Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcement! choosing thread titles on the forum, and other reminders

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

So, we've had a handful of threads that we (the staff) have felt compelled to rename lately for various and sundry reasons and I just wanted to take the time to reiterate some of our policies and make an entreaty to sanity (and yes, if you are wondering, I also speak like this in real life...as do my very nerdy kids). (also, please excuse typos since I'm on my phone as the minion and witchlette have absconded with my laptop to watch Bill Nye on youtube)

1. Please don't use cursing in titles. This includes WTF, which ya know, is a stand-in for something else. This is an extention of our overall policy of refraining from excesssive cursing in general. Remember, PG rated family friendly forum...and while WTF has become common in the lexicon, just say no to txtspk plz

2. Please pick thread titles that give us some indication of what awaits us should we read the thread. There are a number of folks here that have limited time on the forum or may be at work or school...ambiguous titles make it diffficult for them to prioritize which threads they have time to view and respond to. Also, it makes it difficult to determine which threads might contain topics that one doesn't want to view on a shared computer network.

3. And while I'm at it...please remember that we don't allow text speak as a general rule (the occasional FWIW, TBH, ISO, etc is fine, but keep it to a minimum). Also, please remember to provide translations to any foreign language use (including in your signature), whether it be in thebean, klingon, latin, or japanese. And (in the interest of sanity for the people reading--some of us have old eyes) please break up longer posts with paragraph breaks--wall of text is hard to read.
    This isn't directed towards anyone in particular...it is stuff all of us have been guilty of from time to time, but occasionally we all need a reminder!

Thanks!
    Thalassa

On behalf of the Management & Staff
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: choosing thread titles on the forum, and other reminders

Ok, Thal! No problemo!
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Ya know Thal it is getting hard to know what is a bad word anymore,what with the internet and tv throwing so many new ones out there with no real explanation(like vine) no idea what that is,except it seems to have Cats. and the word that shell not be spoken ends up on tv,and I forget that it contains the F word,that shell never be spoken.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Thankyou for posting this! I've altered my signature to include a translation to the Japanese.
        Circe

Comment

I have never broken such rules. I'm a good boy.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Understood. I will do my best to make sure that I properly comply with the established rules and regulations. :3

Comment

Totally just dropped an f bomb.

Sorry dudes...

*prepares self for spanking
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                Totally just dropped an f bomb.
                It changed into something else.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

It changed into something else.
                  Ooooooo fun... I'm gonna take a look!
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

This was posted while I was inactive and catching up is slow, so sorry it took so long. I've edited my signature now. It is not very meaningful in English though. I'm making a pun on the fact that 'asadachi' means 'morning wood', but because the character for 'to stand', can also mean the start of some natural state (like the onset of spring, or in this case a rain shower), 'yuudachi' also exists meaning a shower in the evening and nothing to do with anyone's genitalia. Unfortunately.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                      This was posted while I was inactive and catching up is slow, so sorry it took so long. I've edited my signature now. It is not very meaningful in English though. I'm making a pun on the fact that 'asadachi' means 'morning wood', but because the character for 'to stand', can also mean the start of some natural state (like the onset of spring, or in this case a rain shower), 'yuudachi' also exists meaning a shower in the evening and nothing to do with anyone's genitalia. Unfortunately.
                      I've missed you!
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                      X