on and find the support you need. Also understand that trust may not be instant -- if you spent years burning bridges, don't expect them to be back up in a day. Have no doubt, though, that putting the bridges back up is a magical operation.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I'm not playing, I just poured out my heart and soul. I am, and always have been, a solitary person, so for the most part I really don't care what people think of me. I'm 100% certain that given time it will be obvious that this is not a play/attempt to shift how I am seen.

I just came out of a 3-day possession pact with Azazel. And be tore down (for my benefit) the walls I had built, my ego, and everything that has been preventing me from making real progress. And no shit, thinking I knew shit when I actually didn't certainly wasn't helping. I've realized I need to experience something before I can say I know anything about it.

I've tried talking to psychologists and stuff before, back when I was extremely depressed, however that was entirely unhelpful.

I've seen many with a personal empire & success with the occult and black magick, I KNOW it is possible, and the connection I AM capable of creating with spirits as I am inherently empathic as I discovered at age 13, and by extension, somewhat telepathic. My own familiar speaks to me telepathically sometimes in words, and sometimes it's just like, a sudden "knowing." He sends an idea or whatever, and I just "know" what he's trying to tell me. And he tells me very clearly that there IS light at the end of the tunnel, and all this effort will be worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

I can control myself, I'm not an all out junkie anymore who has to find any way possible to make money every day. I live a somewhat normal life, albeit living in a tent. I go to libraries, read books, watch movies, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Illustrious View Post
            I've seen many with a personal empire & success with the occult and black magick
            Can you cite any sources? At all?
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I do read some contradictions in your writing,but it is not my concern as to your true path. If you truly wish to progress on a path,then you need to take a hard look at who you truly are.

I add this little tale of an encounter with a person who was very angry because they studied the Sufi path for a very long time,and had not acquired the power they had expected.

the problem was they did not really understand what power actually was,they only understood power in the material world.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Posted on another forum I frequent. I'm beginning to think all the knowledge I have acquired over god knows how long now, is actually nothing.

That I am nothing, I am nowhere. I don't know where to start, where I'll end.

I'm homeless, I have been for years. I used to be a heroin addict. Honestly, not in a much better state now, as I'm still completely dependent upon opiates to function. Albeit now that I am in the "Methadone maintenance program" I am still, for all intents and purposes, a drug addict.

I haven't had any friends in years now. And it's like, every "personality" or whatever I've attempted to portray, because I myself am completely anti-social and feel so awkward socially that nobody would ever be interested in being my friend, and being completely obsessed with spirituality and finding out what life is all about doesn't help that. I basically have no interest in meeting people, yet, I as a human being require love and comforting relationships and all that shit, but I don't want to bother to meet people. And when I do, nobody shows any interest in actually getting to know me, so it's not long before I stop bothering to hang with them at all.

I'm very sad right now. Having to accept that in all this time, I've really learned nothing, and this obsession with spirituality, to the point that I have no interest in having a job, or whatever the hell else, because ALL I want is to be able to Astral Project, meet spirits, and learn from somebody, and gain real power. So I can then use that power to build a personal empire. I don't want to follow Pagan ideals and worship the seasons, or some God or Goddess, I want to BE the God and shape my reality. And I know this is possible, because this, as far as I have learned, is what black magick is all about, and THAT is what I want. HOW DO I GET THERE?

Now what? I fully expect to be berated here, personally attacked as I have seen to be the case already here. I wanted to feel like all the time I spent hasn't been worthless, that I might be valuable in some way. But no, I'm not, I have no value to anybody here.

Can I get some actual guidance? Can SOMEBODY point me to what I should be doing to finally start moving in a direction I WANT to be moving in?
                Well from what I learned practice is everything , even through history no shaman , witch or occultist , Buddhist , or zen master have never been young and gained fame or ability , ability grows with practice and age and Patiance . You are asking for guidance on something u don't need guidance on you are your guide u shape your ability , sure u can have someone show u how to ride a bike but u ain't gonna know how to ride it unless u get on it and practice. And this is just my opinion , mind altering drugs like heroine and math aren't really compatible with witchcraft or black magic cause it requires concentration , finding peace will also help , I'd suggest finding a job and purchasing an apartment cause that will also help u in your journey .
                Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

I'm very sad right now. Having to accept that in all this time, I've really learned nothing, and this obsession with spirituality, to the point that I have no interest in having a job, or whatever the hell else, because ALL I want is to be able to Astral Project, meet spirits, and learn from somebody, and gain real power. So I can then use that power to build a personal empire. I don't want to follow Pagan ideals and worship the seasons, or some God or Goddess, I want to BE the God and shape my reality. And I know this is possible, because this, as far as I have learned, is what black magick is all about, and THAT is what I want. HOW DO I GET THERE?..
                  Curious, if any of us were as singularly and powerful as your trying to be why do you think any of us would give you such information? It first assumes that any of us here hold the same singular all powerful perspective you are appearing to be embracing that we would be willing to give our power and strength to you. If one were that singular focused and powerful they sure wouldn't be passing it to a stranger on the net, nor would they be passing it in such an open forum which would reveal a weakness to them. You seem to be approaching this in a Star Wars Lord of the Sith fantasy mentality. It also seems to suggest you have no true idea of what power is or the employment of it.

