X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charlie Hebdo

Originally posted by Seeking a Religion View Post
    Well, I used to have the same philosophy as yours but I started caring more about the big picture instead of my own little world . Tolerance to immorality is just an attitude of not caring really ; its been THE catalyst to Americas huge moral degradation with enormous cost of human life even . America was once a nation that believed in 'Im my brothers keeper' philosophy and lovingly approached another that was heading down the wrong path leading to personal destruction , but todays Post Modernism has traded that in for pretending there are no absolute moral laws worthy of following which has been a springboard for much filth, exploitation, and vile behavior ---- all of which most now turn a blind eye to .
    What exact world do you live in. You have once again baffled me. Where exactly do you get your information? Never ever ever has this country or any other had a loving philosophy towards anyone. Did you forget slavery or how about the Japanese concentration camps right after Pearl Harbor? Never has this country been about peace and love. This country is steeped in blood. Blood of many who fought for their "religious" freedoms and rights.

Hebdo fought against the terrorists in the way they knew how, by words and images instead of???? GUNS, and violence. I know this is a hard idea for you to understand probably because I am a feminist and we tend to destroy America as well, but laughter tends to diminish fear. It calms you and those images reduced fear. They are countering the terrorists effect by satire.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      What time frame would you be referring to? I'm calling you out and I would like a specific set of years or decades you think this was actually the case. I want a number.
      Certainly circa 1960 and before. Prior to this, America embraced Christian principles, morals, and ethics even if the Person didn't practice Christianity and was a Church Member --- the populace still recognized right from wrong behavior and didn't blur the lines nor wanted to .

The 3 Kingpins that started the snowball of moral filth including huge consequences from sexual immorality were : Bi-sexual Dr. Alfred Kinsey with his bogus reporting on Americans current perverted sexual proclivities thereby giving the Nation a credit card to unbridled sexual hedonism / Mr. Pajamas Hugh Heffner who found moral-less women to exploit nude in his magazine centerfolds which maximized the cheapness of a Woman in the eyes of the average man / and Elvis Presley whos gyrations and crotch grabbing on stage reinforced the previous two for greater sexual permissiveness and the resulting enormous deadly consequences we face as a Nation some 5 decades later.

Now, im calling you out to actually list what some of the consequences have been to American Society as a result of sexual hedonism being Americans favorite pastime currently ?

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Northman;170676]
      Ive already made it clear in a previous post that I don't support the Terrorists actions and in fact called them Murderers. What I am saying is : By the French Newspaper continuing to defame Islams greatest Prophet , they not only deeply offend the more fundamental peaceful Followers of Islam but they are inciting the Islam Terrorists to greater retaliation at the expense of French citizens lives . The pig-headedness of the French Newspaper is going to come back to bite them again if they continue...and what for ---- ongoing arrogance, insensitivity, and an 'up yours' mendacious attitude ? Will it be worth more innocent French citizens having their lives taken from them prematurely and unnecessarily ? The French Government should step in and say 'Okay, that's enough ; we got our point across and had our laughs at great cost'

I disagree. I'm glad Charlie Hebdo continued to publish satire even after some goat humping mush brained maniacs tried to bloodily silence them. If following the attack Charlie hebdo had apologised for the cartoons that'd have told terrorists everywhere that their brutal methods do work. Terror can win and can silence free speech. This would've encouraged terrorists to think "if terror could silence hebdo, terror must work let's bomb some more!" However as hebdo courageously defied terrorists through their continued publication of the magazine they showed terror doesn't work. Shooting, beheading or bombing people will not compel them to do what you want. And so I'm proud of hebdo for not giving in to terror and basically giving nutjobs the world over the finger.
      The Newspaper didn't have to apologize ; they only had to refrain from showing more vengeance by way of pushing more blatant public ridicule to thwart future vengeance from the Terrorists. Im not proud of Hebdo ; they were wrong and it fueled a situation that became even more wrong and catastrophic.

Comment

You keep assuming that everyone else thinks of the more open sexuality as bad..
        and again, like a few others have already done i think, I feel the need to point out that chistianity by no means equals good morals, and so the lack of Christianity does not automatically bring chaos. I'm not American, but I'm pretty sure you'll find very unchristian behaviour prior to 1960. Also, to clear up something that could possibly be misunderstood; you mention that alfred kinsey was bi, what does that have to do with anything?
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
          What exact world do you live in. You have once again baffled me. Where exactly do you get your information? Never ever ever has this country or any other had a loving philosophy towards anyone. Did you forget slavery or how about the Japanese concentration camps right after Pearl Harbor? Never has this country been about peace and love. This country is steeped in blood. Blood of many who fought for their "religious" freedoms and rights.

Hebdo fought against the terrorists in the way they knew how, by words and images instead of???? GUNS, and violence. I know this is a hard idea for you to understand probably because I am a feminist and we tend to destroy America as well, but laughter tends to diminish fear. It calms you and those images reduced fear. They are countering the terrorists effect by satire.
          Well, the laughter backfired didn't it ? And going out of ones way to ridicule and offend , is hardly a virtue to diminish fear ; now the French have something to fear with retaliation sure to come . And satire has its boundaries ... just as Freedom of Speech should.

