This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remembering ChainLightning

I've been very quiet about Chain's death. And I couldn't really say what I wanted to say before. To those of you who reached out to me. To leave me words of encouragement, I heard you. And I thank you. I just couldn't reach out. It's not like me. I carry grief quietly with me. I have added him to the piece of me inside that still loves. I carry my dead loved ones in there. It helps me not to feel alone to know I'm going to carry him with me as well.

I still miss you Chain. But know you are with me. Always.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Having returned to PF only today, I just heard about Chain's passing. I will be eternally grateful to MaskedOne for relaying this information to me. When I left here four years ago, Mike was one of the few people I kept in touch with. We spoke on Facebook a few times a year, yet frequently enough to know that he was in ill health. It hurts my heart to know that I'll never speak with my friend again, yet I choose to believe that it was he that has been the unseen driving force behind my recent nagging urge to return to these forums, a place he and I once called home together. I shall raise a glass in his honour. Hail ChainLightning! Hail Mike! Rest well my friend.
      "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Comment

I suppose this is a long time coming, and a bit late to join in I suppose, but it being Father's Day and all ...

Something had me going back into my old notifications and messages a little while ago, and I realized that I had two from Chain. Both of them were back in September of last year, and I'd all but forgotten about them until today. One of them was due to a series of stupid jokes and puns that were being made, and he sent me a message to thank me for the laughs, stating that it felt good to smile again. The other was much more special to me.

I joined this site about 5 years ago, and have been coming off and on, since. After my initial appearance and disappearance here, I had struggled with feelings of not quite fitting in anymore, and said so in the Confessions thread, but that I kept sticking in out and was starting to feel at home again. That was when Chain sent me a message thanking me for sticking around, because he said that I was part of the family. That simple message was what prompted me to return yet again.

So know that you're missed, Chain, and that you have my, and I'd like to say, all of our deepest respects. Happy Father's Day.

Comment

Been meaning to share this for awhile, so thanks for bringing it back to my attention. Every time I hear this song, I think of Chain.

We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Oh my....I....I suppose this is what I get for staying away for so long. I was just informed on chat about this, and though it's been almost 8 months since it happened I guess I'm feeling the shock for the first time. Chain-you were a friend, and like family to a lot of us on here, and will always be loved and missed and in our hearts. I will always remember how he was one to reach out to me when I was in a super rough spot and really actually cared about all of us on here-despite his grumpyness. Rest in peace dear friend
            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
              Oh my....I....I suppose this is what I get for staying away for so long.
              It's not your fault, Yorin... You had to do what you had to do.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I never met Mr. Chain, though I'm sure we would have gotten along if we did meet.

Comment

Just logged in to see this. How terrible. My thoughts are with those who knew and loved him.

Comment

I was so sad when I heard the news about Chain.

If I'm honest its been so long since I was last on here and my mind is foggy with faces and I don't remember everyone who used to be here.. but I do remember Chain

I'm so sad and so sorry for everyones loss

Comment

Just returned to the forum ... Many memories shine and a few tears fall for one that I never met in the real world but felt close to nonetheless ... I will miss you my fellow olde phartte ...

- - - Updated - - -
                      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Working...
                      X