As to value to any of us here or to your own self only you can answer that to be truthful. You are not of value to me in that I do not seek to hold power or position over you thus you have no physical value to me in that sense. On a spiritual level I can't say you hold value to me beyond being human and treating you as such and how I would treat others and be treated myself. But that doesn't mean I have to open my trunk and reveal to you or give to you what lies within to hold you of value.

Motivation, self worth, self respect and a sense of self all have to come from within for they can not be given from without. That's all shadow work and anima / animus type psychological discovery. That's the power and spirit of the self and to me the foundation force of all spiritual strengths or weaknesses.
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Very well put Monsno_leedra.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I don't even know what to say. I just don't understand how in one breath someone can claim to know enough to teach people how to become a god and in the next breath tell me they are a homeless methadone addict who thinks that someone on this forum is going to give him a spell to create an empire of evil out of dust.

Are we being punked?

Or are you really so confused, so damaged by your drug use that you think this is logical? Or is that even real? From earlier posts and your website, you sound as if you couldn't be over 20 years old, you use the language a young person would use and then tell us you've been a decades long addict. Started shooting up at 6?

I hate to just call someone a liar, but I just cannot wrap my head around any of this.

Why don't you just be who you are without drama and hyperbole? If you are actually sad and without friends, how do you expect to make them when it's impossible to believe what you are saying with all the contradictions? Be honest and maybe, just maybe YOU might learn something.

Most people who post here are nearly infinitely patient. Having joined the pagan community in 1996-97, I have heard (and asked) the same questions over and over again. And I am always amazed by how gracious the answers are on PaganForum (the rest of pagan community is not always so understanding), no matter how many times its the same. This forum is absolutely full of forgiving and reasonable people who accept a huge variety of belief systems and religions as well as personal quirks and failings. They are good people, and you're just feeding everyone a load of crap.

Just tell the damn truth, please.

Comment

Rowan,I do wonder what is truth in this matter. As you pointed out the contradictions and at times a bit delusional things that have been written here. I do hope that this person can understand just how understanding we can be,and compassionate as well. But for people here to react this way,truth must be met with truth...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                          I don't even know what to say. I just don't understand how in one breath someone can claim to know enough to teach people how to become a god and in the next breath tell me they are a homeless methadone addict who thinks that someone on this forum is going to give him a spell to create an empire of evil out of dust.

Are we being punked?

Or are you really so confused, so damaged by your drug use that you think this is logical? Or is that even real? From earlier posts and your website, you sound as if you couldn't be over 20 years old, you use the language a young person would use and then tell us you've been a decades long addict. Started shooting up at 6?

I hate to just call someone a liar, but I just cannot wrap my head around any of this.

Why don't you just be who you are without drama and hyperbole? If you are actually sad and without friends, how do you expect to make them when it's impossible to believe what you are saying with all the contradictions? Be honest and maybe, just maybe YOU might learn something.

Most people who post here are nearly infinitely patient. Having joined the pagan community in 1996-97, I have heard (and asked) the same questions over and over again. And I am always amazed by how gracious the answers are on PaganForum (the rest of pagan community is not always so understanding), no matter how many times its the same. This forum is absolutely full of forgiving and reasonable people who accept a huge variety of belief systems and religions as well as personal quirks and failings. They are good people, and you're just feeding everyone a load of crap.

Just tell the damn truth, please.
                          This times eight, plus one. Couldn't agree more. Tell us whats going on for real.
                          sigpic
                          In Days of yore,
                          From Britain's shore
                          On Canada's fair domain.
                          Here may it wave,
                          Our boast, our pride
                          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I suggest you get your head out of the spiritual game for a bit. Stop trying to learn 'unseen knowledge'. I suggest you get focused on getting completely clean off drugs...even maintenance ones. Focus on the world you see now in front of you. I realize you probably want to focus on something else. Something better. Something with sparkle that makes you mean something. That makes you matter.

Cookie, you don't. Not now. Not in your state. But you can. First, get your head out of your ass and stop acting like Bobby Hill when he found that Wican coven. No one is going to care about you in this world. No one is going to care if you find 'deity' or 'magic'. But YOU have to care. Because you are the only one you have. Take care of it and in my humble opinion, stop fucking lying to yourself about who you are. You are neither some all mighty magician with power nor the lowliest of creatures. You are a human being. Complex and flawed and wonderful. But seriously. Get your shit together. None of us can do it for you.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              But seriously. Get your shit together. None of us can do it for you.
                              This. Sound advice in almost any situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X