I expect everything ive said to be foreign to you because you are the product of Post Modernism which embraces Man being his own 'god' and an authority unto him/herself. Something that Man was never supposed to have and will continue to pervert because the heart of man is essentially narcististic and filled with mendacious motives.

Comment

I'm not sure if you realise that in people have always had sex, in England there's centuries worth of parish records with accounts of bastards being born as well as a common reason for working class people to get married was due to them shagging, accidentally putting a bun in the oven and then feeling compelled to tie the knot so as to avoid the vilification that you're reminiscing about. The sexual revolution of the 60s was a good thing as it scientifically proved that sex is just a natural element of life and there's nowt wrong with it so that all of the unmarried mothers and gay people etc could finally walk in the streets with their heads held high and not have to feel ashamed for living a life that nature intended.

Comment

That would include the so called roaring 20"s?,the wild west with outlaws running around robbing banks?, the racism of the 40's and 50's? into the beginning of a period of protest against a war with few actual reasons besides the specter of Communist conspiracies(McCarthyism) and perhaps the fear of people deciding things for themselves. I think perhaps you might not have actually lived in those periods. Being I am a bit older,I did indeed live and grow up in some of those periods...
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

[QUOTE=Seeking a Religion;170683]Certainly circa 1960 and before. Prior to this, America embraced Christian principles, morals, and ethics even if the Person didn't practice Christianity and was a Church Member --- the populace still recognized right from wrong behavior and didn't blur the lines nor wanted to .

The 3 Kingpins that started the snowball of moral filth including huge consequences from sexual immorality were : Bi-sexual Dr. Alfred Kinsey with his bogus reporting on Americans current perverted sexual proclivities thereby giving the Nation a credit card to unbridled sexual hedonism / Mr. Pajamas Hugh Heffner who found moral-less women to exploit nude in his magazine centerfolds which maximized the cheapness of a Woman in the eyes of the average man / and Elvis Presley whos gyrations and crotch grabbing on stage reinforced the previous two for greater sexual permissiveness and the resulting enormous deadly consequences we face as a Nation some 5 decades later.

Now, im calling you out to actually list what some of the consequences have been to American Society as a result of sexual hedonism being Americans favorite pastime currently ?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Northman View Post

The Newspaper didn't have to apologize ; they only had to refrain from showing more vengeance by way of pushing more blatant public ridicule to thwart future vengeance from the Terrorists. Im not proud of Hebdo ; they were wrong and it fueled a situation that became even more wrong and catastrophic.

That's exactly what the terrorists wanted. By not publishing anymore satire hebdo would appear scared, cowed and beaten. People have died for free speech and I have no doubt they'll die for it in future hebdo realised this, especially following the attack and the fact that they showed defiance in the face of tyranny is commendable. Especially in France, it shows the message of the revolution still runs deep today. They can kill or torture you but they can never silence you. Vive le France.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  That would include the so called roaring 20"s?,the wild west with outlaws running around robbing banks?, the racism of the 40's and 50's? into the beginning of a period of protest against a war with few actual reasons besides the specter of Communist conspiracies(McCarthyism) and perhaps the fear of people deciding things for themselves. I think perhaps you might not have actually lived in those periods. Being I am a bit older,I did indeed live and grow up in some of those periods...
                  Have a hug anu! Also completely off topic. It's going on 2020, i vote that we revive the roaring 20's.
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                    Have a hug anu! Also completely off topic. It's going on 2020, i vote that we revive the roaring 20's.
                    I second that I've got a 20s themed prom this year and I'm loving pin striped suits

Comment

More fun sex more often with fewer unplanned children.

Sounds good to me.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Well, the laughter backfired didn't it ? And going out of ones way to ridicule and offend , is hardly a virtue to diminish fear ; now the French have something to fear with retaliation sure to come . And satire has its boundaries ... just as Freedom of Speech should.

I expect everything ive said to be foreign to you because you are the product of Post Modernism which embraces Man being his own 'god' and an authority unto him/herself. Something that Man was never supposed to have and will continue to pervert because the heart of man is essentially narcististic and filled with mendacious motives.
                        Well start with your first comment. You are implying that they deserved that extreme amount of retaliation. You will always have a chance of back fire because people are allowed to have an opinion. That extreme of a retaliation is that of a coward. Someone who fears that other people will begin to think for themselves. They silence or try to silence those they most fear. You will kindly remember 911 when they tried to silence the U.S. Or did you think we deserved that?

Next lets move on to how I was raised. You have absolutely no idea how I was raised. None. You are also foolish and ignorant. I was raised to put my faith above all others including myself. That God and I am a pagan so Goddess and God come before all others. I am no god nor have I had any delusions other wise. I was also raised to respect my elders, and give thanks before every meal. But my best lesson would be from my grandmother and her words were to never suffer a fool, and you are a damned fool.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          More fun sex more often with fewer unplanned children.

