Getting the Divine bum steer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting the Divine bum steer.

Over the past teo months, I have been trying a more proactive approach to prayer. Specifically, I've been laying claim to healing for my back. My back has been slowly getting better probably just due to natural healing, but now I also have very sore wrists so much so I cannot weight bear for Yoga. I also have a sore knee so I can't do dep poses. Within Christian teaching they say sometimes this is an attack of the enemy. The war before the breakthrough. What would be an explanation for this from an energy worker's point of view?

Re: Getting the Divine bum steer.

I am not an energy healer, but have read some this and that. According to some, if it is your right knee then only your heart chakra (peace/understanding) is indicated (both wrists would also have this association). Your left knee would have a solar plexus (confidence) association. Lower back would possibly indicate sacral (creativity). That said, if you went to a healer s/he would evaluate a lot more than that general associations. There are plenty of sites with info about chakras.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

nbdy sort of touches upon it but the wrists, elbows, knees, ankles all tie into the lessor chakra points themselves. What are called the lessor wheels as energy moves from the extremities and into the main chakra flow along the spine. Read how one side brings energy in and the other releases it, sort of ground like. Have also read where they are both used as releases in that they take a different energy and convert it into the energy that is used to drive the spinal chakra system almost like creeks and small rivers that feed into a drive larger river systems.

You don't indicate what is wrong with the spine so its a difficult call. I have both compression fractures and other injuries to my spine. As such I get frequent numbing sensations down my left arm mainly both both arms. It seems to collect in the elbow and wrist area with a frequent sensation of tingling in my hands or along the outer three most fingers of the hand. Yet it ties back to how the nerves and all tie into the upper part of the back and supports which triggers it for me. makes it bad in that the back burns near my neck and across my shoulders for that to occur. When it settles down in my lower spine and into my hips it goes down my legs and does the same in my knee's and ankles, again especially on the left side. Then there is degradation of energy passage across the body which can be measured through testing. So its like faulty circuits that build up then release sharply causing wicked spasms or deep burning and aches.

Not even going to touch the prostrating oneself in prayer that you seem to be suggesting.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
        I am not an energy healer, but have read some this and that. According to some, if it is your right knee then only your heart chakra (peace/understanding) is indicated (both wrists would also have this association). Your left knee would have a solar plexus (confidence) association. Lower back would possibly indicate sacral (creativity). That said, if you went to a healer s/he would evaluate a lot more than that general associations. There are plenty of sites with info about chakras.
        I will try to find some relevant ones. My weakness is pretty much down my right side. My left wrist hurts, but I can weight bear on that one, unlike my right. And it is my right knee that is painful at the moment. I can find a fair few sites on the major seven chakras, but I need to commit a bit of time to find out about the other 21.

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
        nbdy sort of touches upon it but the wrists, elbows, knees, ankles all tie into the lessor chakra points themselves. What are called the lessor wheels as energy moves from the extremities and into the main chakra flow along the spine. Read how one side brings energy in and the other releases it, sort of ground like. Have also read where they are both used as releases in that they take a different energy and convert it into the energy that is used to drive the spinal chakra system almost like creeks and small rivers that feed into a drive larger river systems.
        Does this diagram line up with what you are talking about here? http://rudrakshayoga.wordpress.com/2...d-the-chakras/
        You don't indicate what is wrong with the spine so its a difficult call.
        It's an old strain. I fell flat on my back at work about 11-12 years ago. At the time, I had no pain but about three months after the event, I had about 2 days where I could not stand or sit and was in a lot of pain. It comes back annually or bi-annually so that I cannot stand. Since I have had my baby, I have been experiencing a little bit of pain daily and have had to go to hospital 3 times to get pain relief from major break-through pain.

I have both compression fractures and other injuries to my spine. As such I get frequent numbing sensations down my left arm mainly both both arms. It seems to collect in the elbow and wrist area with a frequent sensation of tingling in my hands or along the outer three most fingers of the hand. Yet it ties back to how the nerves and all tie into the upper part of the back and supports which triggers it for me. makes it bad in that the back burns near my neck and across my shoulders for that to occur. When it settles down in my lower spine and into my hips it goes down my legs and does the same in my knee's and ankles, again especially on the left side. Then there is degradation of energy passage across the body which can be measured through testing. So its like faulty circuits that build up then release sharply causing wicked spasms or deep burning and aches.
        That is amazing. I do not envy you, but at the same time you are a perfect example of how our bodies work as one, not as separate little pieces doing their own thing.

