Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering ChainLightning

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Re: Remembering ChainLightning

The Make Chain Smile thread. Not sure I can link it here because, Adult, and all. But yeah, I was going through that and laughing and crying.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Hi Chain.. hope I'm not waking you from wherever you are tonight. I was watching the live stream of the kittehs and thought about you and your kittens. I hope they are being taken care of. I'm sure of it. I thought you would laugh at the momma trying to sit on her kid and groom him to death.

It was nice talking to you today.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Jul 2013
    Religion
    Kemetic reconstructionist, I guess... Solitary. devotee of Djehuty and Bast
    Phrase
    Rawr

Everything that I wanted to say was already said here. I'm sure he is in a better place now. He encouraged me to ask questions, he gave me strength, made me smile. He was and still is a great part of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I wanted to mention a good thing which has come of this. All the old members are coming back. Even in death, Chain is keeping us peeps together.
    Yes. I'll never forget him. Grumpy at times, but also a great, kind and strong person.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Jul 2013
    Religion
    Kemetic reconstructionist, I guess... Solitary. devotee of Djehuty and Bast
    Phrase
    Rawr

His candle spreads light as much as he did here.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Apr 2013
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism & Demonolatry
    Phrase
    Astra inclinant, sed non obligant

I keep going back and looking at his PMs in my inbox. Reading them again - seems like he's still here.

Apr 2014
    Religion
    Theistic satanist/occultist.
    Phrase
    i am what i am and what i am is not your problem

Ive um missed a lot in my absence it seems. I didnt know chain that well but I surely will miss him .
    Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Quote Originally Posted by Torey View Post
    I keep going back and looking at his PMs in my inbox. Reading them again - seems like he's still here.
    Ok. I thought I was the only one doing this.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Northern Tradition Shaminist Demonolator. Or something along those lines...

I keep thinking how everyone thought he was scary... and how touched he said he was when I told him I wasn't scared of him. He was my kind of gruff... a gruff, cynical exterior covering a big heart that loved far more than he let on. And I love him for it. A year and a half seems so little compared to those of you who knew him longer, but he had a quiet way of confiding things that made me feel like I knew him longer.

I've been missing him from the minute he decided to take a break from PF and it makes me profoundly sad that he'll never be back.

He may have been gruff and grouchy but he made sure that he told us how he felt about us. He told me that I was family. He told me that he loved me. Even though I'm not really an oldie here yet. He had a quietly tender streak that made itself known in little offhand comments and in the things that got him fired up and the things that upset him. I think we can all learn something from that... something about family and friendship and community, and about telling the people that matter to us that they matter. I know that I need to do that more.

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Ok. I thought I was the only one doing this.
    You're not the only one!

And it occurs to me that he was younger than me. Which kinda seems weird.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Nov 2010
    Religion
    Pagan
    Phrase
    "Remember that paganism is a path of experience, not of dogma."

I miss him and am very sad that he is gone. I'm also so happy that he is no longer in pain and having to deal with the problems that he had to in this life. hopefully he and his daughter are together again. Chain you where a great person and friend to many of us, you will be greatly missed.

See you on the other side my friend.
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.