Where Are My Keys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Are My Keys?

If this is in the wrong spot on the forum, I apologize.

Someone or something is hiding my stuff. Most often, it's my keys, especially when I'm about to leave. If I ask for them back out loud, they usually will appear in a spot I've already looked ten times. If I don't get whatever back, I will sometimes instead find something else that has been missing.

Does this sound like fairies, or maybe I attracted the attention of a trickster? I'm also open to the possibility that I'm just losing my marbles.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Where Are My Keys?

I've honestly had this happen to me more times than I'll ever be able to count!

It could be stress, or if you multitask it may also be your vision and mind coordination going into overload, because that what it usually is with me-- but it may very well also be a spiritual presence. A few years back I kept having a particular item dissapear, an antique moth brooch. I lived in a small place at the time, so finding misplaced things weren't hard. But this pin-on just kept vanishing! I'd scavenge ever corner over and over again, and then finally when my frustration was at it's peak, there it was in the spot I checked over a dozen times.

Eventually I got the strong eerie feeling it wasn't just me loosing it. Something was definitely taking it from me. So I visited the shop I bought it from and asked the seller if they knew/remember who sold them that brooch. He didn't know and my hopes to an easy reason went unanswered. I wasn't going to ever find out so I did the next best thing-- and what I should have done from the beginning. I cleansed my home and the pin. Thoroughly.

Never had problem with it again. I suspected it might have been the essence of the previous owner or a personal fae of the owner. Sometimes we bring energies or entities home with us that can have some sort of snarky behaviour, ranging from a crude sense of humour to a tormenting front.

You could always try to cleanse your keys and place a protection barrier over them. Maybe see if it works. Otherwise, it also might be something trying to get your attention.
    "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

With us it's a house brownie. Just talk to it. Explain that please you would like the keys back. Ask if there is something else you could offer - or suggest something, like some keys you no longer us. Or something else bright and shiny (with me at one point it was earrings!) So many people report similar things happening - I'm sure it IS some sort of entity in many of these cases. Often it's the Little People (and we have quite a few of them around our garden especially.) Usually you can come to some sort of agreement. It might take a bit of time - but be conciliatory especially at first. An offering of honey or cream is often appreciated.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
        With us it's a house brownie. Just talk to it. Explain that please you would like the keys back. Ask if there is something else you could offer - or suggest something, like some keys you no longer us. Or something else bright and shiny (with me at one point it was earrings!) So many people report similar things happening - I'm sure it IS some sort of entity in many of these cases. Often it's the Little People (and we have quite a few of them around our garden especially.) Usually you can come to some sort of agreement. It might take a bit of time - but be conciliatory especially at first. An offering of honey or cream is often appreciated.
        What should I do with the offering? Should I take it outside after I leave the offering? I never know what to do with a food offering.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

The huldufolk here used to take things from me all the time, and terrorize my cats, and pretty much do anything possible to keep me from getting a good night's sleep. And then I realized that it was so much worse after I had done some yard work and had cut back a particularly large bit of grown along the edge of my property. After yelling at them a few times (some of those times not very politely), cleansing the house, begging, pleading, etc., I finally made the connection with the foliage and the happenings, so I no longer bother that area, and leave out bits of food on the counter where the cats can't get at it for them.

Though lately, I think they've been unlocking my door after I get home. Locking it behind me is just a simple routine that I follow every time I come in, but every once in a while as I'm settling down to relax, I notice that it isn't locked anymore. Pesky critters.

Comment

It happens to me all the time... I never really stopped to think what was causing it. My stuff is usually returned when I actually need it. Especially my crystals go missing from time to time. I had an obsidian which was gone for three months... turned up in the pocket of a pair of trousers I use all the time... and had checked every time I put them on... Sometimes I even get the feeling that I'm being laughed at, but I don't mind, it's just friendly teasing. I usually just acknowledge the pressence, and thank for returning my things. Laugh a bit with whatever it is.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
              What should I do with the offering? Should I take it outside after I leave the offering? I never know what to do with a food offering.
              Offerings are really just small amounts. So leave it wherever the problems are happening, and then maybe say 'Well you haven't finished this, so I'll take it outside if you want to finish it there.'
              Leave it a day or so and then dispose of it and start over. \house brownies tend to live indoors, but there are others who live outside but will sometimes come into the house.
              Leaving a set of keys you don't want and saying 'Look, let me keep my keys and I'm happy for you to have these' serves two purposes - you've given them an alternative, and you've acknowledge them (or him or her.)
              Best of luck - let us know how you get on!
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Mom got me a little key chain accessory that if you whistle, it will alarm and help you find your lost keys. Well, the fairies are smarter than me and messed with it, so it goes off randomly for no reason and drives me nuts. Fairies: 1 Habbs: 0

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                  Mom got me a little key chain accessory that if you whistle, it will alarm and help you find your lost keys. Well, the fairies are smarter than me and messed with it, so it goes off randomly for no reason and drives me nuts. Fairies: 1 Habbs: 0
                  Yeah, they do stuff like that. Mine got so pissed off with me for messing with their habitat behind the house that one night they set off all of the smoke alarms in the house, of which there were four. Each one went off about an hour apart, the first one starting at 2am. It wasn't the little "beep beep" of the battery dying, or the "beeeep beeeep beeeep" of the alarm itself but that long drawn out beeeeeeeeeeeeeep" you get when you hold in the test button.

Annoying little buggers.

Comment

Working...
                  X