Food Poll #6: Coffee vs Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Poll #6: Coffee vs Tea

Its been a while since I've done one of these...so...

What do you prefer, and what's your favorite roast or blend? How do you adulterate it? How do you make it ?

Or do you drink something completely different?

We are a mixed family--Hubby and Sharkbait prefer coffee, and Chickadee and I drink tea. In our home, we do coffee in a french press when its just a cup or two (Scott uses a conventional coffee maker when he's filling up his thermos for work) and use an electric kettle to heat the water for tea, which then goes into a tea pot. My fave commercial blend is Mint Magic, and my favorite personal blend is my Harvest Tea (a mix of pumpkin, apple, mulling spices, and Earl Grey), and my Stress-Free Tea (a mix of tangerine peel, mint, lemon balm, chamomile, and a wee bit of catnip). For tea (real tea or herbal), I like agave as a sweetener, and for his dark roast coffee, the hubby goes for french vanilla creamer.
    coffee
    0%
    (real) tea
    0%
    herbal tea
    0%
    Eff that, I drink soda!
    0%
    Why ruin perfectly good WATER either way?!?
    0%
    I drink something completely different. (please elaborate)
    0%
    I do not need to drink beverages, I simply absorb moisture from the air into my skin.
    0%
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Food Poll #6: Coffee vs Tea

I like tea. Coffee - meh, not so much. I'm not a fan of berry tea, though. I love Earl Grey tea! It's a great!
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I am a die hard coffee type,hot,iced,like dark roasted strong coffee with cream and sugar...Morning would not be morning without my coffee.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Soda above all.

Tea is an abomination perpetrated on water and I've never been adequately interested to really try coffe.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I have black coffee in the morning, and the occasional cup of green tea with honey when I'm sick. But it's water, water, everywhere, all day long!
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            Tea is an abomination perpetrated on water.
            BLASPHEMY.

I prefer herbal tea or water. Plain old water is the best beverage. Sometimes, I even drink warm water with nothing in it. I do like black tea, but caffeine, even in small amounts, does things to my insides, and gives me a migraine, so I don't drink it on a regular basis.

Favourite teas (the real kind): high mountain oolong, or any oolong really, early grey w/ lavender, darjeeling with a touch of honey. I'm not a fan of green tea unless it comes with sushi.

Favourite tisanes (herbal teas): everything, really. I don't like really fruity flavoured teas, but prefer them to consist of sticks and leaves and twigs and roots and stuff. Oh, and rooibos. Rooibos all the time, with a splash of almond milk.

PS: earl grey with lavender blossoms makes an amazing iced tea when you sweeten it a bit with honey.

Mostly art.

Comment

I will add one tea I do like,rosehip Tea,though hard to find around these parts...Got hooked into that from a German lady friend,as it seems it is popular in Europe.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Both coffee and tea are way too bitter for me.
                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Tea all the way.

I buy imported leaves, resins, and seeds and boil them in my kettle everyday. I'll then use buckwheat honey to sweeten if the tea is naturally bitter.

On occasions I'll buy prepackaged teas, like Earl Grey or Twinnings, but those are reserved as brunch teas and I often times can't stomach them with breakfast or dinner.
                  "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

I like tea, but I don't drink anything special; just the common stuff you can get at the market. My favorite would have to be Bigelow's Constant Comment Black Tea made with sweet spice and orange rind.

That stuff is delicious!!!

Comment

Tea herbal mostly, though I like a black tea once in a while. I usually drink chamomile, lavender or mint.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

OH! I forgot about the sassy!

My all time fave tea is sasafrass, but its not in season right now so I forgot about it (I make it from the leaves which have a lower safrole content then the more traditional root).
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Coffee. All the coffee. My usual is the lighter roast known as 'Breakfast Blend'. Even though everyone assumes dark coffees are 'stronger', it's the lighter roasts that contain more caffeine. Starbucks' coffee contains relatively little caffeine compared to a cheap blonde roast.

Right now I'm completely hooked on Folger's Caramel Drizzle. The Drizzle is the shizzle, my hizzles. I'm not a coffee snob - I like decent coffee, truck stop coffee. Coffee that tastes just right with some half n' half and a couple of teaspoons of sugar. Coffee that is almost too hot to drink, and eathily fragrant. Coffee that makes donuts taste better. Caffeine is good for you in moderation - helps relieve respiratory congestion, asthma & allergy symptoms. It helps pain relievers work more efficiently. It relieves mild depression. McDonald's actually has the best tasting coffee in the world. I don't know what brand they use, but no coffee can quite compare to it. Del Taco comes close, and so does Seattle's Best. And coffee always tastes and smells better on a foggy morning, especially when you're fishing at sunrise.

And if, for whatever reason, I can't have coffee my second favorite is Chinese Restaurant Tea, preferably served in those little china cups w/no handles. Also almost too hot to drink, with a little sugar... and served w/sweet n' sour pork or fried rice.

(For those of you who find true teas or coffee to be too acidic, add a little fat to your cuppa. Either 2% (or higher fat content) milk or butter/ghee. The fat binds w/the acids & makes for a mellower drink.)
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Diet Dr Pepper for the win!

Sans that I like hot tea.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I've long wished to be either a coffee or tea drinker because, well, those are what grown-ups drink. But almost 100% of the time, I'm drinking juice or milk. When I want something warm in a mug, it's hot chocolate.

Comment

Working...
                              X