Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa doesn't like your dog (ho ho ho get that dog away from me!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa doesn't like your dog (ho ho ho get that dog away from me!)

Mall Santa and elf are fired after refusing to pose for a picture with seven-year-old autistic girl and her service dog 'because Santa had allergies

~Abcde Santos, Pup-Cake and her family waited in line for 30 minutes to meet Santa at a mall in Mission Viejo, California on Sunday

~But Santa was scared of Pup-Cake, a pit bull, and refused to meet the girl and would not even allow her to see him on her own

~When the family explained the dog was a service dog and lawfully allowed to be there, Santa claimed he had allergies

~The mall has since apologized and fired Santa and his elf
    Merry Christmas sauce!l

So this little girl as Autism. And she has a pit pull who is her service dog. He lets people know when she's starting to feel agitated etc. He seems to be muzzled and is full trained in obedience and service. Santa doesn't like dogs. Is scared of dogs. Or is allergic to dogs. Depends when you ask him I guess.

Was it ok to fire him?
    Is that part of the contract to not say no to dogs?
    Does anyone ever expect to see a service dog in line to even be in a contract?
    What are your thoughts?

Remember, Santa is watching!

I personally think if you are afraid of dogs, getting a job as a Santa should be a sure bet of no dogs. If you come to a dog you say you are frightened. No one knows what your past is with dogs. But you do it nicely to the customer. Lemme get an elf over here. I'm frightened of dogs. Santas and those who play him have a right to be fearful and expect a dog not to show up at a mall.

But...you don't go around being ignorant and being all 'these dogs eat people' kind of way. And when they remove the dog and ask if you can still see their little girl, and you turn them away, then fire your ass.

I see Santa at the unemployment office with all his elves.

Also, I have no idea why the Elf had to go down with Santa in all this.

Discuss.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: Santa doesn't like your dog (ho ho ho get that dog away from me!)

I think the real story here is her name. Abcde? What the hell ... It reminds me of a name I saw in an article about a little girl in Georgia who had gotten in trouble because she refused to put her name on her test papers. She kept writing "L-A". Turns out, that WAS the girl's name, and it was pronounced "La Dash Ah".

How would you even say that? Ab-ka-dee? Abe-Sadi? It boggles my mind.

As for the lesser issue of the article itself, I can see how such a thing could be fought by the Santa. Granted, he could have just come out and said "I'm afraid of the dog", but I can understand that irrational fear (or rational, depending upon his history) could create an issue. Now, something else that I find a problem with is why couldn't the mall simply tell them that there would be a bit of a delay, and just have some other guy throw on the suit and sit with the girl? It would take, what? 5 minutes? 10? Give a little "ho ho ho", have her sit on his lap, get a few pictures snapped, and on his way. Someone else could have EASILY filled in for the man.

Comment

What's confusing to me is the family apparently offered to remove the dog from the building, and the guy still refused to do pictures or anything like that. He was afraid of the dog, fine, but even with the dog gone still wouldn't do a picture or anything?

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
      How would you even say that? Ab-ka-dee? Abe-Sadi?
      The article actually mentioned that, said it's pronounced as 'Ab-Suh-Dee.'
      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

The kid is autistic and has that name. Jesus F. Stop punishing her Santa. Let the universe give that kid a break!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I can't help to think there must be something more to it. A fear of dogs would be perfectly valid, but then he should have just seen her alone... they may not have been very polite about his fear of dogs, or he might just be a bad santa ^^ who knows.
          Also... poor girl with that name.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment