I think my house may have some sort of curse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my house may have some sort of curse

I am new to this forum and am a fairly non-religious person, meaning I was born into a religion and raised a roman catholic but am non-practicing and skeptical of its validity.

Somehow I believe my house was cursed or hexed. I do not believe things like that lightly and am the type to brush off that the of thinking. Unfortunately, there has been a series of bad luck and incidents that have lead me to believe this.

My husband and I purchased this house almost 7 years ago now and here is what has happened since then:

1. In the first year our cat was killed under strange circumstances (drowned and found by a neighbor).
    2. Also in the first year we experienced a change in our marriage and bag fighting over everything, something we never ever did. My husband became verbally abusive, never was prior to this day it has not stopped.
    3. The second year both me and my husband each lost a job (he had 2 jobs).
    4. Also in the second year our next door neighbors befriend us, the husband comes over every single day for about 6 months. Abruptly, after the surgery below he never comes back and does not even say hello anymore. It was odd. Other neighbors say they never spoke to anyone much in the area and lived there 30 years. We are new to this area.
    4. The third year my husband was told he needed heart surgery and wound up with a quadruple bypass, he had no problem the year prior so it was a complete surprise.
    5. Also in the third year out home is flooded, something everyone around here says it never happen here.
    6. The fifth year my husband falls off a ladder and dislocates his shoulder.
    7. Also in the fifth year we are flooded again and this time it is 5 feet of ocean water through the 1st floor.
    8. A few months later we are trying to regroup and get things repaired and a freak electrical surge (from the power company) fries all the electric panels on most of the homes on this street destroying all the new appliances and new electric work replaced after the storm.

And it just continues; a string of health issues starts to plague us; I go in the hospital for knee replacement (I am only in my 40s), my husband is in his 50s and he gets a hip replaced. Our dog starts coughing a lot and he dies in his sleep, it is unbearable. Three cars all only a few years old each have complete engine failure at different times since we are here. It just seems ridiculously odd, as if there is some sort of curse on this home. I want to move, my husband thinks I am overreacting, but he is a much different person than he ever was and has absolutely no respect for just about anyones opinion (especially not mine). We were never that couple, we were a solid couple and he was respectful and decent or I wouldn't have married him.

Then we have the cat that showed up in the yard one day and we adopted after some time. He only allows me to touch him, just stares at my husband and runs like he is feral except with me. He is a mush to me and is all over me. Maybe he senses some kind of vibe (that may sound crazy), but I am just very weirded out by this place and how different we are since coming in here. So far, he is healthy without any problems.

I appreciate any advice or ideas. Or, if you think I am nuts, just tell me. Thank you to anyone who reads all this, I apologize for the length.

Re: I think my house may have some sort of curse

Okay, first of all please calm down. Hexes can end up being self fulfilling - i.e. the more you believe in htem, the more they manifest. So make up your mind to stop right now. And please - let me say that I am not a cynic in these things. There are such things as hexes, but they are rarely what people think they are. And they are always curable.
    Let's go through your problems:
    1. Your cat. These things happen. Admittedly drowning is strange and it may have been the work of a mean neighbour, but unlikely to be a hex.
    2. Moving house is very stressful. What you report is not unusual although for it to persist for so long suggests other, underlying causes. Hexes CAN work by putting us under a lot of stress, but really this is more of a physical thing.
    3. Losing your jobs. It happens.
    4. Your odd next-door neighbours are also not evidence of a hex.
    4. Heart problems often manifest with apparent suddeness.
    5. Flooding is not proof of a hex though it's a horrible thing to have happen. But it's more likely to be caused by human meddling (often some distance away, like altering drains or culverts etc.)
    6. Falling off a ladder is a risk you take whenever you go up a ladder. I know a local roofer who is always falling off roofs.
    7. How close do you live to the sea?
    8. The freak electrical surge affected other homes and not just yours. So please, rest assured that this is not a hex.

I really don't thing - considering the above, and considering the other things you wrote about cars and health that you are hexed. At least, not personally, and not the house either. However, that being said, some areas do seem to attract unpleasant events. Putting aside your health problems, the one thing that does intrigues me is the car engine failure. Tell me, are your electricity bills unusually high? Do you get anything like distortions on photos such as mists, orbs etc.? Do you get unpleasant smells (most notably of rotting flesh) with no apparent cause?
    Did you know the area well/at all before you moved there? Did you find out anything about its history?

