*Incoming Newbie, brace for impact*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Incoming Newbie, brace for impact*

Hello! Gosh, I'm so awkward when it comes to introductions, but I figured getting to know people here will make a more enjoyable experience, so here goes.
    I'm Monolith (not my real name XD) and though I'm new to this forum (or forums of any kind, in all honesty), I'm not very new to Paganism or Witchcraft. I've been researching and practising for around 3 years, but I'm still managing to find out new things every day. I've actually been hiding around here for a while, but I've just plucked up the courage to create an account and get involved. You guys are intimidating!

I've been shunned before from religious discussions because of how young I am (16), and yet the Pagans who are older and very new to their paths were welcomed with open arms. I really hope this isn't what this forum is, because I really like sharing my opinions with people even when they know I'm young! If someone has an opinion, you shouldn't brush it off just because of their age, you know?

Anyway, I'm sure you guys aren't like that. I just thought I'd pop in and say hi! I hope to stay here for a good while and make some friends!
    "Nearby is Valhalla, vast and gold-bright. And every day, Odin chooses slain men to join him. They arm themselves and fight in the courtyard. They kill one another; but every night they rise again, and ride back to the hall, and feast. The roof is made out of shields. The rafters are spears. Coats of mail litter the benches. A wolf stands at the Western door and an eagle hovers above it.
    It has five hundred and forty doors, and when Ragnarok comes, eight hundred warriors will march out of each door, shoulder to shoulder." ~ Floki, Vikings

Pagan Blog: http://monolith-magick.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: *Incoming Newbie, brace for impact*

Hey Monolith! Welcome to our community! This is a very nice and friendly place, like its members - don't worry. There are a few teenagers here. Myself among them - I'm 17.
    There are some more, but they are a bit less active.

Feel free to ask any questions and share your experiences!
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

*Phew!* I feel better already! Thank you very much Gleb - I'll make sure to ask lots of questions and mither everyone to death.
      "Nearby is Valhalla, vast and gold-bright. And every day, Odin chooses slain men to join him. They arm themselves and fight in the courtyard. They kill one another; but every night they rise again, and ride back to the hall, and feast. The roof is made out of shields. The rafters are spears. Coats of mail litter the benches. A wolf stands at the Western door and an eagle hovers above it.
      It has five hundred and forty doors, and when Ragnarok comes, eight hundred warriors will march out of each door, shoulder to shoulder." ~ Floki, Vikings

Comment

We have a special teen section. If you want to get access to it, contact Juniper, ChainLightning, or Thalassa. They're our admins.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I'll try to figure out how to do that, thanks again!

Comment

Welcome no reason to be scared or intimidated, everyone's very nice. Personally, I couldn't care much less how old you are. So, hope you enjoy yourself
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Thank you iris - I think my past experiences sometimes hang over my head! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Comment

Welcome Aboard!

Regarding Age:

As a minor, there are areas you won't be allowed to see til you're 18. Similarly, there's a teen section (ask an admin if you're interested) that only admins and Teen members can view. The majority of the board however is fair game. Any actual harrassment based on age should be reported to staff. I have no patience for it and will be happy to explain my displeasure in graphic terms to anyone who thinks it's acceptable practice.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thanks MaskedOne! I'm quite patient, so I don't really mind the wait until I'm no longer a minor. I've messaged an admin about the teen section already (I think I've managed to do it right!) and thank you for being against that type of stuff, it really means a lot when people stick up for what could be considered the minority in certain things!

Comment

Hey welcome to PF!

We don't care too much about age, we care about attitude!

As MaskedOne mentioned, we do have a teen section, though it can be a bit slow there...I think most of our younger members just don't feel out of place posting on the main forum, but its there anyhow if ya'll want to talk about whatever!
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.

Mostly art.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Welcome to our humble abode and whatnot, we're actually a real nice group of people. Best I've found anyways.
                          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                          sigpic
                          In Days of yore,
                          From Britain's shore
                          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                          And planted firm Britannia's flag
                          On Canada's fair domain.
                          Here may it wave,
                          Our boast, our pride
                          And joined in love together,
                          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Thank you Doc_Holliday!

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                              Welcome to our humble abode and whatnot, we're actually a real nice group of people. Best I've found anyways.
                              The bolded portion does not apply to me but I'm too lazy to ramp up the oppression this week so I'll make object lessons next week.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X