Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What da hell Mama earth?

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
    Don't move to Perth. It's not as great as they all make it out to be... and it's full of stuck up Perth people who think that their city is better than everyone else's.

Move to Adelaide instead. Our sky is just as blue, our beaches just as white and our summers just as sunny
    Thanks for the heads-up. I always thought of Perth because it's one of the most remote cities on Earth... as far away from civilization as you can get, and still be in civilization. I'll take your word for it that Adelaide is better. Of course this is all just a dream of mine... escapist fantasy. Originally I thought of Buenos Aires, because it's so cosmopolitan. But then I learned they can get blizzards... oh hell no, I'd stay in NJ for that matter!
    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Want no snow,go to death valley...sand storms maybe,but not cold at least..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Did you forget to mention the poisonous verity of snakes and plants and stuff from down under.
        I'd take my chances... any country that can produce Hugh Jackman, Chris and Liam Hemsworth, Heath Ledger, Sam Worthington, Eric Bana, Simon Baker, Joel Edgerton, David Wenham, Errol Flynn, Russell Crowe ... can't be all bad.

Jeez, it's hot in here! rofl.
        śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
        śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

They're saying our weather will change over night. We should get frost and snow from tomorrow a day late for Christmas (we celebrate it on the 24th, presents and all), but yay! I want snow
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
            They're saying our weather will change over night. We should get frost and snow from tomorrow a day late for Christmas (we celebrate it on the 24th, presents and all), but yay! I want snow
            Yeah, just curious why does Scandinavia celebrate on the 24th? (not that it's a bad thing)

And where I live we usually get a week of Snow in February if we're lucky xD, feels like we're always last to the party >.<
            Work hard Play hard.
            What is history?

Comment

Originally posted by Amadi View Post
              Yeah, just curious why does Scandinavia celebrate on the 24th? (not that it's a bad thing)

And where I live we usually get a week of Snow in February if we're lucky xD, feels like we're always last to the party >.<
              When I was a kid I was told that was when the vikings had their biggest celebration. Don't know if that's true though
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

^ oh cool thanks =3
                Work hard Play hard.
                What is history?

Comment

Ok,I know this is about a blizzard on Mount Mauna Kea in Hawaii,but it is still Hawaii...Just saying...

"A Blizzard Warning remains in effect for the Big Island summits. Periods of snow are occurring and winds are now beginning to increase there. Models continue to advertise very strong winds developing and strengthening today. However… Snow chances will be decreasing as the day wears on… So the Blizzard Warning may be dropped in favor of a high wind warning later today. National Weather Service discussion on Dec. 24 at 3:30 a.m. HST"

I don't know if this is a normal thing for the big Island Volcano thing or the high mountains there. Just struck me as a weird news thing.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/20...i-snow-update/

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

We have snow! so winter did come after all.
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                      Don't move to Perth. It's not as great as they all make it out to be... and it's full of stuck up Perth people who think that their city is better than everyone else's.

Move to Adelaide instead. Our sky is just as blue, our beaches just as white and our summers just as sunny
                      I don't know which beaches you've been going to, but the ones I've seen aren't And they have no waves... Thoroughly depressing. Although I agree about avoiding Perth, it's just an inferior Brisbane stuck 4 hours plane ride away from the rest of the country.

If you're thinking about moving to Australia, Sydney is where you should head. Amazing vibe, great scene for music and the arts, tons of immigrant cultural influences, right up against some of the best Beaches in the country, brilliant rainforests just up north a bit, the Blue Mountains out West. You can't beat it, there's always something going on, and whatever you're after, you'll find it there. God I miss it.

Onto the topic at hand, this summer has been even colder than last year, it feels like early Spring. Seems to be a trend developing there...

Comment

Le sigh...we wore shorts two days ago.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Well that was a short winter. Mild temperature is back, snow is melting
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

And now here it is going down in the teens...go figure...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

It "snowed" yesterday. And by "snow", I mean we had rain, sleet, and flurries all at the same time, none of which stuck.....because it was in the 40s. I wore a parka.

Go ahead, laugh you Northerners. This transplanted Yankee appreciates the mild climate of the southern Mid-Atlantic. Youz beeatches freeze ur chachkas off in the snowz, I don't believe in that shizzle.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                It "snowed" yesterday. And by "snow", I mean we had rain, sleet, and flurries all at the same time, none of which stuck.....because it was in the 40s. I wore a parka.

Go ahead, laugh you Northerners. This transplanted Yankee appreciates the mild climate of the southern Mid-Atlantic. Youz beeatches freeze ur chachkas off in the snowz, I don't believe in that shizzle.
                                It's okay. I won't judge. You're just gonna die up here, is all.

Yesterday was a mild -11C and I went and played in the snow with the dog, in less layers than usual. Today, I'm going to hike across a frozen lake to a set of ice caves.

It can stay like this all winter long for all I care. Still cold enough to land planes on the lake, not cold enough to be miserable and frost-bitten. I like it!

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X