Not even going to touch the prostrating oneself in prayer that you seem to be suggesting.
        When I am in prayer, I am usually standing. I have been in a prostrate position for prayer just a handful of times. I'm not very repentant I guess

I think maybe you got that idea of being prostrate from 'laying claim?' It's just an expression meaning to assert my right. And this is where we get to the motivation of my question. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something to pull harm to myself, because I don't believe my ill health is because I'm being assailed by demons. So, I'm asking people who do magic or use energy other than prayer.. if you got a response from the cosmos that is the opposite of what you want, how would you troubleshoot?

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
          .. Does this diagram line up with what you are talking about here? http://rudrakshayoga.wordpress.com/2...d-the-chakras/
          That chart just shows the main chakra's along the spine and the minor or secondary in the palm of the hand. While that is a good starting place it ignores the lessor wheels that are found in the joints. The hand does tie into the joint chakra's in that the joints and hand, think there is one in the foot as well, affects the physical body while the main chakra's do more for the spiritual or energy body than the physical body. It's like acupuncture connects with the body points and flows where the spinal chakra's sort of sit outside of it is the way I was shown.

It's an old strain. I fell flat on my back at work about 11-12 years ago. At the time, I had no pain but about three months after the event, I had about 2 days where I could not stand or sit and was in a lot of pain. It comes back annually or bi-annually so that I cannot stand. Since I have had my baby, I have been experiencing a little bit of pain daily and have had to go to hospital 3 times to get pain relief from major break-through pain.
          Wonder if you have arthritis there now? I have bad arthritis where the injuries where and that alone causes me a lot of issues not counting what it does to the nerves and such due to the original injuries.

That is amazing. I do not envy you, but at the same time you are a perfect example of how our bodies work as one, not as separate little pieces doing their own thing.
          Not something i'd wish on others for sure. Very many things tie together that most don't think about. it's like sugar works with asthma. Asthma will cause sugar to drop or rise where drop in sugar can cause asthma to flair up. Then something like pneumonia can cause both to become active discovered that the hard way.

When I am in prayer, I am usually standing. I have been in a prostrate position for prayer just a handful of times. I'm not very repentant I guess

I think maybe you got that idea of being prostrate from 'laying claim?' It's just an expression meaning to assert my right. And this is where we get to the motivation of my question. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something to pull harm to myself, because I don't believe my ill health is because I'm being assailed by demons. So, I'm asking people who do magic or use energy other than prayer.. if you got a response from the cosmos that is the opposite of what you want, how would you troubleshoot?
          I meant I don't pray to the gods / goddess for relief of my bodily pains or ills. I honor and am blood bound to them but they don't heal me or lessen my suffering nor is it part of their mythology or practices. My life is mine to live and I rise above or fall to the course of living it. Some days its good and I am very positive, other days it sucks and I would give in at a moments urging. Yet it is how I walk it and live it that matters not calling upon them or praying to them to ease my suffering. To me that is to much Christian dogma and influence of calling upon that God and hoping he will take pity upon you (collective) and heal you for a price.

Part of what your saying comes across to me as a combination of THE SECRET and the New Age movement of happy happy joyful joyful. If I believe in only good then good shall come type things. Inversely if I am bad or doing bad then bad things will come because of that. Pain, injury, decay and ageing are all parts of life and come with the experience of living and passage of time. Humans take chances in our youth and suffer the results of that in our older age.

Which takes a stronger will and presence? To call upon a divine figure to heal your ills so you don't experience them or to accept and deal with them and rise above them yourself? I could pray to Artemis to end my suffering yet historically her record is to kill to end that suffering. Sort of suggests we be strong and live life regardless of what it brings. I could pray to Hekate as well but again healing is not the usual result of her mythology and historic record. Same thing live life as it comes and rise above what happens or learn to live with it. Sekor pretty much the same as is Bastet and Pahket.

