Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My path and my journey

Hello again, fellows.

I figured I would share briefly the story of my path and background, to allow more insight on me as a individual.

I was born in the UK, into a family with two very different beliefs, but all still close-knit. My grandmother came from a long line of traditional village witches and came to temporarily retire from her community duties to help my mum with me when I was born. Being a single mother and having to raise my older brother and I, wasn't going to be easy if she had to work to provide income, so while my mum spun, dyed, and sold roving wool at market, my gran took on the keeping of teaching us her old ways as we aged. We were taught spellcraft, herbal properties and magickal uses, stone/crystal correspondences, folklore and the that the way to perceive the world around you has a lot to do with how your life-path will travel.

My mum, didn't take after her mother's witchery though, but instead broke away from it and solely sought after Christian religion. I was taken to church from early on, taught the holy scriptures, and introduced to my (now deities) Yahweh, Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

Learning both the craft and my mum's chosen religion lead to my journey as a Christian witch when I turned 15. I began to incorporate witchery into my daily worship, and felt my connection with both paths grow stronger than I had ever. It was then I decided this was how I wished to live the rest of life, and so I continued to journey forward learning from both my great mentors, my mum and gran.

At the age of 17, my gran passed away of natural causes and there was a great mourning. It was later decided by one of my grandmother's eldest friend that I should take on the village witch duties. And I did until 19, when my mother, brother and I had to move to the states to start a new life. I was unhappy at first, but after 7 years of settlement I'm still here to this day. I'm currently a village witch for the town I live in as well as a professional taxidermist ( something I picked up in my teens.)

My journey has not ended as I continue to grow spiritually and gain knowledge from elders. Though, this is my first time joining an active forum, so I'm quite unsure of what to expect yet. Nonetheless I've felt welcomed so far and so I present myself with confidence and respect for everyone here.

- Mother West
    "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Re: My path and my journey

A lovely share. See you around the board.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Thanks for sharing! This is a very interesting story. If you don't mind, I would like to ask something. If a guy practices witchery, how is he called?
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        Thanks for sharing! This is a very interesting story. If you don't mind, I would like to ask something. If a guy practices witchery, how is he called?
        I'm glad to have shared.
        I don't mind at all, to answer your question, he is simply called a witch. Unless he chooses not to use that title. Some male elders were referred to ask cunningmen when I was growing up. Though it wasn't a term I often heard.

Comment

Thanks! So far I know men were called sorcerers, mage, warlock and magician. Perhaps witch is more accepted, or used.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
            Thanks! So far I know men were called sorcerers, mage, warlock and magician. Perhaps witch is more accepted, or used.
            You're welcome.
            I suppose it also can depend on the path the person is taking, but it's all up to the individual to accept a title for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
            A lovely share. See you around the board.
            Thank you, glad to have shared.

Comment

You have an amazing story. Thank you for sharing it with us!
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                You have an amazing story. Thank you for sharing it with us!
                I'm happy to have shared, and thank you!

Comment

That is quite an interesting story. It is not often, at least from what I have seen, that an individual is raised with witchcraft as a part of their life, or paganism generally for that matter.

I am unfamiliar with the concept or meaning of the term 'village witch' though. Could you perhaps explain what that means to me? Thanks. :3

Comment

Originally posted by LunarHarvest View Post
                    That is quite an interesting story. It is not often, at least from what I have seen, that an individual is raised with witchcraft as a part of their life, or paganism generally for that matter.

I am unfamiliar with the concept or meaning of the term 'village witch' though. Could you perhaps explain what that means to me? Thanks. :3
                    I'm very glad to have shared, its great to have others see a bit into one's past.

A village witch or sometimes also called by the public a 'wise woman' or 'cunning woman', are part of the town or community they live in and offer their services to their area. Some of those services include giving life advice or magickal counsel, making spells and charms that others request for situations, being an herbalist and even at times being a midwife (licensed of coursed). But most importantly, being a somewhat extended-family others can go to.

Comment

Working...
                    X