Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little to open?

Diving right into it ...
    I, and others, believe that I am an empath. And that I have a sort of ... Well not precognition, but close. I feel really odd or strongly in or around a significant event and I don't know why.
    example; I was about 15 years old riding in the front passenger seat, mother was driving and lil sis was in back seat behind me.
    my mother pulled off to the shoulder of a frequented road. Well, I started throwing a fit and whining about stopping and not wanting to stop, we should go. I have no idea Whe I was behaving like this. My mother is an artist and would stop to take pictures of things. In this case it was Mt. Rainer in Washington State. Mom just brushed me off but hesitated a little before stepping outside of the car. We were struck by a lady that was going 50mph from the rear drivers side. My mother never got out of the car but her seatbelt was undone and she got messed up bad. My sister and I were okay because our seat belts were still on.

One of a handful of experiences.

For the empath, the most recent was driving by a huge fire next to the interstate that I was exiting onto. I began sobbing hard and feeling very frightened. Once I was farther away, it subsided but still shook up.

again, just one example of many.

My question is does anyone else experience this? And if so, do you control it or just let it fly free?

Re: A little to open?

Hi. Fellow empath/precog here!

I've had similiar experiences my whole life, and especially these past few days.
    Allow me to explain:
    On April 22nd something bad happened at school, and it's had a harsh impact on my life. To make a long story hort, it ended with my group of friends falling appart. Now there are two camps. Right now I'm on the side of the supposed "victim", while my friends and the teachers are on the side of the "perpetrator". At first I was very upset by this. I just couldn't understand how it was possible that everyone sided with the "bad guy", while the "good guys" were left without any support! It was as if we were completely unimportant to them.

For 5 months I was an emotional wreck. I had seen the incident first hand and was actually traumatized by it. I was hurt, frightened, and agry. I felt that great injustice was done to the "victim" and myself. But now that I have recovered (at last), I'm starting to sense that something isn't right. Suddenly I've developed a disdain for the "victim" that becomes stronger with each passing day. At first I had no idea why. He hadn't done anything to deserve it. At least, not that I (conciously) knew of.
    Then last friday I was quietly sitting under a tree when suddely I had the thought; "-*Victim's Name*- is not as innocent as he appears to be." And I wasn't even thinking about the incident at the time.
    Over the weekend I've developed another feeling. Well, not really a "feeling". More like a "knowing". Namely the knowing that he had been relentlessly pestering the other guy before the incident happened. I didn't notice a thing at the time, but he could have easily done it behind my back. If it's true, then everything that has happened these past 5 months would make perfect sense.

I'm almost certain that I'm right. All I need to do now is prove it.

Sorry that this turned into such a rant, I just needed to get this off my chest. I can't share this info with anyone in real life. Not untill I've found out the truth. People would think I was crazy.

Anyway, this is my advice on precognition to you. If you ever have a feeling that is so powerfull, you just know it to be correct? DON'T IGNORE IT! Because if you do, you WILL regret it later.
    I'm following these feelings. And it hurts. Because if I'm right, then one of my friends has been lying to me for months, and my other friend was the one who was really done injustice. But If this turns out to be true, I promise you I will set things right.

Comment

I had alot of those feelings but nothing to validate them as to why. I say always go with your instinct.

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
        I say always go with your instinct.
        Well said in both previous posts. I feel that going along with instinct is better than trying to fight/control it. (Unless you are so wildly touched by things around you that you can't function, of course. Then it might be a good idea to try to gain control.)
        I always listen to those types of feelings and the thoughts they bring up. Something is obviously making you feel what you are feeling, something is up, something is wrong - better to listen and heed now than be sorry later.

I get feelings and ideas about people all the time. More often than not I turn out to be right. Someone I just met will feel "off" or creepy to me and later it turns out that person beats their spouse or something like that. Or I'm uncomfortable in a group and it turns out there are dishonesty/drama that doesn't involve me going on.
        But every now and then I'll get these ideas and it's like everything inside of me is telling me "RUN", as in get away form this person/place right now... That's when it's real important to listen.
        Last edited by Odahviing; 22 Sep 2014, 09:49. Reason: Additions again.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. It's nice to know that it's not a scary thing, mostly lol

Odah ~ Thats interesting about the group thing. I went to a pagan festival recently and it just seemed so wrong to be there. It was so odd and disheartening, I really wanted to stay! Hubs was picking up the vibes too. Don't know what it was, but it felt deeper than normal anxiety.

