Darren Wilson not indicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren Wilson not indicted

hopefully there will not be too much rioting after this. I would hope to say no rioting but there has been some rioting already.

Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Re: Darren Wilson not indicted

We'll see what happens overnight and tomorrow.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Well that dumb chic who said 'we are ready' shot herself in the head with her gun accidentally. She won't be protesting.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Ready,set....Oh Crap...Wait....Not ready...BANG!!!(Stupid is,as stupid does)
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

All I can say is, "Ooo, boy." Everyone get ready for the riot rodeo.

Comment

Truly humans need a very large chill pill,and perhaps a bit of inner introspection to find peace.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

From what research I have done it seems like those wanting the officer to be indited did so on almost purely reactionary level. From the statement by the Grand Jury it seems like there was very little evidence to support the claim of the officer committing any proper wrongdoing, and plenty of evidence to suggest that the deceased was not only guilty of breaking the law via theft, but that they also placed the officer in a situation which justified the use of force, at least seemingly so under the laws in the States.

I am hoping that any reactions to this judgement shall remain peaceful, and that the people will accept that the evidence does not support the claims of people who are attempting to make this case more than it is.

Comment

Sadly,the violence and looting and burning will only add to a negative image of people of color. It seems the violence is NOT by local people,but by outside agitators.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I fell asleep,and woke up with the TV still on the news. I am thinking about the Father that worked at a building that got burned(A Black Father) explaining to his kid why their Christmas would not be good because someone burned his Job away...(All this just within my mind) but you know it could be what happened to someone. Be angry a kid died,but DO NOT hurt others because you think you are the only person alive that ever hurts.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Honestly, I'm sick of this crap. So what, some kid got shot. Kids get shot every day, or stabbed, or starved, or beaten, or whatever, and all for various reasons and by various people. Yeah, it sucks, but the death of ONE person for any reason doesn't give you the right to DESTROY your entire community, causing harm to people and property that had nothing to do with it. Does it make a lot of sense to "protest" the unlawful killing of one person by performing acts of destruction, violence, and vandalism that could in fact get yourself and many others killed?

Morons.

Comment

In the summer of 1966, when I was 9, there were riots in our part of Brooklyn. I remember it well, and this brings it all back. Seems like not much has changed in all these decades.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just to play the devil's advocate here...

The militarization of the police is harmful to a community--in many cases (including this one) there is an argument that can easily be made that it is a strong contributor for events (all of the events, including the original shooting) that occur in a community...how much a community trusts their police officers is pretty much how much they cooperate with them. On a day-to-day basis, I'd say its probably just as damaging, if not more, than the material damage of a couple weeks of civil unrest. And the psychological damage on this community from the riots, I'd say, is just as much on the hands of the police as the rioters (maybe more).

With that being said, I don't disagree with the decision that the grand jury made. I don't think that what the police officer did was illegal (which doesn't mean I necessairly agree with how the laws are written). I don't think that what he did was necessairly against SOP for their department (though I don't know enough to be sure, nor does that mean I agree with what seems to be SOP for many police departments). And I don't know that he necessairly made a wrong decision for the events as he saw them and was trained to handle them (which doesn't mean I don't have problems with how they are trained). But I understand why people in that community are angry and why they don't trust the police. There isn't enough oversight of the police. I disagree with the patchwork of procedures and policies (and training) for police officers in this country that result in force being the first response--police are not the military...statistically and just common sense, it doesn't work. The police are not an occupying force and their fellow citizens are not "the enemy", and if they want to do their jobs more effectively, then they need to stop treating the communities they are suppose to protect like its a war zone or a cruddy action movie.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

^^^^ I'm generalizing, and of course there were and are many exceptions, but: In 1963 Brooklyn, cops walked a beat and were part of the neighborhood. By 1966-7, cops took to their cars because they were assaulted on foot. Quite frankly, the new residents, largely black, and largely residents of newly built housing projects, didn't trust a white cop, and a black cop was viewed as an "Uncle Tom". Lose/lose.

And this, apparently, has been the presiding viewpoint ever since. What I'm seeing unfold in Ferguson is no different that what I saw in Brooklyn decades ago, except there's no Mayor John Lindsay being carried in on the shoulders of the crowd and respected by pretty much everyone.
                          sigpic

Comment

Not really any different than the riots in Washington D.C. in the late 60's. Burn everything to the ground then scream they had no business to shop at and no one wanted to come in there afterwards to open new business. End result many of those areas are still slums to this day because of it. Then scream its all racist because its mostly people of black ethnicity in those areas and they are being held back, held down and deprived because the whole infrastructure and business base is gone for the most part.

Truthfully i'm tired of the "My son / daughter wasn't doing anything wrong" yet the actual facts seldom reveal this perfect child they profess he / she was. The media does little to report factually on the case as the face presented to the public is the photo from years ago and never the current banger photo or such. Then its all lopsided in who all comes along to jump on the bandwagon and beat the drums of racism.
                            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

"Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages it is the rule." - Friedrich Nietzsche

If you ever want to see people at their very worst, put them in a group and let them lose. Any one person, alone, is likely to show reason, but put that person with two others and I'll bet on growing insanity, every time.
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X