Heya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heya

Hello! I'm Lyn, I'm pretty new to Paganism but I like to think that I'm taking to it well. I mostly worship the Goddess (as a supreme being that all is She and She is all), but I've been looking more into Hellenic paganism lately because a few of the Gods might be calling to me, not real sure yet what is going on.

My Aunt, introduced me to Paganism and Wicca even though I didn't know it at the time. She taught me astrology and about Tarot and let me play with my spirituality in ways I couldn't with anyone else. Eventually we drifted apart and I pushed away her teachings, trying to get back into Christianity.

In college a few years ago I picked up Tarot and messed with it for a few months before falling back into old patterns trying to go back to an Abrahamic faith but it never worked. Some weeks ago, I found myself pulling mu old Tarot cards out of a box and doing a spread. Soon after I'm buying another deck and using it to communicate with the Goddess and I've been more than happy, and content ever since.

I'm here to learn more, and meet others. I can't wait to get started.

TL;DR Hi I'm Lyn, new at this but really into Tarot and the Goddess. Nice to meet you.
    Last edited by MaskedOne; 17 Nov 2014, 17:39. Reason: removed formatting

Re: Heya

Hello, I just signed in, also. The forum, I mean =) Interesting post. I have met people who handle the tarot cards. I prefer a direct channeling with the Universe, and the cosmic hierarchies, but still, it's something that I respect a lot.

You know, most Christian sectors, like the Catholic Church, turned themselves into pantheistic faiths, inspite the labels. Since the beggining. It's curious how the most popular "Christian" festivity, Christmas, is actually a Pagan festival, the Winter Solstice. And the incredibly popular Christmas Tree, came from Norse-Germanic heathenism.

Pinetrees are not so easy to find in the Middle-East, so I have heard ;-)

The Catholic faith and rituals are actually a complete denial of Christianity. They worship statues, idols, they have a saint for everything - they work as demi-gods, or heros - and I have read statistics, that, in Southern Europe, at least, among Catholics, Jesus and God are actually the least popular of an enourmous list of deities. - With certain saints, and "Virgin" Mary being much more popular.

Well, that would be another discussion!
    Last edited by Aelle; 17 Nov 2014, 18:31.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Welcome to PF.

Comment

Working...
          X