Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about (tarot) decks...

Jun 2014
    Religion
    Pantheist/Polytheist who worships nothing but believes in everything.

Lets talk about (tarot) decks...

I honestly had a lot of skepticism when it came to people saying that tarot decks had personality, but after doing a bunch of readings with my deck, I'm really starting to see it. And my deck is NOT NICE haha. It does not suffer fools gladly, and sometimes even basically tells me and others "I'm not going to answer that stupid question. Think about THIS instead.".
    Well, okay, that doesn't make it mean I suppose. Just really brutally honest. And sassy. I can feel it rolling its eyes sometimes.

So, friends, tell me about your favorite decks personality! I think it'd be neat to hear about.

Oct 2014
    Religion
    None. I make my own path.
    Phrase
    I can choose happiness whenever I wish, no matter my current circumstances.

Re: Tell me about your favorite decks personality.

I'm currently using the Shadowscapes Tarot Deck by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law. This deck seems to be very sensitive. Even my readings that have a more harsh outcome, the cards somehow do it in a nice way with such grace. I think that's why I connect to it so well, and it has practically become my best friend. I notice that my readings tend to really put EVERYTHING into perspective for those I'm doing the reading for.

I've had my roommate tell me on more than one occasion after a reading, "Well, you told me what I kind of already know, but somehow I feel better about it now."

This deck is rather soothing and gentle. Almost places a calm over those I'm reading for, as well as for myself, even when the outcome isn't what you're necessarily hoping to find.

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Pantheistic Paganism

Question What Tarot deck(s) do you have?

I currently only have one deck, which is the Gilded Tarot. I think it is great for beginners, it's a R. Waite based deck, and the images are beautiful and quite easy to interpret. The book that comes with it is well written too, also great for beginners. I hope to get a cat tarot deck at some stage, perhaps the tarot of Pagan Cats, but I am not quite sure yet. Once I think I'm good enough at readings, I'd like to get a deck with slightly different structure to R. Waite decks. Ciro Marchetti has done some really amazing artwork for decks, I would love to get the Legacy of the Divine and the Tarot of Dreams.

Oct 2014
    Religion
    Hinduism with a dash of Heathenry

Re: What Tarot deck(s) do you have?

I have the Guilded Tarot also, I just got them a few days ago. I'm just learning about tarot and runes. The Guilded Tarot package (cards and book) caught my eye, more than the others. they really are beautiful. I like the book too. the author writes in a very friendly and down-to-earth way.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    Words of power never disappear. They sleep, awaiting those with the will to rouse them

I started with the classic Rider, which I've had for years. I ordered the Deviant Moon tarot and it came in a few weeks ago. I'm really enjoying using it and I always get comments from people about them being beautiful and terrifying. I also bought a king Arthur themed deck, but as a gift.
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Did an online search Corvus,and indeed the artwork is beautiful and I find the style very interesting.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Pagan

I actually have only one tarot deck, it's the Vertigo Tarot illustrations by Dave McKean, text by Rachel Pollack it's pretty interesting, but I've noticed everything is dark or at least darker than my oracle cards that I use to pray to the Goddess.

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Mine's the "Tarot of the Old Path" by Sylvia Gainsford.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Jun 2014
    Religion
    Pantheist/Polytheist who worships nothing but believes in everything.

Circle of Life tarot. So lovely.

Jul 2013
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan

I have four decks at the moment, and I like to ask the same question of them all - it's interesting to see that usually they confirm one another's answers. My two favourites are the Steampunk Tarot, illustrated by Ally Fell, and the Fairies' Oracle illustrated by Brian Froud. Then I have the Heart of Faerle Oracle, also illustrated by Brian Froud, and the Green Man Tree Oracle, which has a lot fewer cards, so I only ever draw three at a time from this pack (also the cards are too big to shuffle easily).