Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you wish you knew when you first started your path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things you wish you knew when you first started your path?

I wish I'd understood that being able to reel off book-knowledge, or recite The Charge or Rede by heart, didn't make me a good witch. That being in a coven didn't make me superior to those who weren't. I wish I hadn't sneered at anyone who piped up 'oh I see you're wearing a pentacle.. I'm a witch too', and instantly judge them as a wannabe charmed girl, or just out for attention. Gods forbid there may be other people as sincere and worthy as I!! Gah, I was horrid.

And I wish I'd learnt much sooner, that not everyone who can prove lineage to Gardner, is a good witch, or even a decent human being. That even tw*ts can brown nose their way into the priesthood. Of course, I've had the pleasure of knowing an amazing HPS and HP couple, who were initiated by Janet Farrer and were, in my opinion, the embodiment of what good wiccans should be (as is Janet, through and through!), but sadly, I've come across too many people who think lineage gives them the right to be ignorant to everyone outside of their inner circle.. Yeah, cos it's not like initiations were being handed out like candy to anyone with a pulse at pagan conferences in the States during the late 60s/early 70s.. oh wait, yes they were..

I wish I'd focused more on living up to my true spiritual values, instead of wasting so many years trying to prove that I was special in the eyes of others, and worthy of respect. I wish I'd had a community like Pagan Forum when I was in my teens. I think I'd have set out on a very different path indeed.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I wish I had stayed with it, instead of letting myself be pressured into attending a fundamentalist church for four years. I wish I hadn't spent so much money on tools that looked fancy that ended up serving me no purpose. And I really wish I hadn't, out of fear that I was opening "demonic portals" or "worshiping satan", thrown all of my oracle and Tarot decks away. I had three oracle decks and about six Tarot decks that I worked with, and loved them all. I'd been collecting them since I was about nineteen. A couple of them I don't believe are available any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxxie View Post
        I wish I had stayed with it, instead of letting myself be pressured into attending a fundamentalist church for four years. I wish I hadn't spent so much money on tools that looked fancy that ended up serving me no purpose. And I really wish I hadn't, out of fear that I was opening "demonic portals" or "worshiping satan", thrown all of my oracle and Tarot decks away. I had three oracle decks and about six Tarot decks that I worked with, and loved them all. I'd been collecting them since I was about nineteen. A couple of them I don't believe are available any more.

I grew up moderately Christian, Presbyterian my parents dont force it on on me but we used to go to church and When i started feeling disillusioned with Christianity although I still had inklings of belief in the supernatural I prayed to Satan because I felt as if God was my oppressor then by default Satan was an ally then purely by the old saying the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Now I am a hardcore atheist Sith is a philosophy with a slight belief in the ancient concept of a life force throughout the universe.

Comment

Dear Patrick
          Cursing should be used as a last resort, if not at all. I say this because I have hurt people physically and mentally through cursing. And I am a result of a long term condition that I angrily put upon someone who really didn't deserve it. It's a lot better for yourself to work it out, than take your anger out through magic.
          -Sincerly
          A man of guilt.
          "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
          And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
          They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
          The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
          - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
            Dear Patrick
            Cursing should be used as a last resort, if not at all. I say this because I have hurt people physically and mentally through cursing. And I am a result of a long term condition that I angrily put upon someone who really didn't deserve it. It's a lot better for yourself to work it out, than take your anger out through magic.
            -Sincerly
            A man of guilt.
            It took me a few minutes to figure out you didn't mean swearing I lol'd at myself pretty hard.

Comment

I started out praying to Diana (Moon Goddess) when I was 13yrs, and I have acquired
              quite a few books afterwards. For the longest time I believed that there has to be
              more than one God up there cause they're too much stuff going on for one Entity to
              watch over. So I made it up as I went, I was emancipated at 16yrs so I was free to
              do as I pleased. Mom had told me it was up to me to decide what religion I wanted.
              Fast-forward to the time when personal pc were starting to make their way into
              homes. I found out I wasn't alone as I thought I was, hooray !
              I wish I would have known about paganism from the start...
              I was looking into and starting my practice in the shaman path.
              I wasn't able to do too much except the forums to keep me sane.
              There was just too much, and I felt like I was forcing it on myself...
              Finally I stumbled on a pagan message board, I AM HOME ! It comes
              so easy and natural that I finally believed I was what I always believed
              of myself; I am a witch ! Not a Shaman, Buddha, or even a Christian...
              I wish I would have found this part of the path earlier.
              Gentle Light
              MsMollimizz

Comment

I wish I'd have listened to my instincts, rather than trying to find the most "acceptable" path. I also wish I'd taken my time in choosing, especially in light of the fact that I didn't end up at one of those heavy-handed Christian colleges like I was afraid I would.

Comment

Working...
                X