Multiple Altars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Multiple Altars

I have one working altar, one for worshipping, a little one in my kitchen, a travel altar since I tend to do a lot og work outside in the forest or by the sea. And finally during spring and summer a altar outside in the garden.

Comment

I have several different altars, each for differing purposes. I have my main one that sits in the middle of all, which acts and serves as my divinational arcane Stead. I have two on either side which are each defined to one God that I particularly make a lot of offerings to, two that I feel most connected to in my faith. Next to those, I have a cursing and sending station, where if I am working with any negative energies, I will go to. I keep all of this stuff nicely separated from everything else to avoid tainting my other artifacts with evil, or plagued energies. On the other side of that, I have my charming and enchanting altar which is used as perceived, to charm or charge my own charms or others objects. Next, I have my alchemy table. This one is filled with the herbal tonics I have made over the years, as well as a very large collection of my crystals, and herbs that I have been using and collecting. I also have two book shelves filled with planted herbs that I use on occasions. Also, on the floors in front of the two devotional Gods, are offering bowls amongst objects that remind me of the two.
      I follow a type of Norse paganism, and I am actually one of the only ones in my local folk who separates everything in such a manner.
      "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
      And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
      They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
      The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
      - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

I have one main altar/shrine space that is also a working area devoted to The Morrigan and a small shrine to Bast and Anubis.

Comment

Due to space and the fact that I'm moving all I have now for an altar is an antique cupboard passed down in my family.

Comment

In my practice, the altar is more of a workspace for rituals. I have two altar spaces--one is a cubic chest right under my doorway shrine, and the other is my bathroom counter. One is for rituals where I have to be crouched down, and the other is for standing rituals.

I have a few shrines, which are dedicated to a specific deity or deities.

Comment

Working...
            X