Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering ChainLightning

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Re: Remembering ChainLightning

I took a walk today. It's beautiful out. The sky is blue as water. The white clouds puffy. So beautiful. I tried to enjoy it. To see it. I saw it I guess. Just quietly. I'm not ready to look at the sky.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

I haven't said anything, because I don't really have anything to say. He was here, and now he's not; I don't know how I feel about it.

I'm sorry to everyone who spent today in bed crying.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    solitary pagan witch with a strong interest in Anglo Saxons
    Phrase
    Phantom Turnips never die. They just get stewed occasionally....

Chain absolutely terrified me at first. My first day he called me out for being a spammer (I wasn't - I just didn't understand how to answer more than one post at a time.) We once argued long and hard about Wikipedia and Ordinance Survey maps (in the same thread). But gradually, as I got to know him, I got to understand what a great bloke he was and is - because I don't think Death can change that. And I know he could seem grumpy while at the same time possessing one of the kindest hearts on the planet.

Because I personally believe in an afterlife, and in reincarnation, I can't be sorry that Chain has moved on because now he'll be free from pain and I know he's still around somewhere giving the seraphim a bollocking.

And I also believe he will send a sign to let everyone know he's okay. Just as we cared and still care for Chain, so he cared and stilll cares for us.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Jul 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Raphaeline View Post
    All I can think about is how many years of his friendship I wasted at the end - all the day-to-day stresses of life kept me from keeping in touch with all my friends here.
    I don't think I could have said this better.
    I am full of regrets, and one of the biggest is that I haven't been around. Chain has been there for me for so long, always in the background just keeping tabs, making sure I'm ok. I wish I had done the same for him. He will always have a place in my heart. I know many of you won't know me, I have been extremely absent for the past few years, but I think now is the time to be with my PF family.

I realise this post seems a little selfish, but at the minute this is just how I am feeling.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

I remember you...so there...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Quote Originally Posted by Almost_lost View Post
    I don't think I could have said this better.
    I am full of regrets, and one of the biggest is that I haven't been around. Chain has been there for me for so long, always in the background just keeping tabs, making sure I'm ok. I wish I had done the same for him. He will always have a place in my heart. I know many of you won't know me, I have been extremely absent for the past few years, but I think now is the time to be with my PF family.

I realise this post seems a little selfish, but at the minute this is just how I am feeling.
    I remember too. I've felt pretty bad as well. I was sooo determined to make it to Chain's for that weekend last summer and at the last minute everything seemed to come crashing down for me. The baby. Money. My job. I was thinking of going in this summer since Nova will be able to handle the car ride better. I've felt really guilty about it ever since and now I just feel terrible because I won't ever have the chance to meet him face-to-face. I don't think those feelings are selfish at all, it's just like they say the things you don't do are the ones you regret the most.

I'm really going to miss our personal grumpy cat. I want to say something epic but really, I'm just hurting right now. Many of you knew him so much longer, but I really looked up to him in a way I only look up to a few people. And most of those folks are on this site. It's all just heartbreaking.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Shahaku,that's what happens with life,stuff happens. No real need for guilt,life puts stuff on you,and you can't always just get up and go. I am sure chain understands that as he had his share of "Stuff" to deal with. You can't predict where life will go,or what will come. Tomorrow never comes,because it becomes today.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Apr 2013
    Religion
    If you want to know, ask.
    Phrase
    Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less travelled by. Now where in Hades am I?

God I think I remember that wikipedia discussion, Tylluan. I think it may even have been me who started it, but I happily left the field to the professionals.

I hadn't been able to feel much besides 'oh, I suppose this was expected' about this until yesterday. I went to see Battle of the Five Armies with a friend, something we had planned in ages. But because my friend had to catch a train I only got three lines of the song at the end, so I went home and looked up The Last Goodbye on youtube. I ended up crying for hours because it reminded me of Chain.

It's so odd, I didn't even know his real name until after he died, or even what he looked like - yes I know there's a picture of him on his profile, but I'm so bad at checking those out - but knowing that I'll never see his icon attached to a post again and read his grumpy comments - glad I'm not the only one who remember his grumpiness - hurts so much.
    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Militant Atheist. The Satanic Temple.

(Juni, is there any way we can help as a PF family with anything? Raise a fund for his family? I'm mostly out of ideas but if there's anything I can do to help, I'm in)

He's still my friend on FB and I brought up his page today, just to send 'him' a message, and lost it all over again. Don't let my reaction be any testimony to how close we were, we weren't close. We were connected though, just as all of you were to him. Who here was let untouched by his mischievous sense of humor? Who here could not identify with his honest, no-holds-barred view on the savagery of life? Who here was not pushed beyond their limits by the strength of his intellectual dissension? He was exactly the Aquarius I've always honored the most: the water bringer who doesn't dribble, but drowns you in reality.

He brought me wisdom. He gave me strength. He sometimes poked me with the proverbial stick when he thought, perhaps, this little bear was not as strong as she pretended to be. I needed to read everything he wrote. I jumped for joy when he gave me reputation. I remember looking a pictures of his little kittens and thinking, "dear God, Chain is the scariest teddy bear I've ever 'met.'" That was the juxtaposition I remember most clearly from all my interactions with him. He was strong and soft. Intellectual and emotional. He was tough as new leather and as wise as old leather. He could laugh, and dear god, he could make me laugh.

To Chain. Beloved by all here. Remembered by all here. Living forever through all here.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

I wanted to mention a good thing which has come of this. All the old members are coming back. Even in death, Chain is keeping us peeps together.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.