X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remembering ChainLightning

Originally posted by Almost_lost View Post
    I don't think I could have said this better.
    I am full of regrets, and one of the biggest is that I haven't been around. Chain has been there for me for so long, always in the background just keeping tabs, making sure I'm ok. I wish I had done the same for him. He will always have a place in my heart. I know many of you won't know me, I have been extremely absent for the past few years, but I think now is the time to be with my PF family.

I realise this post seems a little selfish, but at the minute this is just how I am feeling.
    I remember too. I've felt pretty bad as well. I was sooo determined to make it to Chain's for that weekend last summer and at the last minute everything seemed to come crashing down for me. The baby. Money. My job. I was thinking of going in this summer since Nova will be able to handle the car ride better. I've felt really guilty about it ever since and now I just feel terrible because I won't ever have the chance to meet him face-to-face. I don't think those feelings are selfish at all, it's just like they say the things you don't do are the ones you regret the most.

I'm really going to miss our personal grumpy cat. I want to say something epic but really, I'm just hurting right now. Many of you knew him so much longer, but I really looked up to him in a way I only look up to a few people. And most of those folks are on this site. It's all just heartbreaking.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Shahaku,that's what happens with life,stuff happens. No real need for guilt,life puts stuff on you,and you can't always just get up and go. I am sure chain understands that as he had his share of "Stuff" to deal with. You can't predict where life will go,or what will come. Tomorrow never comes,because it becomes today.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

God I think I remember that wikipedia discussion, Tylluan. I think it may even have been me who started it, but I happily left the field to the professionals.

I hadn't been able to feel much besides 'oh, I suppose this was expected' about this until yesterday. I went to see Battle of the Five Armies with a friend, something we had planned in ages. But because my friend had to catch a train I only got three lines of the song at the end, so I went home and looked up The Last Goodbye on youtube. I ended up crying for hours because it reminded me of Chain.

It's so odd, I didn't even know his real name until after he died, or even what he looked like - yes I know there's a picture of him on his profile, but I'm so bad at checking those out - but knowing that I'll never see his icon attached to a post again and read his grumpy comments - glad I'm not the only one who remember his grumpiness - hurts so much.
        Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

(Juni, is there any way we can help as a PF family with anything? Raise a fund for his family? I'm mostly out of ideas but if there's anything I can do to help, I'm in)

He's still my friend on FB and I brought up his page today, just to send 'him' a message, and lost it all over again. Don't let my reaction be any testimony to how close we were, we weren't close. We were connected though, just as all of you were to him. Who here was let untouched by his mischievous sense of humor? Who here could not identify with his honest, no-holds-barred view on the savagery of life? Who here was not pushed beyond their limits by the strength of his intellectual dissension? He was exactly the Aquarius I've always honored the most: the water bringer who doesn't dribble, but drowns you in reality.

He brought me wisdom. He gave me strength. He sometimes poked me with the proverbial stick when he thought, perhaps, this little bear was not as strong as she pretended to be. I needed to read everything he wrote. I jumped for joy when he gave me reputation. I remember looking a pictures of his little kittens and thinking, "dear God, Chain is the scariest teddy bear I've ever 'met.'" That was the juxtaposition I remember most clearly from all my interactions with him. He was strong and soft. Intellectual and emotional. He was tough as new leather and as wise as old leather. He could laugh, and dear god, he could make me laugh.

To Chain. Beloved by all here. Remembered by all here. Living forever through all here.
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I wanted to mention a good thing which has come of this. All the old members are coming back. Even in death, Chain is keeping us peeps together.

Mostly art.

Comment

The Make Chain Smile thread. Not sure I can link it here because, Adult, and all. But yeah, I was going through that and laughing and crying.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Hi Chain.. hope I'm not waking you from wherever you are tonight. I was watching the live stream of the kittehs and thought about you and your kittens. I hope they are being taken care of. I'm sure of it. I thought you would laugh at the momma trying to sit on her kid and groom him to death.

It was nice talking to you today.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Everything that I wanted to say was already said here. I'm sure he is in a better place now. He encouraged me to ask questions, he gave me strength, made me smile. He was and still is a great part of the forum.

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  I wanted to mention a good thing which has come of this. All the old members are coming back. Even in death, Chain is keeping us peeps together.
                  Yes. I'll never forget him. Grumpy at times, but also a great, kind and strong person.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

His candle spreads light as much as he did here.
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I keep going back and looking at his PMs in my inbox. Reading them again - seems like he's still here.

Comment

Ive um missed a lot in my absence it seems. I didnt know chain that well but I surely will miss him .
                        Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                          I keep going back and looking at his PMs in my inbox. Reading them again - seems like he's still here.
                          Ok. I thought I was the only one doing this.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I keep thinking how everyone thought he was scary... and how touched he said he was when I told him I wasn't scared of him. He was my kind of gruff... a gruff, cynical exterior covering a big heart that loved far more than he let on. And I love him for it. A year and a half seems so little compared to those of you who knew him longer, but he had a quiet way of confiding things that made me feel like I knew him longer.

I've been missing him from the minute he decided to take a break from PF and it makes me profoundly sad that he'll never be back.

He may have been gruff and grouchy but he made sure that he told us how he felt about us. He told me that I was family. He told me that he loved me. Even though I'm not really an oldie here yet. He had a quietly tender streak that made itself known in little offhand comments and in the things that got him fired up and the things that upset him. I think we can all learn something from that... something about family and friendship and community, and about telling the people that matter to us that they matter. I know that I need to do that more.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Ok. I thought I was the only one doing this.
                              You're not the only one!

And it occurs to me that he was younger than me. Which kinda seems weird.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I miss him and am very sad that he is gone. I'm also so happy that he is no longer in pain and having to deal with the problems that he had to in this life. hopefully he and his daughter are together again. Chain you where a great person and friend to many of us, you will be greatly missed.

See you on the other side my friend.
                                Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Working...
                                X