This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remembering ChainLightning

This is not the thread I wanted to find after being gone a couple of weeks. I'm not some one who cuddles right up to just anyone, but Chain's absolute candor was entirely endearing to me. I will be lighting a candle tonight, and am glad that I got back in time to participate in this remembrance.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I know I've been very quite since the devastating news broke. I honestly cannot form words to describe how I've been feeling and I'm still not there yet.

However, I realize that being silent doesn't help the situation. I wanted to let you all know that I've contacted Tisha to discuss donation solutions as I'm not sure how they want to receive donations. I have offered the PayPal option just as we've done many times in the past but they might already have another method in mind so I wanted to give them the chance to let me know.

I will keep everyone informed of our discussion and plans to move forward. In the mean time if anyone already wants to donate via our Donations Button at the top of the page, I have absolutely no issues with holding on to them until the family has come to a decision on how they want to receive them. If anyone has experience with setting up fund raisers through a bank or fund raising portal, please PM me as I'd be interested in learning how they work, to see if this is a better solution than PayPal.

Thank you.

I truly hope that Chain knows just exactly how much he was loved...
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Update: They are going with the PayPal option. The donations would go toward funeral expenses which have been estimated at $7,309.00. Anything, big or little, will help them tremendously. They also wanted me to let everyone know how incredibly grateful they are for your kindheartedness and willingness to help. Tears were shed during our phone call.

Also, if anyone is interested in attending the funeral, here is the information:

A Celebration of Michael's life will be on Saturday, January 17 from 11:00AM - 2:00PM at Dare's Funeral Home, 805 Main Street, Elk River, with time of sharing at 1:00PM.
        (Obituary Page)
        There will also be a gathering at the house after.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        Sneak Attack

Comment

Oh my God. I just learned. I'm so sad to hear this... I really don't know what to say.

Rest in Peace Chain .
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I've just sent through the first batch of donations. Thank you so much!

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
            Sneak Attack

Comment

I presume we donate via the forum and you send it on like we did with Sean? Just wanna confirm before Torey and I make our donation.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind... I reread your original donations post where you said to donate via the Donations button.

Silly me.

Comment

Thank you both. <3

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                Sneak Attack

Comment

You guys are all amazing. How this community comes together when someone is in need or hurting never ceases to leave me speechless and so humbled that we have a great community like this. I am so proud of being able to call this my home.

Another thought I had.. I know some of you are not able to contribute financially and that is fine. Blessings, well wishes and prayers are always welcome and appreciated. For those of you whom still want to contribute... I would like to open an invitation to create a forum banner that we can hoist for a while, while we are in mourning. Sort of the equivalent of flags at half-mast. It would need to be a 900x200 PNG file. (I think JPEG and GIF might work, too... but I'm not 100% right now.)

The staff will pick two. One for a light theme and one for a dark theme. Please keep theme colors in mind but I will largely leave the artistic display to your discretion. The only real requirement is that it needs to say "Pagan Forum" on the banner. A possibility of using the designs on merchandise down the road may also be considered.
                  Sneak Attack

Comment

On the obituary page you linked to, there's a photo of him when he was young (maybe a high school yearbook photo?) I think that would be cool to use somewhere.

I really didn't realize that he was 9 years YOUNGER than me. Wow. I need to work on my cantankerousness. I'm sure he'd like that.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

sorry for everyone's loss. I just have no further proper words to say.
                      Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        On the obituary page you linked to, there's a photo of him when he was young (maybe a high school yearbook photo?) I think that would be cool to use somewhere.

I really didn't realize that he was 9 years YOUNGER than me. Wow. I need to work on my cantankerousness. I'm sure he'd like that.
                        I had the same shock as you(I am about 9 years older also)and said "Holy Shit!". I can only hope to remotely approach the "Cantankerousness" of the master. But I think it is a worthy goal for us to strive for, yes?
                        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Chain's death took me completely by surprise, and it took me a bit of time to come to terms with the fact that he died.

I cannot say that I was all too familiar with Chain on a personal level, but if there was one thing that I observed about him on the forum it was that he never seemed to intend ill will towards anyone. Reading his story on his profile, I realised just what an extraordinary individual he was. He was tough as nails, and surmounted a great many troubles in his life. I don't think I can write an obituary which can do justice to Chain, so I will leave it here.

I hope that Chain's soul finds rest and comfort, in the presence of his ancestors.

Comment

I want to take a moment to recognise the loss of a great friend to many here on the forum. I do not want to say anything diminishing, as I did not know Chain personally, but I recognise the huge amount of respect and love that many here felt for him.

Comment

Chain was awesome, and I hope that whatever afterlife his soul has landed him in is one of rest and happiness.

Rest well Chain, maybe one day we can chat again.

I'll be praying for him.
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              And joined in love together,
                              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Even though I did not know ChainLightning as much as some of you, his presence will be missed very much. I hope he is happy wherever he is and I am praying for his family that they get through their time of grief.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X