Introducing oneself to the gods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing oneself to the gods.

So, while I've been continuing my studies, I decided to read up on establishing connections and introducing oneself to a god.

I’ve noticed that there are quite a number of books out there, such as the Farrar’s books “The Witches’ God: Lord of the Dance” and “The Witches’ Goddess: …

Now, I knew before hand many things associated with such things, such as the importance of research and constantly being respectful of the deities. However, I am very nervous about this, what if I do establish communication with say, Gaia, and something goes wrong, I certainly don't want to come off as unintentionally rude or disrespectful, such things would not end well at all. My reason for doing this would be to confirm weather or not I have a connection to my deities and if so, to dedicate myself to them.

So, to anyone with experiance at this sort of thing, may I ask for a bit of advice?
    "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Re: Introducing oneself to the gods.

I didn't read the link, so forgive me if I'm repeating the article. It sounds like you're already heading in the right direction. My only other suggestion would maybe be to have your first few interactions with the entity just about getting to know them. Not asking for help, but just sitting down and talking, so to speak. When I first started talking to Saraswati, my first few times were just giving Her offerings, talking to Her, and thanking Her for any headway I was making on my writing.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Re: Introducing oneself to the gods.

So...I think some of this depends on a) your personality, b) your opinions of deity, and c) the personality of the deity in question.

I've never worshipped a god that cared whether or not I literally believed that they existed or not, or (for that matter) that cared whether I was casual or formal in my worship. But I don't desire a personal relationship with any particular deity nor do I go asking favors from the gods. So, to this point (22 years), it really hasn't mattered much.

With that being said, I think that doing your homework before hand shows a certain amount of forethought, dedication, and reverence,. And I think that forethought, reverence, and dedication, are always a good thing in worship. I don't think though that your homework needs to take the form of a dissertation, complete with footnotes to work, if that makes sense?
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X