New to paganism what's next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to paganism what's next?

I'm new to paganism and at times it's difficult to learn I have researched And learned and found the path I would like to fallow and researched the gods and goddesses. What's next?

Re: New to paganism what's next?

Well, what's next is really up to you. Since you've got a path that you have chosen to follow, you've got yourself a great start. I'd suggest maybe your next step would be to try to "connect" with those deities through prayer and maybe a little offering, and see where that goes.

Don't get discouraged if they don't respond right away (or even, at all) or if you realize later that you might not have chosen the right path after all. I'm pretty sure that's happened to all of us, in one form or another.

Comment

Whatever you please! I envy you being a new pagan, you have a lot of interesting and fresh experiences ahead of you. And its up to you where you go, study, experience, practice, or do nothing. All up to you.
      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
      sigpic
      In Days of yore,
      From Britain's shore
      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
      And planted firm Britannia's flag
      On Canada's fair domain.
      Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      And joined in love together,
      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Finding likeminded people to discuss your research and thoughts is a good next step. Exchange experiences, find out techniques used by others who follow said path...
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Laneshep View Post
          I'm new to paganism and at times it's difficult to learn I have researched And learned and found the path I would like to fallow and researched the gods and goddesses. What's next?
          If you believe that you have found a belief system that you wish to follow, then I would recommend that you go ahead and practice it for a time. Try it out for a few months, and make sure that it is all that you thought it would be. This way you get a good feeling as to whether the belief system you have chosen is right for you.

Other than this it is important that you continue to research and find out as much as you can about the Gods and Goddesses. From what you said it sounds like you are seeking to practice Wicca, or a Wiccan-based spirituality, so learn as much as you can about your path, communicate with other Pagans and just continually seek to expand your understanding of your faith and spirituality. Joining a community of other Pagans through medians like forums like this one are also good at providing information and a place to talk about our faiths. :=):

Welcome to the community though, and welcome to the forum as I see this is your first post. :^^:

Comment

So...this is pretty much my standard advice. Its basically this, over and over and over.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X