X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The moon in modern druid practice?

Hello everyone! Glad to be here.

Todays question isn't just informational, it's also for you personally. In my research of druidism/druidry, I've come to notice quite an emphasis on the sun, similar to the way Wicca places an emphasis on the moon. It's really made me wonder if the moon has a place in druid practice the way the sun does.

So, do you know of any druid groups, groves, or traditions that emphasize the moon just as much, or even more than the sun?

If you are a druid, what role does the moon play in your practice? Why does it play that role?
    Should the moon be a bigger part of druid practice today?

Thanks, hope to get some thoughtful replies!

Re: The moon in modern druid practice?

The only moon ritual I know of for certain was the Gaulish Druids misletoe harvest, which if I recall was held on the second or first moon of winter. I think the most important Lunar relationship early druids had were to use is as a central piece in their understanding of time and seasonal cycles.

I consider my path Druidic and to be honest I have yet to fully understand my relationship to the moon, though seeing I full moon certainly satifies something within.

Comment

http://www.paganachd.com/faq/druids.html#calldruids

I am not a druid but maybe this might be helpfull.

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post

I am not a druid but maybe this might be helpfull.
        Except that link is really about CR and not about Druidry (which as that link points out is not the same thing). To answer the OP, I think that would depend on what vein of Druidry you were practicing. To be fair I know next to nothing about ADF's teachings on the subject (they just didn't seem like a good fit for me so I didn't really do any extensive research on them), but I wouldn't call OBOD sun worshipers. I've not seen a focus so far in the course on the moon, but there is no reason you couldn't incorporate into your practice. OBOD is fairly flexible. There are Wiccan Druids in OBOD and I imagine they retain their focus on the moon.

Comment

Working...
        X