PF Annual Xmas Card Exchange! (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PF Annual Xmas Card Exchange! (2014)

It's that time of year again and since I haven't seen anything pop up, Imma gonna get the ball rolling. Same rules as usual. Last year we allowed member with only three months of activity to join in, but I think we'll go back to the one year rule, provided none of the other mods/admins disagree. Since Dec 1st is only a week away, I'm going to say let's get addresses in by the 5th if at all possible. Just PM me, and I'll compile a list to get out. I'll PM the list to everyone participating by Dec 7. I know that means some folks will probably get their cards late, especially if you live outside the US, but it's better than not at all right? Just FYI, we really don't have the money this year so I myself won't be participating, but I know how much everyone loves getting those cards so I want to be sure our annual tradition continues. And V, if you want to take this back over just let me know.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
    It's that time of year again and since I haven't seen anything pop up, Imma gonna get the ball rolling. Same rules as usual. Last year we allowed member with only three months of activity to join in, but I think we'll go back to the one year rule, provided none of the other mods/admins disagree. Since Dec 1st is only a week away, I'm going to say let's get addresses in by the 5th if at all possible. Just PM me, and I'll compile a list to get out. I'll PM the list to everyone participating by Dec 7. I know that means some folks will probably get their cards late, especially if you live outside the US, but it's better than not at all right? Just FYI, we really don't have the money this year so I myself won't be participating, but I know how much everyone loves getting those cards so I want to be sure our annual tradition continues. And V, if you want to take this back over just let me know.
    Pick me!!! You already have my real name/address, so do you need me to send it again?

Loving that when I'm an under-a-year-noob I can do cards, and now it goes up and I still can. Muhaha
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: The PF Annual Xmas Card Exchange!

I'm happy with the one year rule, as it usually takes me that long to get to really know someone here. I'm also happy for you to do this, but if you're busy with baby things, let me know, and I'll take it back over. I'll PM my address.

And Masked, you better send me your address - I wanna send you a christmas card!

Mostly art.

Comment

And Masked, you better send me your address - I wanna send you a christmas card!
        I second this maybe some of my cards will make it this year. Im gonna send them from europe haha

RIP

You cut your hair short
        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Sent you my address Shahaku. I know I haven't been all that active the last couple of months, but I hope I can still participate.
          Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
            Pick me!!! You already have my real name/address, so do you need me to send it again?

Loving that when I'm an under-a-year-noob I can do cards, and now it goes up and I still can. Muhaha
            I should be able to find it. Off topic, but have you gotten your snacks yet?
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

I should be able to find it. Off topic, but have you gotten your snacks yet?

I havent got my snack I forgot about that. But then I only got half my cards last year, and only half of them made it across the word.

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Just a reminder, this Friday is the deadline for entries. If you're interested, PM me.

Comment

Re: PF Annual Xmas Card Exchange! (2014)

Just sent out the addresses, only four participants. If anyone missed this and wants to be involved, you can message the current participants individually and see if they would like to add you to their list. Volcaniclastic, Hawkfeathers, MoonRaven, and Heka.

Comment

Really? That's it? Rafe, thal, juni, medusa, what the hell?

Mostly art.

Comment

Yeah, I was kinda shocked, but what can you do? I know a lot of us are tight right now financially, and I really can't afford shipping right now, especially when we usually have about five out of country participants (for us US folks) it seems like.

Comment

money is tight right now for me at this point so I can not enter. maybe for an Imbolc/candlemas/groundhogs day exchance. but be grateful you got people. I remember gift/card exchanges that went bust so this is a good portion of people participating and more likely it will prosper. what I found was more successful was to plan at least two-three months away from an event as people will more likely be able to save up money for cards/gifts. hope that helps.
                        Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

I just don't have it together for the winter holiday. I'm thinking about reviving my Pagan Penpals thread, though.
                          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I, too, was surprised there were so few - but the bright side is it only took me a few minutes to write out 3 cards!
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by lightdragon View Post
                              money is tight right now for me at this point so I can not enter. maybe for an Imbolc/candlemas/groundhogs day exchance. but be grateful you got people. I remember gift/card exchanges that went bust so this is a good portion of people participating and more likely it will prosper. what I found was more successful was to plan at least two-three months away from an event as people will more likely be able to save up money for cards/gifts. hope that helps.
                              We do this annually and usually announce mid November. And we typically get 15-20 participants. So 4 is a very small group.

Comment

Working...
                              X