Open house for deity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open house for deity?

Hey guys! Didn't know where to post this sooo..correct me if'n it dont go here!
    So I believe I am ready to have some one on one relationships with specific gods and goddesses. Ive always kind of let my prayers or call for power fall on whoever's ears were listening at the time. Ive never really requested a specific god or goddesses help. I just left it up to the energies swirling about, and it's never steered me wrong thus far, but I want that! I want the ones I go to for everything, those who I can feel around me, those who I know help to power my magic. But who? I have strange esoteric dreams about cernunnos that leave me baffled and Pan preeeeety much invades every thought he can, he invades my dreams, he invades my brain when me and hubby are doin' it. He makes me write poetry and stories about him, but I think i'm scared of Pan. I dunno how to go about testing the waters with him..I think I'm afraid he will have me streaking the neighborhood in some pan induced frenzy..or some crazy shit like that..haha..so can I cautiously call on him? And have any of you had a god/dess open house to see who shows up, so to speak? And how does one prep for such an undertaking...like, what steps in a ritual situation should I be taking. And should I fear Pan? And was this to many questions? Haha..thanks be to you my friends!

Re: Open house for deity?

You don't have to fear Pan - or anyone else - but I think you need to back off a little and let the deity come to (and choose) you. That's my own feeling, anyway. Be very sure exactly what you want - a one on one relationship? Fine - but what exactly will that entail? An exclusive relationship? Perhaps. Or do you still want to contact whatever energies are swirling about?
    The reason I ask these things is because there are many different energies around us - not all are beneficent, so you do need to be a bit choosy. If you want to work with one deity, then what do you want from them? Their help? Their teaching?

Rather than call on Pan, see if he approaches you. Ask what he wants of you. You are always at liberty to say yes, or no.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
      You don't have to fear Pan - or anyone else - but I think you need to back off a little and let the deity come to (and choose) you. That's my own feeling, anyway. Be very sure exactly what you want - a one on one relationship? Fine - but what exactly will that entail? An exclusive relationship? Perhaps. Or do you still want to contact whatever energies are swirling about?
      The reason I ask these things is because there are many different energies around us - not all are beneficent, so you do need to be a bit choosy. If you want to work with one deity, then what do you want from them? Their help? Their teaching?

Rather than call on Pan, see if he approaches you. Ask what he wants of you. You are always at liberty to say yes, or no.
      Back off from what though? I haven't done anything yet. Ive only just come to the conclusion that I want something more meaningful..but I dunno how to go about it. Do you mean don't do anything? And as far as Pan goes, I think he is overwhelmingly approaching me and I don't know how to let him in cautiously. He has all but knocked on my front door. I guess i'm asking what do I do as far as ritual or meditation? Do I just talk to them and see if they answer? Do I make an offering specific to their likes and open a line of communication? I have zero idea where to start. Thank you!!

Comment

Okay, well then treat Pan as you would someone you don't know very well who has come knocking persistently at your door. Talk to him. Start with that. See what he wants. I wouldn't make an offering unless you're certain you want to work with him, and from what you say that's not the case at the moment. But if/when you are sure, then making an offering is a nice way to accept his approaches.
        What concerns me a little is that you clearly have reservations about working with Pan... so take it slowly. Tell him this. And good luck - remember to take it at your own speed. Making a connection with a deity can be the work of a lifetime!
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

From my experiences, Pan is much, much more approachable; as long as you don't wake him from his afternoon nap! Google "Raise the horns". It's a really well written blog, and you will find an extremely informative, and historically relevant, blog about Pan; I think it was called Pan: The God of All. I found this article quite helpful after my first encounter with Pan.
          But yeah, Pan is a bit forward...that was my experience as well. He's just really intense; think ADHD deity. Apparently he has something REALLY important to tell you NOW!

Comment

[QUOTE=buterfligurl;165799From my experiences, Pan is much, much more approachable; as long as you don't wake him from his afternoon nap! Google "Raise the horns". It's a really well written blog, and you will find an extremely informative, and historically relevant, blog about Pan; I think it was called Pan: The God of All. I found this article quite helpful after my first encounter with Pan.
            But yeah, Pan is a bit forward...that was my experience as well. He's just really intense; think ADHD deity. Apparently he has something REALLY important to tell you NOW![/QUOTE]

I love this! Made me lol. No worries about waking him. Thanks for the website tip!

Comment

Working...
            X