Sorry for all the questions - until we get some idea of what it is, just practice a lot of cleansing... salt, bells, incense, that sort of thing. And talk (mentally or aloud) to whatever you think might be there. Merely sharing your home with other entities is not living under a curse. They can cause all sorts of disturbances until you learn to understand them properly.

With regard to your husband, there is something in his life making him act this way... so I think you are going to have to try and sort this out with him. But don't mention the idea of a curse... just try and find out what it is with him and why he's changed.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

First, thank you being taking the time to respond. We do live right on the waterfront so I guess these things can happen and it did not happen to us alone on the second flood. This history of the area was Indian, though I don't believe burial grounds or anything like that. The houses are mostly 60+ years old. From what I could learn, nothing horrible happened here. It is actually a quaint town.

We have not had any high or unusual electric bills nor any distortions. There are no mists over photographs or mirrors, but there is a haze over glass that seems to always be there. It is almost like a dusting of white extra fine salt that is just slightly sticky, we figure that is from the sea air so I am constantly cleaning glass and windows.

There are no odd smells in the house. Neither one of us had ever lived in this area. We liked the idea of moving out of the city into a quiet area and my husband loves the sea. So, we let. The area is as nice as we expected, little to no crime, quiet, etc. Maybe I should look into exactly what type of Indian land this was? The only thing I know about the couple that sold us the house was they were older, moving to Florida and both on a second marriage. She was very friendly and told me that she had to go see a therapist for the horrible way her husband's grown son was treating her, but otherwise they were happy here. At least thats what she said. She also told me the next door neighbor (the guy that was coming here every day for 6 months and then stopped) were a nice family, but were not home much and that they spent most of their time overseas in Europe. That was not true at all, they live here all the time. When they did speak to us, they hadn't been on a vacation in Europe in over 15 years. They just don't talk to most people. The other neighbors said they didn't say hello to other people in years and when they saw them speak with us it was a big topic in the area. We had no idea, as we didn't know anyone here at all before coming here.

Comment

I'll have to agree with Tylluan Penry, as she went through it very nicely already. I have no experience with hexes, but as she said, the power surge and (I'm guessing floods) affected other people too, so that you or your house are cursed seems unlikely.
        The change in your husbands behaviour made me think of some experience I've had with some entities, but after you answered her questions I think stress sounds more likely. When considering these things, the first and most important thing to do is looking for the mundane explanation. There's no getting around a flood or the cat dying, those are sad things. But something like your husband, i like Tylluan would recommend starting by trying to work out what is nagging him.

You say the people who lived there before you were older. She may simply have been telling you of how it was 15-20 years ago, not giving you wrong information

Regarding the indian grounds I'm taking a wild guess and saying that it's unlikely that is what's affecting you, lots of places have been indian territories without being cursed

I wouldn't tell you that there is no curse, because I obviously don't know everything, but keep calm and try to solve problems as they come along. If you believe in anything, gods or nature or universe, you can ask for help to protect and cleanse your house if you feel the need to. It might help, and if it doesn't no harm comes from asking nicely
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Firstly, you aren't nuts, and we don't think that you are. Lots of people have these sorts of experiences, regardless of the background that they come from. So never be afraid to ask about these things. Hopefully we can give you some useful insight.

Originally posted by sfasato View Post
          I am new to this forum and am a fairly non-religious person, meaning I was born into a religion and raised a roman catholic but am non-practicing and skeptical of its validity.

Somehow I believe my house was cursed or hexed. I do not believe things like that lightly and am the type to brush off that the of thinking. Unfortunately, there has been a series of bad luck and incidents that have lead me to believe this.
          Yes, it is possible for a house to be cursed, but it's a pretty rare occurrence. House troubles are usually more related to geography, the surrounding environment, the community, electromagnetic fields or the energies that have been sunk into them over the years. It's possible for them to have entities or imprints hanging around... but in the grand scheme of houses that feel a bit icky, the majority of cases are not entities or curses.

Health problems can come about from all sorts of mundane housing issues... power lines too close to the home, electrical wires running behind your bed, industrial buildings close by, smog, lack of proper ventilation, mold in the walls, trace elements from old paint or insulation... it's important to rule out the mundane things first because sometimes it's as easy as that. We can't change things like power lines or nearby buildings, but we can potentially shield ourselves from their effects. So take a look at the mundane situation of your house and surrounds. Also think about things like the commute to and from your new (I know you've been there 7 years but new compared to the old one) house... maybe your husband has to drive in traffic that stresses him out, where he didn't have to in the old house. Seemingly little things like that can make an enormous difference to the way that a person functions.