Comment

Yeah I wonder sometimes what that means. Like you say, at a festival or in a really large group like that. I wonder sometimes exactly what that feeling is trying to tell me when I'm in that situation. Its not like *everyone* at the festival is a bad person/wants to do harm/is dishonest and that's what makes us uncomfortable. (Well, maybe it is possible but I prefer to believe otherwise, haha...)

But concerning the empath thing, I kind of take that as a good trait in someone. Maybe not always pleasant but still positive. I think in this day and age we should be more worried about becoming jaded and careless than be worried about feeling too much...
            Last edited by Odahviing; 24 Sep 2014, 00:18.

Comment

Well I dont think there are any concrete explanations regarding precognition but when it comes to empathic abilities we're actually starting to understand it a little better. Neuroscientists just discovered mirror neurons in recent years (2006 I think) and they think they are responsible for a lot of what we describe as empathy. They call them mirror neurons because they actually cause the brain to mimic the emotional behavior of others. Theres not a whole lot of super reliable studies yet because the discovery is so new but it has caused the science community to take people more seriously who claim to be empaths. Perhaps empaths just have more mirror neurons or highly functioning mirror neurons. Theres a lot we dont know. The brain is the organ we know the least about (except for maybe the appendix lol) so from where we're standing the mysteries-and possibilities- are infinite.
              Ive always been an empath myself and I know it can be kind of a pain in the butt. My mom told me once that when I was really young I could tell when she was thirsty and I would bring her glasses of water when she'd get severely dehydrated. I can only assume now that it was because I was also feeling the effects of thirst. Being affected by the feelings and emotions of other people can be even worse. If Im in a busy place I usually visualize an impenetrable bubble around me that shields me from the emotions of strangers. People I share my life with I feel Im emotionally tied to. Our energy is deeply intertwined and the way I feel is largely dependent on how they are feeling. I think its because of this that empaths should be very careful about the kind of ppl we are around and for me at least I try to keep that number to a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticklebits View Post
                Well I dont think there are any concrete explanations regarding precognition but when it comes to empathic abilities we're actually starting to understand it a little better. Neuroscientists just discovered mirror neurons in recent years (2006 I think) and they think they are responsible for a lot of what we describe as empathy. They call them mirror neurons because they actually cause the brain to mimic the emotional behavior of others. Theres not a whole lot of super reliable studies yet because the discovery is so new but it has caused the science community to take people more seriously who claim to be empaths. Perhaps empaths just have more mirror neurons or highly functioning mirror neurons.
                I have to wonder though if this can explain empaths who feel the suffering even if they don't actually see it but are only nearby? Or when an empath will feel an animals pain? (Since our brain is hardwired to read human emotion and expression but not so much that of other species.) But I think you're right, science is getting closer to understanding.

(Later addition; Sorry if I come off as a sceptic to everything everyone has written so far... I kindof automatically start to expand everything I think about. Don't mean to come off as super questioning. )

