X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time change - from Daylight Saving Time to Winter Time

Time change - from Daylight Saving Time to Winter Time

Soon there will be a time change again.

In the USA, in Germany, and in a lot of other countries, I think.

What do you think of this constant putting the clock forward ... and backward .... and forward .... and so on?

I don't like it.

Do you?

Or - who does?

Re: Time change - from Daylight Saving Time to Winter Time

I have always thought this is a stupid idea,you know the story of cutting off one end of a rug,and sewing it on the other end to make the rug longer....Yup,that will work for sure...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      I have always thought this is a stupid idea ....
      That is exactly what I am thinking, too!

Comment

I don't like it. The older I get, the longer it takes me to adjust. Plus I'm very particular about the clocks in the house having the correct time, so it takes a while to set them all.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I am not sure to be honest. I rather dislike it, than like it. On one hand there is one more hour to sleep in the winter, and otherwise in the summer. But it's a big headache to find out when the clock time needs to be changed.... ><
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Ya'll aren't farmers getting up to milk the cows at 4 am...

(me neither, but I get it)
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Ya'll aren't farmers getting up to milk the cows at 4 am...

(me neither, but I get it)
              No cows here! LOL I'm up at 5 to check futures, though.
              sigpic

Comment

I hate daylight savings a lot. It doesn't even make sense. I think we should just stick with the daylight savings (spring and summer) time throughout the year, because having the clocks roll back costs us a ton of energy. The logic is that it is lighter on energy to have the clocks roll back in the fall, but that means that we lose an hour of daylight in the evening. We're running on old logic there...few are up that early in the fall and winter that it makes THAT big of a difference, but almost EVERYONE is up at 4 pm when it gets dark out in the dead of winter. Wouldn't it be better to have an extra hour of daylight (when we don't have to turn on the lights) when pretty much everyone is awake?

Plus, apparently having it get dark soooo early in winter causes higher traffic accident rates, which makes sense.

I know it's easier to get up when it's daylight out (believe me, I know...) but it would be for the greater good. It's not just my line of thinking either. There's lots on this.

Apparently it also causes us to use more heat, because it gets colder earlier.

On the flip side, the spring/summer time causes people to use more air conditioning in countries where people use air conditioning (so, not Europe...none of us can afford AC).

(PhysOrg.com) -- Daylight saving time is supposed to reduce energy use, but data gathered from a state in the US suggests it actually does the opposite.

Researchers have found that daylight saving doesn’t save much energy — and can even kill people. But its effects are still hotly debated.WONKBLOG | Researchers have found that it doesn’t save much energy and can even harm people.

Also, just a note, but Europe and North America have it at different times. Just in case anyone needs to be time aware across continents (I do).

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                  Also, just a note, but Europe and North America have it at different times. Just in case anyone needs to be time aware across continents (I do).
                  So do I!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    I don't like it. The older I get, the longer it takes me to adjust.
                    Same here. It seems that just as I'm getting used to the time, it's time to change again.
                    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

At the moment I'm getting up in the dark. When the clocks change I'll be getting up in the daylight again and that'll make such a difference. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
                        When the clocks change I'll be getting up in the daylight again ...

And it gets dark one hour earlier.

NOTHING is gained.

Comment

Logically, nothing's gained. But it's nice to have it be light out when it's time to get up!
                          sigpic

Comment

ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment