Too freaked out to read anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too freaked out to read anymore

The last time I did a card reading was nearly two years ago, and I haven't picked up a deck since.

A friend of mine and her boyfriend (now fiance) asked me to read for them. I did this several times, and I kept getting the card for music. They were going to a huge concert one weekend, and I knew something big was going to happen on that day that would ultimately make their relationship stronger.

The day they were supposed to go, his father died.

Now, this did ultimately make them stronger as a couple, and it's hardly the first time I've been right in a reading, but it completely freaked me out. I know I didn't cause the man's death, but I still somehow feel like I was responsible for it. Neither of them are upset with me (quite the opposite--they want me to read for them again), but now I just feel like the next time I pick up my deck, I'll foresee someone else's death.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Too freaked out to read anymore

That's what happens with divination, sometimes you see things that make you uncomfortable. I can understand how a reading like that might make you uncomfortable with future divination, but there's not much you can do other than decide whether you think it's worth the discomfort for the knowledge or you'd rather stay with blissful ignorance.

At the least, I'd recommend not doing trivial readings, divination should be reserved for important purposes, not something you pull out for shits and giggles.

Comment

I wasn't doing a trivial reading; that was just my first reading that had to do with death, and it freaked me out.

I ended up pulling out my decks. I have three: one for personal daily readings, one for more informative readings on myself and other people, and a traditional-style 78 card tarot deck (my other two are oracle). I connected with the first two right away. The third one I felt nothing for. It's newer, and I hadn't had the time to see if it was a good fit for me before. I guess the answer is no.

Anyway, thank you for giving me the prod to pull out my decks again.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I am not an expert in this, but this is what happens when you work with divination of some sort. My only advice is to try to do it again if you can, but you must put your emotions aside, in order for your divination to be correct.
        This is not only with cards. It can be with an orb, or like in my case - 3rd eye.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
          I am not an expert in this, but this is what happens when you work with divination of some sort. My only advice is to try to do it again if you can, but you must put your emotions aside, in order for your divination to be correct.
          This is not only with cards. It can be with an orb, or like in my case - 3rd eye.
          You're right. I need to keep in mind that the cards are only telling me what needs to come through--I'm not causing anything, and have no personal responsibility for what the future holds, unless I'm the one that causes it.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
            I wasn't doing a trivial reading; that was just my first reading that had to do with death, and it freaked me out.
            I didn't mean to imply you were, was just making a suggestion for the future.

I ended up pulling out my decks. I have three: one for personal daily readings, one for more informative readings on myself and other people, and a traditional-style 78 card tarot deck (my other two are oracle). I connected with the first two right away. The third one I felt nothing for. It's newer, and I hadn't had the time to see if it was a good fit for me before. I guess the answer is no.

Anyway, thank you for giving me the prod to pull out my decks again.
            Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
              I didn't mean to imply you were, was just making a suggestion for the future.
              I apologize if I came off as defensive. I didn't intend to.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Not at all, in fact to the contrary I thought I had come off as somewhat presumptuous. No matter.

Comment

Working...
                X