A little to open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A little to open?

I hear fluorescents. It's incredibly annoying, but I tune it out pretty well these days.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I can hear the electricity in my apartment,sometimes it is annoying. Over the years I have learned to kind of tune it out.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        I hear fluorescents. It's incredibly annoying, but I tune it out pretty well these days.
        Me too. I hear the fridge, the cd player if it's not off at the wall all sorts.

But then I struggle to hear other, nornal things. Like if I'm sitting in the back seat of a car, I cannot hear the conversation in front at all. Road noise maybe? No idea.
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
          Me too. I hear the fridge, the cd player if it's not off at the wall all sorts.
          Me too. Every time the power goes out I just revel in how quiet things get, when all the background whirring goes away. I've been told my mother used to do that too.
          (And now I feel like we're getting off topic.

Comment

With the autism (ASD), one of the best explanations to date is that the brains of those with ASD don't go through the same synaptic pruning as others - it is a necessary part of our development to weed out some connections and make others stronger - there are a few other things associated with it as well. (Most of my family suffers from ASD in one form or another).

When it comes to legitimacy of empathy, there have been a few studies. I'm glad someone brought up mirror neurons - which also are a crucial part of visual learning and mimicry. There's also the 'stare sense' - we tend to have a better then 50/50 chance to detect if someone or something is staring at us seemingly without external input.

There's probably a good chance that it might very well be pheromone based, which may go to explain the larger number of women empaths vs men.
            It is also not uncommon for empaths to suffer from other sensitivities and it might be this increased hyper-awareness that lends itself to what we think of as empathy/precognition/etc.

To be honest it is probably a combination of things..but to get back to the OP - I don't think it's weird, bizarre or reading to much into anything. There is a reason that instinct/intuition is there, something is triggering it. but even in the case of 'chasing shadows' it is generally better to err on the side of caution.

Comment

I actually dont know a whole lot about autism or the theories surrounding it. The closest Ive come to autism is psychotic parents who somehow get their children diagnosed with something minor like aspergers in order to collect social security. My boyfriend actually lived with a woman once who would put various drugs (benzodiazapenes, anti-depressants etc) in her kids meals to make them seem disabled so she could collect social sec. from the state. Of course, eventually they ended up with very real disabilities and never recovered. Its truly sick what ppl get away with doing to children.
              I did know a couple of genuinely disabled kids in school although I never knew their particular diagnoses. Everything Ive seen/read about true autism and other developmental disabilities of the sort leads me to believe that its a "spiritual" issue. I say "issue" because i dont think its always a problem. Sometimes autism is just a matter of being severely different from most ppl and most ppls idea of normal. Autism often means a very different perspective on most things and a generally unique world view. Maybe these ppl just get a different brand of energy in their soul makeup. Especially savants. Perhaps in savants that end up prodigies in music have or are channeling musical energy. The same could be said about math or art prodigies.
              When we think of deities we associate certain skills or aspects of nature with them. To me this has always been reflected in the behavior of savants and ppl with autism almost like the aura around them is made up of a less chaotic, pure type of energy. Its because of this that I think many of them posses extrasensory skills like empathy or pre/retro cognition or seem to be better at communicating with animals and nature. There is less chaos muddling their senses so they vibrate closer to the frequency of children who are naturally more sensitive to the mysteries of the universe.
              When I was younger I read a lot of Dean Koontz and he seems to have a similar opinion of autism. The characters in his book with autism are usually gifted with mild psychic powers. Dean Koontz is a smart man and I take to heart a lot of what he has to say about life so I think his outlook played a big part in the shaping of my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticklebits View Post
                I actually dont know a whole lot about autism or the theories surrounding it. The closest Ive come to autism is psychotic parents who somehow get their children diagnosed with something minor like aspergers in order to collect social security. My boyfriend actually lived with a woman once who would put various drugs (benzodiazapenes, anti-depressants etc) in her kids meals to make them seem disabled so she could collect social sec. from the state. Of course, eventually they ended up with very real disabilities and never recovered. Its truly sick what ppl get away with doing to children.
                I did know a couple of genuinely disabled kids in school although I never knew their particular diagnoses. Everything Ive seen/read about true autism and other developmental disabilities of the sort leads me to believe that its a "spiritual" issue. I say "issue" because i dont think its always a problem. Sometimes autism is just a matter of being severely different from most ppl and most ppls idea of normal. Autism often means a very different perspective on most things and a generally unique world view. Maybe these ppl just get a different brand of energy in their soul makeup. Especially savants. Perhaps in savants that end up prodigies in music have or are channeling musical energy. The same could be said about math or art prodigies.
                When we think of deities we associate certain skills or aspects of nature with them. To me this has always been reflected in the behavior of savants and ppl with autism almost like the aura around them is made up of a less chaotic, pure type of energy. Its because of this that I think many of them posses extrasensory skills like empathy or pre/retro cognition or seem to be better at communicating with animals and nature. There is less chaos muddling their senses so they vibrate closer to the frequency of children who are naturally more sensitive to the mysteries of the universe.
                When I was younger I read a lot of Dean Koontz and he seems to have a similar opinion of autism. The characters in his book with autism are usually gifted with mild psychic powers. Dean Koontz is a smart man and I take to heart a lot of what he has to say about life so I think his outlook played a big part in the shaping of my own.
                Thank you, Ticklebits! That's not only beautiful, but also a really interesting theory.
                And I meant the last part, not the part about the psychotic parents. However, I have to correct you on one thing: there is actually MORE chaos muddling the senses of autistic people. They lack the ability to tune out unwanted impressions from the outside world, which sometimes leads to overstimulation of the brain. And that eventually causes those infamous "meltdowns". But perhaps that is exactly what makes autistic people more sensitive to the energies that are out of other people's perception too.
                Last edited by Hagazusa; 26 Sep 2014, 09:47.

Comment

Well thanks! And yea, like I said I haven't spent much time with anyone genuinely autistic. Ive met a couple of guys that had been diagnosed with Aspergers for being weird and spastic but thats really not the same thing. I always thought Id do well working with disabled kids. Ive developed a bottomless well of patience being around highly academic ppl and I cant imagine mental disabilities trying my patience much more than my ex-neuroscience major boyfriend whose favorite thing to do was tell me why I was thinking or saying whatever I was thinking or saying. But based on the lack of patience and compassion I experienced and witnessed as a child in schools and everywhere else there should be more ppl capable of working with disabled kids/ppl or really just kids in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticklebits View Post
                    I like this... I hadn't thought of it quite like that before.

Comment

I do, it's not something you can control. You just live with it, let it flow through it, and hopefully master it in hopes to use it to your advantage. It can be a gift and a curse at the same time. But there is nothing you can do about it. Embrace it.

Comment

Working...
                      X