Wishes for calm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishes for calm

I went to the Dr this week so my son could have his 4 month immunisations. While there, the Dr expressed concern at his high muscle tone and rigidity. He called another Dr in for a second opinion and the outcome was that my son was probably just excited but to keep an eye on the condition and review at 6 months when he is due for another round of needles and developmental check. I am now very nervous about cerebral palsy. Personally, I don't think anything is wrong and no one has mentioned anything to me in the past, but that a doctor has said this has made me a little worried. Thank you.

Re: Wishes for calm

It will be OK. Don't borrow grief from a tomorrow that probably never will come. You and your son should just enjoy each other for all you're worth right now because these days will be over in a blink. I wish that calm for you, and joy as well.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

*hugs*

We went through two years of tests on Chickadee, and almost a year with Sharkbait--trips to the pediatric nutritionist, home visits, and the threat of the docs calling CPS if our kids didn't gain enough weight by their standards... Both kids were born big but skinnied up. To this day, Phee hates milk and sweets from the "nutitional enrichment" we were forced to give her (there had been a series of neglect incidents in the area, and CPS here has long been quick to take kids from military families). The second we were out of the military, and took her to a civilian pediatrician (he was brother's pedi), he looked through their charts and was like "why did they have all this testing done" and I was like "because they said they were too skinny for being born at 9 and 10 lbs". Basically, he was like "dumbest thing I've ever heard" (they even did sweat tests on the kids for cystic fibrosis, and catheters to do urinalysis labs)--they are growing normally, and all kids grow differently"

Basically--I know its impossible to relax in this, and you are going to worry til you know something. But when it comes to parenting, its about the love. Yes, having a child with any sort of challenge is challenging...but you'd not love them any less. Revel in that. Maybe kiddo has gas or is constipated more than usual, or has something else going on. Doctors have to go with prepare for the worst...but you are a momma, hope for the best! Our thoughts are with you.
      “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
      ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
      ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Just keep thinking the best, Az. Most of the time, these kinds of worries are unfounded. You will make it through. xx

Comment

Working...
        X