Yes people make offerings and libations asking for certain things but usually they are far more than just healing. A woman who makes offerings to Artemis and / or Hekate asking for a healthy child and a safe birthing for instance. Usually not that they be painless or such only that they not die during it or the child die. Quite a bit of difference and expectations of how the divine will aide them. Sort of like a man in battle asking for strength and will to survive the battle but not asking they not be injured during it or suffer there after because of the battle.

Perhaps rather militant in focus but I like the line, you run till you can't run any more, then you walk till you can't walk any more, then you crawl till you can't crawl any more. And when you can't do that another who stands beside you will pick you up and carry you till you either pass to the grave or grow strong enough to carry yourself once again. Its not calling upon the gods / goddesses to heal us its calling upon our own inner strengths and commitments to rise and push forward. Strengths, desires and meanings that often instill in us the support of our gods / goddesses or Spirit as a whole. Yet knowing we are also human and at times we will have to rely upon our loved ones, friends, family to aide us while we recover or carry us to our final resting place.

From a shamanic perspective who says your not being assailed by the other peoples of the earth? The green ones are not just the tree's and grasses for instance. Many aboriginal or first nation type peoples talk about having allies and how those allies can aide them or turn against them. They might aide you, they might take offense and harm you its just how they work without any human like emotions or assumptions. Which if you think about it most of those peoples also have gods and goddess but they don't call upon them for healing they look to their allies and how they heal or harm as the case maybe.

From a healer perspective your own question could be your own answer. Not demons, daemons, entities or such causing you harm but your own actions, perspectives and ownership or lack there of of your life could be pressing upon you.

Comment

Azvanna, I want to encourage you to be well without giving you pat answers or specific suggestions. In the end, all healing is self healing, and every malady has emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects in addition to the obvious physical presentation. We all know how to go to a doctor about the physical things, but sometimes those things keep recurring because the other parts aren't being addressed. You have to decide what is going on for you, but keep in mind that having a baby is very hard on every level of your being. You will never be the same. Maybe you posted this because you want to seek counsel off the beaten path, but I am not comfortable making any specific suggestion to some one I am not sitting beside. In the U.S. I have never been in a health food store that didn't have a free paper or magazine, and there are always classifieds offering everything from massage to hypnosis to acupuncture to crystal therapy to past life regression. Doubtless such is also in Australia. Use common sense if you choose a practitioner. Also, there may be a meet-up group in your area and you could learn a lot for free that way. For what it is worth.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

That chart just shows the main chakra's along the spine and the minor or secondary in the palm of the hand. While that is a good starting place it ignores the lessor wheels that are found in the joints.
              okay, I'll keep looking.

Wonder if you have arthritis there now? I have bad arthritis where the injuries where and that alone causes me a lot of issues not counting what it does to the nerves and such due to the original injuries.
              I hope not. I have been to my doctor and two different physios, no one has mentioned the possibility of arthritis. What has been mentioned is the hormone Relaxin which according to my dietician can stay in the blood stream for up to 18 months after ceasing breastfeeding. Relaxin relaxes all the joints ready for childbirth and could account for the weaknesses I'm experiencing in my body

it's like sugar works with asthma. Asthma will cause sugar to drop or rise where drop in sugar can cause asthma to flair up. Then something like pneumonia can cause both to become active discovered that the hard way.
              I didn't know about that. That might be useful for me to know when I go back to work.

To me that is to much Christian dogma and influence of calling upon that God and hoping he will take pity upon you (collective) and heal you for a price.
              What price?

Part of what your saying comes across to me as a combination of THE SECRET and the New Age movement of happy happy joyful joyful. If I believe in only good then good shall come type things. Inversely if I am bad or doing bad then bad things will come because of that. Pain, injury, decay and ageing are all parts of life and come with the experience of living and passage of time. Humans take chances in our youth and suffer the results of that in our older age.
              I haven't read the Secret and I can't say I've had anything to do with the New Age movement, so I can't say if what I'm about to tell you seems congruent with it.

