Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good News in Separation of Church and State

Hobby Lobby's President's Bible Course Rejected By Oklahoma School District

This is my home town and alma mater (Mustang High School class of '74). STILL proud to be a Mustang Bronco!
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Re: Good News in Separation of Church and State

Good. That loon shouldn't be allowed to teach anyone.

Comment

Note: the following is pure politics, and likely to bother some people.

It's fortunate that the Superintendent shot that down.

Generally, the Superintendent, being an elected official, is a kiss-ass to whatever faction is likely to get him/her re-elected.

Usually, it is the teachers who object to idiotic curriculum decisions.

However, since there has been a concerted effort to destroy teacher unions across America (so ALL schools can operate as "effectively" as the schools in Appalachia do), teachers who object to things like teaching biased views of religion, creationism, and other such crap can no longer keep their jobs.

What one wants to remember is this - in many areas (like Hodunck Hillbilly Heaven where I work), the teachers are the most highly educated people around, and also those who are most cosmopolitan. They are, literally, the ones who keep a critical eye on the local curriculum.

Without unions, teachers get fired for daring to squeek up about educational stupidity.

Despite the crap you are told, you WANT local teacher unions.

I pretend to be sorry if I have offended anybody by speaking truth. But I'm not. Somebody has to do it.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Despite the crap you are told, you WANT local teacher unions.

I pretend to be sorry if I have offended anybody by speaking truth. But I'm not. Somebody has to do it.
        No argument from me on this topic.
        In my opinion, unions are typically a benefit to have in the economy, and for the labour force within the market economy. Otherwise companies can - like they did in the past - abuse their workers and keep them in poverty and literally work them to death. I personally am rather found of unions, but I digress.

On the topic of the article I am greatly relieved that the school rejected the class. Having classes about religion and which teaches and educates about the religions of the world is one thing, but teaching a religion as fact and essentially indoctrinating children into a religion is, in my opinion, unethical - let people decide for themselves, or, if you are going to have a course dedicated to religion, it should cover at least all of the world religions.
        Last edited by LunarHarvest; 27 Nov 2014, 22:32.

Comment

Working...
        X