Comment

I was actually wondering the same thing. My mom bought a sheep pelt from a friend of hers a long time ago and when she was feeling them she told her friend she didnt want a particular pelt because she got a bad feeling off of it. Evidently her friend then told her that that pelt had belonged to the only sheep she hadnt slaughtered herself and that the sheep had been hit by a car and died of its injuries.
                  I think a lot of empaths experience this sort of inexplicable emotional "reading" and it does make you wonder. Ultimately I woudnt be surprised if our brains were capable of this longer range sort of sensitivity. It could have something to do with the way the energy our bodies emit interacts with that of others or it could even be that some ppl possess a hint of a sort of sixth sense. For all we know there could be all manner of stimuli all around us that we are unable to detect simply because we lack some specific sense beyond the five we know of thats capable of doing so. Even if we cant know for sure its fun to think about the different possibilities and keep up with where our scientific understanding is taking us
                  Anyway, I think skepticism is healthy. I take most things I hear with a grain of salt if for no other reason than it encourages me to do my own thinking and researching.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticklebits View Post
                    Well I dont think there are any concrete explanations regarding precognition but when it comes to empathic abilities we're actually starting to understand it a little better. Neuroscientists just discovered mirror neurons in recent years (2006 I think) and they think they are responsible for a lot of what we describe as empathy. They call them mirror neurons because they actually cause the brain to mimic the emotional behavior of others. Theres not a whole lot of super reliable studies yet because the discovery is so new but it has caused the science community to take people more seriously who claim to be empaths. Perhaps empaths just have more mirror neurons or highly functioning mirror neurons. Theres a lot we dont know. The brain is the organ we know the least about (except for maybe the appendix lol) so from where we're standing the mysteries-and possibilities- are infinite.
                    Ive always been an empath myself and I know it can be kind of a pain in the butt. My mom told me once that when I was really young I could tell when she was thirsty and I would bring her glasses of water when she'd get severely dehydrated. I can only assume now that it was because I was also feeling the effects of thirst. Being affected by the feelings and emotions of other people can be even worse. If Im in a busy place I usually visualize an impenetrable bubble around me that shields me from the emotions of strangers. People I share my life with I feel Im emotionally tied to. Our energy is deeply intertwined and the way I feel is largely dependent on how they are feeling. I think its because of this that empaths should be very careful about the kind of ppl we are around and for me at least I try to keep that number to a minimum.
                    Some scientists also think that misfunctioning mirror neurons might be the cause of autism. Personally, I think that's way more believable then the Vaccination Theory. However, I happen to know a lot of autistic people, and I'm convinced that some of them are empaths. These people have told me about experiences that sound suspiciously like empathic abilities. And being around them a lot, I noticed that their overall behavior is very different from that of the other autistic people I know. So either way the Broken Mirror Neuron Theory is wrong, or empathy is far more complicated then we think.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
                    Last edited by Hagazusa; 24 Sep 2014, 10:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagazusa View Post
                      Some scientists also think that misfunctioning mirror neurons might be the cause of autism. Personally, I think that's way more believable then the Vaccination Theory. However, I happen to know a lot of autistic people, and I'm convinced that some of them are empaths. These people have told me about experiences that sound suspiciously like empathic abilities. And being around them a lot, I noticed that their overall behavior is very different from that of the other autistic people I know. So either way the Broken Mirror Neuron Theory is wrong, or empathy is far more complicated then we think.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
                      Interesting! I subbed for a couple of years as an assistant for special needs students. Also my best friend has three younger siblings with autism and a fourth with Aspergers.
                      From my personal (but admittedly limited) experience autists are the last people I would expect to be empaths... The ones I've gotten to know have been so busy decoding their own emotions they hardly noticed the people around them, even less acknowledge their emotions. One guy even told me about how he had been taught, and constantly has to remind himself, how to interpret other peoples facial expressions/body language - which seemed to me like a full time project for him.
                      Of course everyone is different and what is true about one person might not be true about another. So anyway I'd love to hear more about your experiences with empath autists.

Comment

Since the "vaccination theory" is absolutely, totally, completely, without any doubt, demonstrably, wrong, and proven to be the result of fraud, I'd say your odds of being right are reasonable.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Since when have humans ever been reasonable,when it is so easy to just go with "The sky is falling"?
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            Since when have humans ever been reasonable,when it is so easy to just go with "The sky is falling"?
                            Well said, sir. Or ma'am.

Originally posted by Odahviing View Post
                            Interesting! I subbed for a couple of years as an assistant for special needs students. Also my best friend has three younger siblings with autism and a fourth with Aspergers.
                            From my personal (but admittedly limited) experience autists are the last people I would expect to be empaths... The ones I've gotten to know have been so busy decoding their own emotions they hardly noticed the people around them, even less acknowledge their emotions. One guy even told me about how he had been taught, and constantly has to remind himself, how to interpret other peoples facial expressions/body language - which seemed to me like a full time project for him.
                            Of course everyone is different and what is true about one person might not be true about another. So anyway I'd love to hear more about your experiences with empath autists.
                            Hey, I was just as surprised as you are. But empaths are a very rare occurance among autistic people. And to be frank, maybe that's not such a bad thing. As you already stated, most autists inherintly have trouble with sorting through their own emotions. Imagine how it would be for them to sort through the emotions and energies of other people too! In my experience, most of those autists are forced to adopt clever coping strategies, or else they would just break down!

In contradiction to what we now about the "average autist", most empathic autists are actually quite good at "pretending". They push all those confusing impressions to the furthest corner of their mind and throw up a proverbal wall around themselves. Then they create a persona to present to themselves and the outside world. They do this because they otherwise can't deal with the things they experience. Often they seem to be kind of detached from reality. More so then other autists. Don't be mistaken, though. There's A LOT of activity going on within their minds. But when you gain their thrust, they will lower their protective walls, and you will be able to catch a glimpse of what's really going on in there. I had the pleasure of experiencing this before, and I consider myself priviledged

Comment

I have only met one person with auspergers (sp?). The rest of the austistic kids have fasinated me I wonder if their hearing is more fine tuned as well. One girl the floresent lights humming would drive her mad. She would rock and hum plugging her ears. If we turned off the lights she would be so happy. I never heard the noise. Off topic sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X