Religion gone wild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religion gone wild

I can not even believe this was not something done by the Onion,or funny or die,but it seems real..

http://www.thenewsnerd.com/local/bey...er-found-dead/

"Beyonce Worshipper Found Dead After Sacrificing Self To Singer"

Searching other news to make sure this is not a hoax.

This is all over the web,but can't find a main stream news site with it.

- - - Updated - - -

The comments section on this site worry me more than if this whole thing is just a joke.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Religion gone wild(and a bit WTF-ish)

Well, the only websites talking about this are hack "news" and Catholic sites, denouncing it. If someone ACTUALLY stabbed themselves to death claiming to have done it for Beyonce, don't you think some national news would have picked it up? I mean, they report when she changes her shirt. People killing themselves in her honor would be worth a sound bite.

Comment

Why I did a further search for at least one actual news site.(did not find one BTW)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I'm calling shenanigans on this "news" story. Until I see something from a reputable news source (are any of them really reputable anymore?), I believe it's a hoax.

If this story does turn out to be true, then I officially give up on the human race.

Comment

Ahh,I got to go with you on this Arella

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Arella View Post
            I'm calling shenanigans on this "news" story. Until I see something from a reputable news source (are any of them really reputable anymore?), I believe it's a hoax.

If this story does turn out to be true, then I officially give up on the human race.
            I agree. The mainstream news would be having a field day tmz would be all over it. Considering it happened in April Beyonce would make a public statement etc.....

Comment

One thing though,there is a church in San Francisco named the church of Coletrain,and I am not making this up.

http://www.coltranechurch.org/

also

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-st-john-...-san-francisco

"The Coltrane Church originated after the head pastor was inspired during a John Coltrane performance many years back. It is a fairly traditional Christian church with a sprinkling of African and Catholic influences."

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Well heres there website

http://national-church-of-bey.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
                  It's a Tumblr blog. I have one of those. I post pictures of hot dudes from video games. I could call it the Church of Meat but that doesn't make it real or a church.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                    It's a Tumblr blog. I have one of those. I post pictures of hot dudes from video games. I could call it the Church of Meat but that doesn't make it real or a church.
                    oh I know I just find this amusing

We are very disappointed in the failure of the public to recognize the existence of a divine Deity walking among them. Deity’s often walk the Earth in their flesh form. Beyonce will transcend back to the spirit once her work here on Mother Earth has been completed.*
                    As our congregation continues to swell, we ask that you consider what is more real; an invisible spirit on high, or a walking, talking, breathing Goddess who shows you her true form daily. Beyonce’s spirit is entrancing. We know that she was sent to this place to spread love, peace, and joy. While we do not believe Beyonce to be the Creator, we recognize that she still sits among the throne of Gods. There is a lot of false information being spread about our beliefs, but we will correct all of the vicious lie-tellers. *As Beyonce spreads her gospel through song and dance, her message *provides uplifting, loving, and many times real-life happenings. We humbly ask you to respect our beliefs, just as you want those to respect yours. Open your mind to new possibilities and you will see, just as we did, that Bey is a true higher power. Surfbort!
                    I believe its all nonsense but its amusing I shared the link to their "church" for giggles

Comment

Concerning that statement you posted from that website, loststarshine. I have an open mind (like the statement says to), but if I open it too much, my brain will spill out. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to peoples' beliefs, but I'll still call bull**** when those beliefs are just beyond the stupid. If the person who typed that really believes it, well...we have institutions for people like that.

Comment

Re: Religion gone wild

I don't see it as fundamentally any sillier than worshiping a cat, a tree, a dead relative, a statue, or a Jewish carpenter. You can find divinity anywhere you look for it, seriously.

There is undoubtedly a tribe in the south pacific that worships Prince Phillip. People have worshiped exceptional people since forever, it hasn't stopped and isn't going to anytime soon.
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Re: Religion gone wild

Originally posted by Arella View Post
                          Concerning that statement you posted from that website, loststarshine. I have an open mind (like the statement says to), but if I open it too much, my brain will spill out. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to peoples' beliefs, but I'll still call bull**** when those beliefs are just beyond the stupid. If the person who typed that really believes it, well...we have institutions for people like that.
                          Very true. I call bs on it but I would read this beyble? just for laughs Beyonce spreads her gospel through her song in dance. I just find the concept of alll the celebs Beyonce has a "church" I cant take it seriously. I hope the writer of the site is admitting this to be funny if they are seriously devout to this well thats just wow to me.

Yeah to some worshipping the earth makes no sense. To each their own.

Comment

Working...
                          X