Sounds good to me.
                          My sentiments exactly

Comment

It seems that rather than "Seeking a religion" you wish to define your own beliefs in order to "convert" others to your narrow views. There is a word for such an action,and that name is "proselytism
                            "

Defined here.
                            http://www.thefreedictionary.com/proselytism

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                              You keep assuming that everyone else thinks of the more open sexuality as bad..
                              and again, like a few others have already done i think, I feel the need to point out that chistianity by no means equals good morals, and so the lack of Christianity does not automatically bring chaos. I'm not American, but I'm pretty sure you'll find very unchristian behaviour prior to 1960. Also, to clear up something that could possibly be misunderstood; you mention that alfred kinsey was bi, what does that have to do with anything?
                              The fallout of rampant sexual hedonism (casual sex, hookup sex, shacking up) proves that the ideology is bad because it DOES harm people....the Players as well as Others and in time, and entire Nation. But to those who just don't care, its an impossible task to get them to see that its not been good at all ; things like sacredness , purity, righteousness, sexual respect for others, etc...are all things which are needed to prevent bad fallout from occurring.

Wrong. The ideology and construct of the Christian 10 Commandments and Jesus' teachings DO represent good morals and in fact the highest known to man. But not all who profess Christianity are genuine Christians who live according to them , nor desire to. If you can point to people who profess to be Christians yet still live like a narcissistic Heathen , then all you've done is show what CHrisitanity ISNT . But that doesn't therefore disqualify it. And yes, I agree that many heinous things have been done in the name of God by alleged Christians....but that doesn't mean they were OF GOD . So, I have to side with Christianity as having the correct moral mandates for proper , effective, civil living .... its just that they are shunned for the most part today because Man sees himself being #1 instead of his proper place as #2 to God.

Alfred Kinsey was an esteemed Psychologist back in the late 1950's whom a great many people place their trust in. What many don't know is that he was a BiSexual that coersed his female Office Workers into having adulterous sex with because he gained their trust and confidence also. Kinsey was also known to have homosexual encounters and was a Spreader of STD's . Id say that was pretty disingenuous by common standards , and, absolutely wrong by moral standards of an absolute nature. Absolute moral standards were very widespread received back in the 1950's because by and large, America still desired Gods civil and protective moral mandates to live by and most honored God himself. Back then, most people could be found in Churches on a Sunday Morning instead of acquiring a new STD from a One Night Stand that morning. Yes, the Founding Fathers of this Nation got it right when they wanted CHristian ideals, morals, ethics, and principles to be the backbone of America and if they were alive today, all of them would admit its just a matter of time before America morally implodes on itself making way for greater anarchy that what we already have. WHen a Country mocks, ridicules, and shuns morals so they live as they like ... its set its course toward destruction. You as a younger person will certainly experience it in your lifetime , I promise you that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              It seems that rather than "Seeking a religion" you wish to define your own beliefs in order to "convert" others to your narrow views. There is a word for such an action,and that name is "proselytism
                              "

Defined here.
                              http://www.thefreedictionary.com/proselytism
                              I didn't know that espousing Morals and Ethics to live by was an act of proselytizing ; I just thought everyone alive wanted such things naturally.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                              Well start with your first comment. You are implying that they deserved that extreme amount of retaliation. You will always have a chance of back fire because people are allowed to have an opinion. That extreme of a retaliation is that of a coward. Someone who fears that other people will begin to think for themselves. They silence or try to silence those they most fear. You will kindly remember 911 when they tried to silence the U.S. Or did you think we deserved that?

Next lets move on to how I was raised. You have absolutely no idea how I was raised. None. You are also foolish and ignorant. I was raised to put my faith above all others including myself. That God and I am a pagan so Goddess and God come before all others. I am no god nor have I had any delusions other wise. I was also raised to respect my elders, and give thanks before every meal. But my best lesson would be from my grandmother and her words were to never suffer a fool, and you are a damned fool.
                              Last time I checked, throwing gasoline onto a fire that's already going fuels it and the fire gets bigger and often out of control.

By 'being Ones own god'.. I was referring to Man being his own authority dictating how he lives (being #1) when he was made to be #2 in authority to our wonderful incredible Creator who made the Universe and our very Souls. You see, when we willfully give God his place in our lives , our lives go so much better. We were meant to be obedient Souls who give back a great measure of love to our Creator.

Comment

It is not the moral thought,it is the act of demanding that everyone else follow your beliefs....it is not that you do not find some moral issue,but that you insist everyone believe as you do,even if you know the other person does not follow your personal path.

- - - Updated - - -

I think perhaps you joined a forum clearly labeled as Pagan,to interject your beliefs to harass the members of the forum because you disagree with the pagan path.

The title "troll" seems to fit quite well in this instance.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X