The 'Blab it and Grab it' teaching that went through the church a little while ago never sat well with me. I don't think of God as a genie in a bottle. What you describe here:

[
              Which takes a stronger will and presence? To call upon a divine figure to heal your ills so you don't experience them or to accept and deal with them and rise above them yourself?
              is what I have been doing for as long as I can remember. Dealing with whatever comes my way and rising above it. In the past two months, I believe I'm being lead to claim my spiritual inheritance as one who belongs to Christ. One aspect of this inheritance is healing, and this is where my sacred stories and yours differ. I do not believe that God operates on a punishment-reward basis. I do feel that I've received a personal promise for healing for my back and am being encouraged to pursue it.

Perhaps rather militant in focus but I like the line, you run till you can't run any more, then you walk till you can't walk any more, then you crawl till you can't crawl any more. And when you can't do that another who stands beside you will pick you up and carry you till you either pass to the grave or grow strong enough to carry yourself once again. Its not calling upon the gods / goddesses to heal us its calling upon our own inner strengths and commitments to rise and push forward. Strengths, desires and meanings that often instill in us the support of our gods / goddesses or Spirit as a whole. Yet knowing we are also human and at times we will have to rely upon our loved ones, friends, family to aide us while we recover or carry us to our final resting place.
              What you are describing here is part of what I'd call grace. And I couldn't agree with all of that more. That was beautifully said.

Could I put up with what I'm experiencing? Yes. I have put in the hard yards to learn to be content in all circumstances. There is no punishment-reward, there is only life and all it has to offer. However, I do feel like I've received a personal promise that healing for my back will come. I am doing everything in the natural to support it. I have a Physio routine and a diet to manage. I make sure my body is looked after. So when I begin claiming the healing I believe I've been promised and other stuff starts going wrong, I want to ask questions.

I was hoping someone who works with their breath could have input as well, because that is closest to how I pray.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
              Azvanna, I want to encourage you to be well without giving you pat answers or specific suggestions. In the end, all healing is self healing, and every malady has emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects in addition to the obvious physical presentation. We all know how to go to a doctor about the physical things, but sometimes those things keep recurring because the other parts aren't being addressed. You have to decide what is going on for you, but keep in mind that having a baby is very hard on every level of your being. You will never be the same. Maybe you posted this because you want to seek counsel off the beaten path, but I am not comfortable making any specific suggestion to some one I am not sitting beside. In the U.S. I have never been in a health food store that didn't have a free paper or magazine, and there are always classifieds offering everything from massage to hypnosis to acupuncture to crystal therapy to past life regression. Doubtless such is also in Australia. Use common sense if you choose a practitioner. Also, there may be a meet-up group in your area and you could learn a lot for free that way. For what it is worth.
              Thank you *sniffles*

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm just frustrated because I believe I'm doing everything right but it just seems to be making things worse. And you're right about giving people advice whom you can't see. That's asking for trouble. I'll just keep talking to my Yoga teacher.

Comment

I have to ask what do you consider as being healed? Your body no longer being further broken is being healed. Your body being returned to a state of condition prior to your injury is also healing but that's more a restoration than healing. Yet if you only ask to be healed then no more breaking is healed. I personally find many times we (collective usage) delude outselves by playing word games and mental games with ourselves.

Consider my body is healed. The injuries that have affected me no longer continue to cause the same issue. Yes others have arisen from them but the body and the initial injury was healed and the body recovered from that injury. Healing also means that to stop aspect A doesn't mean aspect B will not then begin or aspect C - Z will not suddenly become worse because some other condition was changed.

Comment

Well, I suppose restoration is the right word to use but you're right it is a bit of a word game. I'd like to be able to carry my son and be able to participate in Yoga without pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                    Well, I suppose restoration is the right word to use but you're right it is a bit of a word game. I'd like to be able to carry my son and be able to participate in Yoga without pain.
                    I think that's more the attitude/right wording. Set goals, work towards them. Its like spell intent 'please heal me' isn't clear, whereas setting the goal of 'I wanna do a shoulderstand without pain' is a goal.

Good luck
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment