Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When people tell you about your own religion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When people tell you about your own religion.

"Wiccans don't go caroling."
    ... I'm not Wiccan, for starters, and also, the person who told me this knew nothing of paganism in any of its forms. I can go caroling if I damn well please.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      And my personal favorite: "Catholics aren't Christian." If ignorance really is bliss, some folks must just be rolling in it.
      I've heard this one a few times, and always wondered if it was just me who had it wrong. After all, I'm not Christian and didn't receive much religious education at school, so I'm no expert. Still, I'm glad to know I'm not alone in thinking a religion based around Christ would be Christian! Clues in the name, right?
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

"Pagans all worship Satan" - said the person who has no idea about paganism at all.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I've also gotten into arguments with theologians (is that the right term? someone who studies theology?) about religion before, where they assumed I wouldn't know anything because I'm not Christian

I'm serious, this one woman seemed to think that pagans know nothing about Jesus. ..... I know about Jesus, ok? I know who he was. He was a real guy, it's not like I don't believe he existed or anything, it's just that I chose a different path to follow. (besides, I was raised Christian. I think I may have heard of Jesus at least once during that, lol.)

and anyway, "theology" doesn't just mean Christianity.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
            "Pagans all worship Satan" - said the person who has no idea about paganism at all.

Just had to drop that off.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I've also heard "so why do you hate God?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                I've actually been asked "so are you antichrist?" and well... I thought stupid will be stupid... so I had a bit of fun and said yes.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                  I've actually been asked "so are you antichrist?" and well... I thought stupid will be stupid... so I had a bit of fun and said yes.
                  you can't just tell the first part of a story like that!! what did they say? what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale View Post
                    you can't just tell the first part of a story like that!! what did they say? what happened?
                    But that really is the best part of the story He thought he was being cool asking. so I said yes and kept a straight face... He stared for a bit. Then walked away. He never mentioned it again, I think he eventually figured out how stupid a question it was.
                    You remind me of the babe
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Comment

So. You are like one of those Pagans, right?

No! How dare you! I'm a Satanist! How dare you think I'd be thaaaaaaaat.

*yeah. That's what it sounds like when Pagans who are not Satanists get accused of that.

We aren't the fucking plague.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        So. You are like one of those Pagans, right?

No! How dare you! I'm a Satanist! How dare you think I'd be thaaaaaaaat.

*yeah. That's what it sounds like when Pagans who are not Satanists get accused of that.

I wouldn't care if someone asked me if I was a Satanist (I considered that path for a little while), but most Americans aren't educated enough to know that Satanist does not equal devil worshipers.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                          And my personal favorite: "Catholics aren't Christian." If ignorance really is bliss, some folks must just be rolling in it.
                          But Catholics aren't Christians. Their story ends when Christ was born. I've been to Midnight Mass & heard the guy in the funny hat singing. Plus, they worship a Goddess & a bunch of statues.

You'd almost think they were Vodouisants, but they don't draw on the floor with chalk or sacrifice enough chickens.

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

Yes you are :P
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

No wonder I listen to all those zombie plague books.
                            I'm one of them!
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
                              But Catholics aren't Christians. Their story ends when Christ was born. I've been to Midnight Mass & heard the guy in the funny hat singing. Plus, they worship a Goddess & a bunch of statues.
                              Why not just go full-bore Neitzsche?

Even in The Anti-Christ, his rabid, no holds bared, and very vicious attack on Christianity, he say he has no problem with Christians - but there has only been one, and he died on a cross.
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

^^ Or a needle.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X