The next step is the health of the surrounding land (and ocean, in your case). Worn out land can create a sort of vacuum that sucks up the energies from it's inhabitants. And frankly, most modern Western people who work full time are in a constant state of stress and tiredness... aside from the effects that has on us directly, it means that there are a lot of people running around oozing those energies out into their surrounding environment. If the land can't process that, it sticks around and can affect the people on that land. As an aside, because you mentioned it, unless you are on sacred land (which includes burial grounds) or the site of a slaughter, being 'old Indian land' doesn't really count for much. Some land does becomes a sinkhole for harmful energies... particularly if it was the site of battle, slaughter or the like. But sometimes the land heals from that and can feel 'normal'.

If you rule out all the other things, then there are some things you can do to address the energies of the house directly. Some of them will work even if you don't really believe in this stuff... some of them wont. Blessings, house cleansing, warding, personal shielding, inviting in beneficial house spirits and looking at energy flow (like Feng Shui) can help.

I would caution against putting all of your husbands behavioural changes down to the house though. Yes, the energies of the house may be contributing, but mundane every-day stress does amazing and terrible things to a person. And I've recently found out myself that you don't always feel stressed or realise that it's happening until it's too late. Make sure that you check for mundane causes for your husband's changes... and for changes in yourself as well. It's not impossible that his changes are in response to changes in you, that you just can't see because we rarely see these things about ourselves.

Comment

I'd have to agree with what everyone had said here. It's the most logical, and should very well be considered before anything else. But, let me start by saying the idea of being cursed can plague someone’s mind. Sometimes this can be a lot worse than actually having a cursed placed on you or your home. These feelings can develop into deep paranoia and will most likely lead into “cursing oneself”. I always tell people, as hard as it may seem sometimes, to not read too much into things and stay calm and carry on.

If, however, you still feel a strong sense of being cursed, please feel free to try some of these steps to rid your home of it:
            Get some onions and slice them in half - I’m a big fan of the humble onion (unless you’re allergic that is, then this might not be the best procedure.) They are a veritable sponge for trapping and containing negativity. Place them around your home, especially where you sleep. Occasionally, you may want to spit and breathe into the onions, and whilst doing so, you should visualise the negativity pouring out of you and getting contained into the onions. You should throw them out when they start to turn black.

Next, you will want to give you and your home a proper cleaning. Scrub down the house using appropriate cleansing herbs, give your bed sheets a thorough wash and smoke cleanse. Grab a broom and visualize “sweeping out” all of the negativity contained in your home, focusing on corners and small spaces. You should then give yourself a good cleansing by taking a bath or shower, again with appropriate herbs—please make sure you aren’t allergic to any herbs before doing this!

Another good tip I learned from my gran, is to sprinkle salt around your house and sweep it up. Do this constantly. It is said that salt repels negativity but also the countless grain of tiny salt confuses the evil spirit, causing an almost torture, thus forcing it to leave your home. Once you’ve swept it all up, burn it. This is particularly useful if you feel you have been “overlooked”.

Protecting yourself from future curses and malevolent magick can be done by performing some simple techniques as follows: A good decoy for protecting yourself and home from curses is creating a charm of pig flesh (though, if pig meat offends you, by all means use another meat.) Decoys are used so the negativity is attracted to that before any member of the household. Grab some fresh bacon (I use bacon because of how it closely resembles human flesh), fold it up and stick as many black-headed pins in it as you can. Next, get some twine and loosely wrap it around the pins. Hang these charms in spiritual entrances of your home.

Another common method is a simple witch bottle. They can be also very effective. You need to grab yourself a good sized jar or bottle. You will fill it with your own fingernail clippings, hair, etc. You will then place in the jar pins and needles, broken glass, rose thorns, bent nails etc. It is also common to fill the jar up with a liquid to further “drown out” the negativity. The bottle is buried face down in the earth on your property - if you don’t want it to go straight in the ground for fear of it being dug up, you may bury it in the dirt of a planter pot. You may also like to place invisible protective sigils around the spiritual entrances of your home - with lemon juice, or create permanent ones you can draw and frame. Embroidery is perfect for this, as you can add magick with every stitch, and to anything. To ward against negativity and from being “overlooked” while you’re out and about, you can wear charms of open scissors, bullet pendants, horseshoes, various forms of beads and iron amulets of any kind.

Again, all I just mentioned above should always be your second option. I hope it helps, nonetheless.
            "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Working...
            X