Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prolonging a break that has been taken

Jul 2013
    Religion
    Kemetic reconstructionist, I guess... Solitary. devotee of Djehuty and Bast
    Phrase
    Rawr

Re: Prolonging a break that has been taken

I can't compare any deity to a government of a country. It is so different. The government has other things to worry about, that are not me. For instance, taxes, military defence, education and so on. Plus, no man is more superior than any other man. A deity is more superior.
    I don't ask for a specific period of time either. Just to say something like "I am here, don't worry". As far as I can recall, it is through dreams. It has been always through dreams.

Why are you comparing a deity to a sibling? Or I just don't get it right... I can't treat any deity, without connection to its origin like a sibling or a human. I treat any god or goddess with great honor and respect. Even more than many humans deserve.

I tried Heru some time ago. But it didn't turn out. He didn't answer. Djehuty answered. Like I said earlier, and in some threads - he sent me signs and messages through dreams. You may ask how do I know it was him and not just an ordinary dream. If you want to ask this question, then my answer is - I have learned to differ.
    As concerning Bast - she showed me more practical ways to enjoy life. For instance, when there was war during the summer holiday, I got a chance to participate in a trip to the north of Israel. Many other things too, for instance meeting friends in my spare time. And usually I barely get out of home. Only to school, back and to take the dog out.

About convincing myself - I call it getting into a self made illusion of reality. When I do this, I am aware by 100% that I get into an illusion of reality. There is no doubt that what I have experienced is not illusion.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Oct 2014
    Religion
    Devotional Polytheist with other odds and ends

Every so often, the gods just...leave. It doesn't mean they won't come back. There's a certain god that checks up on me for a month or two out of every year and then leaves again. It freaked me out the first time it happened, but I'm getting used to it.

I don't personally work with Bast or Dejuty, but could they just be waiting to see what you do with this fallow period? Could they be trying to nudge you in the direction of other gods? Could they be trying to get you to be less reliant on them? There are a lot of questions and there are some you probably need to ask yourself.

It's hard. It's very hard. But you can get through it.

Jul 2013
    Religion
    Kemetic reconstructionist, I guess... Solitary. devotee of Djehuty and Bast
    Phrase
    Rawr

Quote Originally Posted by HarpingHawke View Post
    Every so often, the gods just...leave. It doesn't mean they won't come back. There's a certain god that checks up on me for a month or two out of every year and then leaves again. It freaked me out the first time it happened, but I'm getting used to it.

I don't personally work with Bast or Dejuty, but could they just be waiting to see what you do with this fallow period? Could they be trying to nudge you in the direction of other gods? Could they be trying to get you to be less reliant on them? There are a lot of questions and there are some you probably need to ask yourself.

It's hard. It's very hard. But you can get through it.
    Thanks for sharing! I have been kinda freaked out for the past few days.

Perhaps. I've been their devotee for a long time. I have lost count already. Perhaps it's they want to see how I do on my own. As concerning other gods - it is an interesting idea, very interesting. I have to check it out.
    It is also possible that they tried to get me to be less reliant.

Thank you!
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^