Thread: Intro

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Undefined neo-paganism

Intro

Hello! I'm very happy to have found this forum.

A little about me: I was raised in a very religiously strict non-denominational, non-church-going Christian household. Which sounds like a horrible oxymoron, but was really just horrible. And kind of moronic. I've considered myself to be a non-denominational neo-pagan since I was 11 and came upon the "spiritual, but not religious, except when you are" section in the library. I'm happy to call myself a neo-pagan for the most part, but I feel a strong rift (and a huge amount of guilt) between myself and my family who don't know that I haven't been a Christian for more than half of my life. To this day the only member of my family who knows is my mom, who is either very supportive or terrified of my imminent trip to hell, depending on her mood. Personally, I think I've been too passive in my pursuit of religion, with no better outcome than the rift I feel is as rift-y as ever and I am not very happy with anything. I guess that's why I joined this forum. Religion is very important to me and in neglecting my own I've been neglecting myself. I think I'm hoping that this'll goad me into making decisions and actually finding some kind of rituals to practice that mean something to me.

Outside of that, I'm a huge fan of astrology. Like, I'd rather have astrology books than new clothes or cable (I'm dying to get my hands on Ben Dykes Persian Nativities series and Regulus Astrology's A Rectification Manual) and look forward to the day when I can decorate my walls with astrological glyphs and essential dignity tables. I've just gotten seriously interested in Tarot, as it seems to mix my interest in divination and my interest in art quite well, but I still know very little about it. I love painting, gardening, baking any kind of dessert you can think of and sleeping my days away. I'm a housecleaner for now and I hate it so very much. Eagerly looking for something more interesting to do (that pays).

So, that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for reading and enjoy your day!

Jul 2013
    Religion
    Kemetic reconstructionist, I guess... Solitary. devotee of Djehuty and Bast
    Phrase
    Rawr

Re: Intro

Hey Strength and welcome to our community! Some of us were raised in religious households too.
    I can say that religion is important to me as well.

Enjoy your stay! The users here are wonderful people!
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Undefined neo-paganism

Thank you for the warm welcome, Gleb! I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Hey there, nice to meet you. You definitely aren't the only one around with some sort of conservative Christian background. I myself spent some time as a Southern Baptist, then a Petecostal, with some of this and that mixed in. I know there are others.

I hope you feel right at home!
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Oct 2011
    Religion
    Staroverci

Welcome

Apr 2013
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism & Demonolatry
    Phrase
    Astra inclinant, sed non obligant

Hello and welcome!

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Welcome to PF!!!
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Undefined neo-paganism

Thank you very much!

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Welcome to the forum!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Serenity Hutchinson (Online Resume)

Nov 2014
    Religion
    Undefined neo-paganism

Thank you!