What's your local sacred site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your local sacred site?

Describe the sacred site nearest to you, in as much detail as you like, as I'd be interested to see how different, or perhaps similar, they are, and what sites from different parts of the world might be like.

Re: What's your local sacred site?

I'm not aware of any temples specifically dedicated to Djehuty, but there must be temples of Bast in ancient Bubastis. I don't know if they still exist. Though I consider almost anything connected to Kemetism sacred. Every little thing made for the Netjer (term for Kemetic gods) is sacred.
    But it was forbidden to have any connection with Apep - the one who wishes to devour and swallow the Sun and destroy the universe. I doubt any such things devoted to Apep exist. If they do, in my opinion they are to be destroyed and/or burned.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Perhaps the best known sacred site nearby is Koli. (The following information is partially translated from Finnish Wikipedia, because it's been a while since I've been to Koli.) According to old legends (there hasn't been any archaeological proof) it has been a worship and an offering place. There's still a crack in the stone where the food offerings were put. And some old poems have stated that there are powerful spirits there.

But nowadays, it's a tourist trap, surpise surprise.
      baah.

Comment

I haven't lived at my current location long enough to find any personal sacred sites yet, but I thought I might share one of my favorites from where I grew up:

Windy Run Trail in Arlington, Va has a waterfall that I always felt was special

Comment

We do not have a special place near my city. However I do feel that I have found a special place in the forest which feels to be a lot of energies around. It is really lovely place

Comment

Working...
          X