Thread: Remembering ChainLightning

Nov 2010
    Religion
    Pagan
    Phrase
    "Remember that paganism is a path of experience, not of dogma."

Re: Remembering ChainLightning

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    On the obituary page you linked to, there's a photo of him when he was young (maybe a high school yearbook photo?) I think that would be cool to use somewhere.

I really didn't realize that he was 9 years YOUNGER than me. Wow. I need to work on my cantankerousness. I'm sure he'd like that.
    I had the same shock as you(I am about 9 years older also)and said "Holy Shit!". I can only hope to remotely approach the "Cantankerousness" of the master. But I think it is a worthy goal for us to strive for, yes?
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Apr 2014
    Religion
    Shinto
    Phrase
    That being said...

Chain's death took me completely by surprise, and it took me a bit of time to come to terms with the fact that he died.

I cannot say that I was all too familiar with Chain on a personal level, but if there was one thing that I observed about him on the forum it was that he never seemed to intend ill will towards anyone. Reading his story on his profile, I realised just what an extraordinary individual he was. He was tough as nails, and surmounted a great many troubles in his life. I don't think I can write an obituary which can do justice to Chain, so I will leave it here.

I hope that Chain's soul finds rest and comfort, in the presence of his ancestors.

May 2012
    Religion
    Optimistic Agnostic
    Phrase
    Suspend Judgement

I want to take a moment to recognise the loss of a great friend to many here on the forum. I do not want to say anything diminishing, as I did not know Chain personally, but I recognise the huge amount of respect and love that many here felt for him.

Mar 2013
    Religion
    Asatruar
    Phrase
    Come join the murder, Come fly with black, We'll give you freedom, From the human trap.

Chain was awesome, and I hope that whatever afterlife his soul has landed him in is one of rest and happiness.

Rest well Chain, maybe one day we can chat again.

I'll be praying for him.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Even though I did not know ChainLightning as much as some of you, his presence will be missed very much. I hope he is happy wherever he is and I am praying for his family that they get through their time of grief.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Reading is Love | Serenity Hutchinson (Online Resume)

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

I've been very quiet about Chain's death. And I couldn't really say what I wanted to say before. To those of you who reached out to me. To leave me words of encouragement, I heard you. And I thank you. I just couldn't reach out. It's not like me. I carry grief quietly with me. I have added him to the piece of me inside that still loves. I carry my dead loved ones in there. It helps me not to feel alone to know I'm going to carry him with me as well.

I still miss you Chain. But know you are with me. Always.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Nov 2006
    Religion
    Heathen Recon

Having returned to PF only today, I just heard about Chain's passing. I will be eternally grateful to MaskedOne for relaying this information to me. When I left here four years ago, Mike was one of the few people I kept in touch with. We spoke on Facebook a few times a year, yet frequently enough to know that he was in ill health. It hurts my heart to know that I'll never speak with my friend again, yet I choose to believe that it was he that has been the unseen driving force behind my recent nagging urge to return to these forums, a place he and I once called home together. I shall raise a glass in his honour. Hail ChainLightning! Hail Mike! Rest well my friend.
    "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Northern Tradition

I suppose this is a long time coming, and a bit late to join in I suppose, but it being Father's Day and all ...

Something had me going back into my old notifications and messages a little while ago, and I realized that I had two from Chain. Both of them were back in September of last year, and I'd all but forgotten about them until today. One of them was due to a series of stupid jokes and puns that were being made, and he sent me a message to thank me for the laughs, stating that it felt good to smile again. The other was much more special to me.

I joined this site about 5 years ago, and have been coming off and on, since. After my initial appearance and disappearance here, I had struggled with feelings of not quite fitting in anymore, and said so in the Confessions thread, but that I kept sticking in out and was starting to feel at home again. That was when Chain sent me a message thanking me for sticking around, because he said that I was part of the family. That simple message was what prompted me to return yet again.

So know that you're missed, Chain, and that you have my, and I'd like to say, all of our deepest respects. Happy Father's Day.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Been meaning to share this for awhile, so thanks for bringing it back to my attention. Every time I hear this song, I think of Chain.

We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Apr 2012
    Religion
    eclectic Heathen
    Phrase
    Its not about finding the "right path" but more so finding the path that's right for you

Oh my....I....I suppose this is what I get for staying away for so long. I was just informed on chat about this, and though it's been almost 8 months since it happened I guess I'm feeling the shock for the first time. Chain-you were a friend, and like family to a lot of us on here, and will always be loved and missed and in our hearts. I will always remember how he was one to reach out to me when I was in a super rough spot and really actually cared about all of us on here-despite his grumpyness. Rest in peace dear friend
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress