Putting 5 Books in Print!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting 5 Books in Print!

Hey everyone, I'm doing a brand new Kickstarter, the one I've been waiting to do forever. Its been a long time coming, and its less commercial than my last one so I'd really appreciate any support you can give towards this Kickstarter.

I'll be putting five books into print, all written by me, with a different artist doing the cover of each book, including my "Eloquence of Time and Space" collaborator Olivia Hinkel, and my "Cascade" collaborator Emily Hempstead! Yi Shi, William Pruitt, and Kala Farineau are joining me for the first time for the other three books.

This Kickstarter will be putting into print:
    Cryptos: My first full length play, produced at Hanover College in 2011, about a Cryptozoologist searching for a legendary monster in a distant cult town that has been stealing children...
    One Act Septology: A collection of my short plays, including "Rex Stout Rings Again!", "Butterfly Machinery", and "The Tragedy of Hilarius, a Comedy".
    God Save the Pres.!: An Unproduced play about a girl in Colonial America sent forward in time to the present day, where she runs for President since she is technically 200 years old.
    The Dark and Splendid Diary of Danielle Simpson and Other Tales: A collection of short stories, featuring my first Novella, about a girl dealing with her pain through stories.
    Death and Doubling Cubes: My first Novel, about a boy in the future who is fighting a monster that steals people's memories.

You can find it at the link below! Please consider pledging, or sharing with your friends.

-Mal
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Re: Putting 5 Books in Print!

I added some cool new stuff!!!

First off, if you have $1, anywhere in the world, you can now contribute and get something for it!

The $1 Story!

Everyone who backs at any level with this Kickstarter, even for just a dollar gets the chance to chose a word which will be used as part of a story that will be written and included in the print edition of "The Dark and Splendid Diary of Danielle Simpson" and posted as an update for all backers to read! To participate you just need to back this project, and you're all signed up to give me the weirdest word you can!

Also, I added a $250 dollar level where you can get all five books signed, anywhere in the world, and get a short story written for you about whatever you want! (you also get to chose a word, as everyone does if they back the project now).

Also, I'm doing a video series to promote the Kickstarter.

Kayla Snabl from the play's Original Cast of "Cryptos" recaps the play (spoilers!):
    Kayla Snabl, member of Cryptos' Original Cast in the role of Growler (the Angel) recaps the plot of the play!We're trying to bring our play Cryptos into prin...

Kayla Snabl and Jim Wylder (MEEEEE) talk about the original production!
    Part 1 of 4 (more to come!)
    Part 1 of 4 in Kayla and Jim's reminiscences about their time working on Hanover College's 2011 production of Cryptos!We're trying to bring Cryptos (and four...

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
      I added some cool new stuff!!!

First off, if you have $1, anywhere in the world, you can now contribute and get something for it!

The $1 Story!

Everyone who backs at any level with this Kickstarter, even for just a dollar gets the chance to chose a word which will be used as part of a story that will be written and included in the print edition of "The Dark and Splendid Diary of Danielle Simpson" and posted as an update for all backers to read! To participate you just need to back this project, and you're all signed up to give me the weirdest word you can!

Also, I added a $250 dollar level where you can get all five books signed, anywhere in the world, and get a short story written for you about whatever you want! (you also get to chose a word, as everyone does if they back the project now).

Also, I'm doing a video series to promote the Kickstarter.

Kayla Snabl from the play's Original Cast of "Cryptos" recaps the play (spoilers!):
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4jOLBV2x_Q

Kayla Snabl and Jim Wylder (MEEEEE) talk about the original production!
      Part 1 of 4 (more to come!)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWrIqtJvbIo
      I want to all the cool things but life whi choose I know ia a cop out, but I love you so honesty. Just keep reminding me ill remember eventually
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
        I want to all the cool things but life whi choose I know ia a cop out, but I love you so honesty. Just keep reminding me ill remember eventually
        I shall never give up on your patronage then XD! But seriously, I'd love some support. I know how these projects work and there are a lot of people waiting around to back it till someone else does, essentially. So whenever you're able to, anything would be great.

This is my dream project here, and even a dollar ups the backer count and gets me closer to maybe becoming a Staff Pick, which would make the project as well.

Comment

Good luck as always Malflick I may have to donate if I can figure out how this works. To this day I can't figure out Paypal, I usually get my stepson to do all that.
          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
          And planted firm Britannia's flag
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          And joined in love together,
          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
            Good luck as always Malflick I may have to donate if I can figure out how this works. To this day I can't figure out Paypal, I usually get my stepson to do all that.
            Thanks Doc! I hope you get the chance to! If you've ordered something off Amazon you shouldn't have too much trouble as Amazon owns Kickstarter so it uses the say pay service.

I hope you figure things out.

And sorry about the high international shipping-- blame the USPS.

Comment

I shall never give up on your patronage then XD! But seriously, I'd love some support. I know how these projects work and there are a lot of people waiting around to back it till someone else does, essentially. So whenever you're able to, anything would be great.

This is my dream project here, and even a dollar ups the backer count and gets me closer to maybe becoming a Staff Pick, which would make the project as well.
              Wow I was really drunk when I wrote that. Do you even know what I was saying? Lol.

Whays the deadline on the kickstarter?

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Wow I was really drunk when I wrote that. Do you even know what I was saying? Lol.

Whays the deadline on the kickstarter?
                Yeah, I knew what you were trying to say. Honestly I thought your phone was auto-correcting you XD.

I really hope you back this, whether you are sober or drunk lol.

The Deadline is Sat, Nov 15 2014 11:00 PM EDT.

Comment

Yeah, I knew what you were trying to say. Honestly I thought your phone was auto-correcting you XD.

I really hope you back this, whether you are sober or drunk lol.

The Deadline is Sat, Nov 15 2014 11:00 PM EDT.
                  I havr every intention of doing so. Don't let me forget! Spam my facebook! Cos im always on pf at bed time lol

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I havr every intention of doing so. Don't let me forget! Spam my facebook! Cos im always on pf at bed time lol
                    I'll leave an obnoxious link on your wall XD.

Comment

I'll leave an obnoxious link on your wall XD.
                      ^^^ the man doesn't lie!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

^^^ the man doesn't lie!
                        I keep my promises <3 !!!

Kickstarter still be running, and we're 20% funded now !

Comment

Hey everyone, I compiled the videos we did for the Kickstarter together in a list here in case you wanted to watch them ! There's still time to support us, but its winding down!

Kickstarter Video
                          Kayla Recaps Cryptos
                          Cryptos Talkin' Part 1: Workin' and Writin'
                          Cryptos Talkin' Part 2: The Apocalypse
                          Cryptos Talkin' Part 3: The Angel
                          Cryptos Talkin' Part 4: Beyond Cryptos
                          Cryptos: the Cultist's Rhyme

Comment

3 days left, we're 91% funded. Just a little bit more to get us over the top!

Comment

Okay I'm trying to manoeuvre my way around to donating 10 dollars, we'll see how I do.
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              And joined in love together,
                              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                              The Maple Leaf Forever.