Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Would You Have Stayed in Wonderland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: Would You Have Stayed in Wonderland?

I just finished watching Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. In it Alice makes the decision to go back to her world. Personally, I would have stayed in Wonderland. What would all of you had done?
    Yes, absolutely!
    0%
    No, I would go back home.
    0%

Re: Poll: Would You Have Stayed in Wonderland?

I like my world to operate on predictable and reliable rules, and I'm particularly fond of modern technology and culture. Then again, if I were Alice I'd be a young girl from the Victorian era... but if I truly were Alice then I'd just make her decision wouldn't I?

I think I'm over thinking this.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I can definitely understand your reasoning for going back, Denarius. Heck, I even agree with some of them. I guess for me, though, I would love to find a world where I can relate better to others and they can relate better to me. People in general don't have much to do with me. They either ignore me, act like I'm completely uninteresting or a weirdo, and just don't seem to have any interest in being friends with me, much less associating with me. If I'm not the one to initiate something, then it's pretty much "out of sight, out of mind." Not trying to bum out everyone who reads the thread. I've mainly come to terms with all of this, just explaining my choice.

This is still supposed to be, and hopefully stay, a fun little poll to see what everyone thinks.

Just like the Wonderland characters, I guess I'm just a little mad. And with that, here is something everyone might enjoy since this is a thread about Wonderland.

Comment

I personally wouldn't have stayed.
        There is much disorder and chaos in just about every version of Wonderland I have seen, and it provides for a world which is unexpected. I also do not properly know enough about the social culture and traditions, or religious views, of Wonderland to make a verdict on that. In addition, I personally prefer a political system that is not based in absolute monarchy, regardless of who is ruling. This is neglecting to go into the technological and health aspects of how Wonderland compares to our world either.

I think that even if I was Alice I would have still gone back home. As much as I would like to say I would have stood up to my family, I will admit that if I had been raised in those times, and with its socio-cultural and ethical values ingrained within me, I might have even chosen to not to oppose them at all. That being said, with any of us, I don't think I could know what I would have done properly without having lived in said times, so my answer is purely a speculation.

To make a long story short, I over think things far too much and I'm a bit of a wet blanket when it comes to things like this. x3

Comment

I would go I have been looking for the rabbit hole for years. I saw that movie in 3d as close as I got to being in wonderland. I have always thought felt I dont belong here. I remember watching the tigger movie and finding out tigger is really the only tigger. I lived inside books I felt at home there.

If I get to go to wonderland I will be kicking it with the catapiller. I love the chesire cat I love all cats but him, tigger, and garfield are my favorites.

Comment

Wait, Tigger is a cat? I always thought he was a lemur.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I would come back home. But steal the cat. The ultimate decision!!! YES!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by LunarHarvest View Post
              I personally wouldn't have stayed.
              There is much disorder and chaos in just about every version of Wonderland I have seen, and it provides for a world which is unexpected. I also do not properly know enough about the social culture and traditions, or religious views, of Wonderland to make a verdict on that. In addition, I personally prefer a political system that is not based in absolute monarchy, regardless of who is ruling. This is neglecting to go into the technological and health aspects of how Wonderland compares to our world either.
              And this.....
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

The disorder and chaos and lack of a proper set of scientifically physical rules isn't the reason I chose to go back. I chose to go back, because if my options were to be exiled to Wonderland, or return to my home world, but never be allowed to return to Wonderland, I'd have to choose to go back.

For the very simple reason that I would be homesick.

However, if I was myself, but as Alice, in late 19th-early 20th century England, then I would choose to stay, because ain't nobody telling me what to do.

Mostly art.

Comment

I know the movie had a different slant on the Queen of Hearts / Red Queen than the book, but in the book, the Queen is still alive. And I doubt very much that she has a short memory. So noooo, I don't think I'd be staying.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

If my choice is Wonderland or my normal life then back to this life.

If my choice is Wonderland or Victorian England, then Wonderland. My skillsets are equally out of place in both but Wonderland has blatant sorcery available and that puts it ahead by a huge margin.

Answer is restricted to movieverse Wonderland, haven't read the book and have no opinion on it.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                      Wait, Tigger is a cat? I always thought he was a lemur.
                      He is techinicaly Christopher Robins stuffed toy tiger.

Comment

I think the legitimate magic and sorcery would tempt me to stay...
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'd love to live in the Hundred Acre Wood...but not Wonderland.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Give me Narnia, or let me stay here.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Woo Hoo! No Rules!
                              Work hard Play hard.
                              What is history?

Comment

Working...
                              X