Stepping out of the shadows ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stepping out of the shadows ...

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forum, though not new to Paganism. I've been firmly rooted in my spiritual beliefs for 16 years, now. Until the past few months, my spiritual activities have been infrequent, except for observing holidays and consulting my Faeries Oracle deck (for myself).

I've felt a strong urge lately to step it up and express my power, in honor of all that I believe and love and to make more proactive changes I'm working toward in my life. For the first time in my life (now in my early 30s, I feel like I really know who I am, who I want to be, where I want to go and what I want to do (after *MUCH* soul searching and trial and error LOL). I'm also feeling a strong urge to connect with fellow Pagans which is not something I do much. For whatever reason, I'm completely open with friends, family and strangers about my spirituality and yet, I've felt the need to shelter myself from those who believe and practice similar to myself. I suppose bitter memories of crossing paths with a few Pagans whose personalities and approaches to guidance I didn't care for early into my path tainted how I feel about opening up to those with supposedly like minds.

For a while, I've identified as Kitchen Witch when filling out info about myself on Pagan websites. I aspire to learn more and work toward evolving that simple description into Hedge Witch; the interests have always been there, but other areas of life have been allowed to get in the way of really owning what I feel I am/could be. Magically, I work simply and naturally, "low" magic I think it's called (but I really don't like that word for describing my work). I only work with plants and herbs that grow in my garden/backyard or that I commonly stock to cook with. I use short, sweet words and I say them as I would in ordinary conversation rather than if I were reading from a story book (which is not at all to criticize anyone who is more poetic).

In mundane life, I'm the mother of a teenager who just started middle school this year. He has a love for crystals and a nice sized, ever growing collection (makes a Pagan mother proud). I'm engaged to *the love of my life* and I choose to emphasize the stars around that commonly used phrase because he is the only person who's ever been the complete package of being both a decent person and someone who I have all the important things in common with.

Currently, I'm a freelance makeup artist and recently licensed esthetician. The last couple of months, I've been in a career funk, trying to figure out if I want to keep pursuing makeup as a career or if I want to downgrade it to a hobby. But, then what do I pursue as a career? (Esthetics was only pursued to obtain a license and be legal in working as a makeup artist; I'm not passionate about hair removal and being seated in a chair to give facials.) I'm extremely self-motivated and structured work environments aren't compatible with me anymore than structured spirituality! I need to work for myself to be happy. I've always pushed the idea of metaphysical career pursuits to the back of my mind, doing that ridiculously human thing of convincing myself that some aspect of myself couldn't possibly be valid. Those thoughts of doing metaphysical work have resurfaced and I can't ignore them. I'm giving it consideration anyway ...

My hobbies are photography, baking/cooking, doing artsy/crafty things, hunting thrift treasures and getting out of the house, being closer to nature as much as possible.

Re: Stepping out of the shadows ...

Well first off hi and welcome ! And about a career as a make up artist if u think that is what u want to persue then go for it open a beauty shop or something? Congrats on finding the love of your life . And again welcone.
    Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Welcome to PF!

You'll be a welcome addition here.

Comment

Greetings and welcome to the forum.
        "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Hello and welcome! We're glad to have you, and I hope you enjoy it here!
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Welcome I hope you will like it here
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Hi!
              Welcome to the forum
              I think you'll have a much better experience interacting with fellow pagans (and other groups as well) here; it's a good place filled with good people

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I'm looking forward to sitting down and checking out the other forum areas soon.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Working...
                  X